Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Final of the GHB/1,4-B/GBL FAQ.

HDPE containers

(Merge with Aus DD G sticky please)

I notice that any milk products use HDPE ( /2\ ) bottles, but they seem a lot less thick than most HDPE bottles, I was wondering if these are safe for long-term GBL storage?

Just curious as to what solvent ppl are mixing with 14,B i would assume that water would not mix to well with it... ?

apollo said:
1.5 Anything it shouldn’t be mixed with?

• alcohol
• any other drug classed as a depressant
• driving (it’s the same as alcohol in that respect)
• epilepsy

Just wanted to add my two cents - the epilepsy warning is bang on the money. A handful of grazes and maybe a scar or two can confirm that I not only had a seizure after my gbl last saturday, I was considerably more fish like, managing to flail several of my limbs for longer and sustain a carpet burn to my face - my seizures are normally a fraction of this intensity.

I've been lucky with access to pure high-grade GHB. 1-1.5gr is all I need to get to near-knockout level. YMMV, be careful. For driving it is far worse than alcohol, imho.

1-1.5g of ghb would be fruitless, even 'pure'...

look at the dosage responses. I've used 'pure' ghb powder, and we needed somewhere near the 3g mark to get desired effects, and that would no where near knock you out.

Perhaps if you have no tollerance it would. I'm quite aware that what we were taking was ghb as i witnessed the synth. multiple times.

The end result was usually off white to yellowish powder/rocks of soapy consistency. Salty to taste and clean as. One batch was absolutely amazingly good, But also you see a bit turn back into lactone as moisture builds up on it. Damn hydroscopic chems :D

I spilled some GBL on the polished floorboards and it ate right through the polish.. I still wonder how this stuff isn't bad for you... any one know how to fix this, like patch it up, cos I'm going to be in the shit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, not without polishing, re-staining or revarnishing the whole floor. I have seen some floor waxes and or patch up varnishes do a temporary job, but if it's in the open or is to be closely checked e.g. landlord inspection, it may not pass.

GBL is a solvent. It loves things like varnish and lacquers

From the Merck index:

Use: Intermediate in the synthesis of polyvinylpyrrolidone, DL-methionine, piperidine, phenylbutyric acid, thiobutyric acids. Solvent for polyacrylonitrile, cellulose acetate, methyl methacrylate polymers, polystyrene. Constituent of paint removers, textile aids, drilling oils.

Well I'm now going to dose on carpet only. :)
I swear I never dripped any. It must of been a few times there was the slightest little droplette that fell from the end of the syringe.

Hey guys n00bus here.. Just wanted to know wether its definately a must to keep your G refridgerated.. I have been told i should but haven't been able to do so for various reasons. I.e living in a house with other people.. so leaving a half full red eye bottle of G in the fridge could create a fucking bad sitch. :\
Anyhow, was just wondering as to why it should be refridgerated?? Cos i had some of what i had been keeping in my cupboard today and it tasted a lot worse than it did when i got it, also it made me pretty sick a few hours after the effects wore off. I took roughly 70mls all up(Its diluted GBL btw Its' fairly close to being 1ml of pure per every 10mls I watched my guy make it up) So i started out with 20mls, then an hour later had 30 then another hour later had 20 more. It was fucking great needless to say, but i got well sick hours afterwards which has never happened to me before. Do you think that could be because it wasn't refriderated for a few weeks? Or simply because GBL is pretty much an industrial solvent which is fucking harsh on your digestive system?

Cheers :)

JohnnyG said:
Hey guys n00bus here.. Just wanted to know wether its definately a must to keep your G refridgerated.. I have been told i should but haven't been able to do so for various reasons. I.e living in a house with other people.. so leaving a half full red eye bottle of G in the fridge could create a fucking bad sitch. :\
Anyhow, was just wondering as to why it should be refridgerated?? Cos i had some of what i had been keeping in my cupboard today and it tasted a lot worse than it did when i got it, also it made me pretty sick a few hours after the effects wore off. I took roughly 70mls all up(Its diluted GBL btw Its' fairly close to being 1ml of pure per every 10mls I watched my guy make it up) So i started out with 20mls, then an hour later had 30 then another hour later had 20 more. It was fucking great needless to say, but i got well sick hours afterwards which has never happened to me before. Do you think that could be because it wasn't refriderated for a few weeks? Or simply because GBL is pretty much an industrial solvent which is fucking harsh on your digestive system?

Cheers :)
GBL must not kept refrigerated it doesnt decompose.
The bad taste GBL develops over time when diluted with water is just GBL turning partly to GHB (the acid not a salt) and this tastes and smells awful. The formation of this equilibrium can be prvented by keeping the stuff at 0°C (then the equilibrium is to 100% on the GBL side) or by simply adding some acid. Lemonjuice or any other acidic juice suffices.
But GHB doesnt cause stomach problems at least not as far as I know. You got sick because you took to much to fast and that you could do this in the past doesnt say you can do it now. 7ml over two hours is pretty much out of the reasonable limit IMHO.

Thanks cobber :)
Yer I smash it a bit too hard sometimes. I'm well aware of how dangerous that can be, but hey I'm still here.. I'm taking a big break from Geebuss because using the stuff every weekend is definitely not a good idea. As well as I'm unable to get any at the moment.. And in the ACT when G disappears there is no telling how long it can take for it to come back.

Anyways, cheers for that info laddy

1,4-B tastes extremely bad – it has been described as “like drinking liquid plastic”, “distinctly chemical” and “acrid”. GHB tastes more like seawater or licorice. The tastes are easy to distinguish; however unless you’ve tried them all, you’ll never know which is which.

ive never had 1-4,b that tasted like plastic and when it freezes solid it doesnt look like an oily mass it looks like a solid block of ice!!!and before any1 tries to lecture me Yes it was pure 1-4,b,straight from japan and it was even accompanied by a certificate of analysis!!!!
Ive also never had GHB that tasted like licorice,i have had GBL that tastes almost like petrol tho!!!!apart from that good work!

The GBL I get tastes alot like liquid plastic.. Some of the people I know who get it from the same chap say it's 14BL but those same people have told me there is no such thing as GBL LOL.. I wouldn't have a clue tbh which of the 2 it is... I have only had the same stuff off the one guy many times and it has always tasted the same. The taste is pretty much like liquid plastic, extraordinarilly chemical tasting and it absolutely flogs me everytime.. Sex is also absolutely amazing on the stuff and always seems to happen when I take it with certain friends!! HAHAHA :)

Its probably gbl if it tastes like chemical cleaner, its not that bad but it certainly tastes toxic. It will probably burn your mouth if you take it straight as well.

is it possible to merge read with the other GBL?GHB 1,4,B this thread with the other GBH/GHB thread?

You mean this thread?

No, because when merged the posts are shown in chronological order and the combined thread probably wouldn't make much sense. :)

Is it possible to evaporate out a bottle of GHB into powder? I'd feel much more comfortable weighing out doses exactly than guessing at how much I'm actually taking. Would putting it in a pyrex pan in the oven do the job, or will it break down before I can get it hot enough to get all the water out?

Edit:
After looking up various synths, apparently one can slowly heat the solution, boiling off water, until it gets to 150C (just under 300F) and no more bubbles are forming. The remaining liquid is molten Na-GHB and will solidify when cooled.

Last edited: