• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Feminism!

i am a female, and adore everything surrounding female behaviour, mind and physique.

but am the first to say that the feminism/sexual revolution killed traditional sociatarian values as we know them.

women have always held a strong place within society, whether it be keeping the home stable and or children. their place has been of great value and priceless. it should have been kept that way; and am personally pissed that some bitch got a bee in her bonnet and thought that standards should have been measured on a man-like scale; whereas female behaviour once upon a time was anything but. can you believe that the window cleaning industry alone reaps $10 mil in profit per year in the USA? i dont. sad but its true; and due to the demand of paying others to partake in the roles that youre average housewife would do, free of charge; we accept it as normal.

equality will never occur in a world where men are from venus and women are from mars. a man will never experience the grief that comes with a menstrual and or reproductive cycle; as wont a women ever experience the griefs that come alongside manhood and the stigmas it holds; even with their overly motherly natures.

both sexes play a huge part in society and keep it alive.

since the sexual and feminism revolutions; obesity has been at an all time high as women arent cooking at home as frequently, and fast food has taken over as a substitute for REAL food. ADHD is at an all time high as children arent recieving the attention and dietary requirements they require from a loving family network, as has the divorce rate. shit i could go on for days.

feminism is as valid as manhoodism in my eyes. both are moot and distructive to values as weve always known them.

...kytnism...:|

^ I'm not sure if its completely valid or not, but one of the best arguments ive seen posted in any topical thread for a long time

my favorite feminist author.........ladies beware she does not just focus on men, but also attributes the domination of women as an act carried out by women (knowingly or not)

Challenging Capitalism & Patriarchy

Third World Viewpoint interviews Bell Hooks
In Feminist Theory, From Margin to Center I said that if you think of feminism as a movement to end sexism and sexist oppression, there is nothing about men in there. To me, a woman can’t be a feminist just because she is a woman. She is a feminist because she begins to divest herself of sexist ways of thinking and revolutionizes her consciousness. The same is true for the male comrade in struggle.

One would think, as in the case of racism, that it’s more in the interest of the woman to develop a feminist consciousness, but that’s the only way in which I think that women have a greater claim to feminism than men. I feel sad that we have allowed these knee-jerk feminists who want to act like it’s a struggle against men…but again that’s the least politically developed strand of feminism. That is the strand of feminism that people most hear about, not the kind of revolutionary feminism that says, patriarchy is life threatening to Black men. When we look at the Black men who are killing each other--who think that their dick is a gun, and a gun is a dick--those men need a critique of that notion of patriarchal masculinity to save their lives. Feminism as a political movement has to specifically address the needs of men in their struggle to revolutionize their consciousness.

kytnism said:
i am a female, and adore everything surrounding female behaviour, mind and physique.

but am the first to say that the feminism/sexual revolution killed traditional sociatarian values as we know them.

women have always held a strong place within society, whether it be keeping the home stable and or children. their place has been of great value and priceless. it should have been kept that way; and am personally pissed that some bitch got a bee in her bonnet and thought that standards should have been measured on a man-like scale; whereas female behaviour once upon a time was anything but. can you believe that the window cleaning industry alone reaps $10 mil in profit per year in the USA? i dont. sad but its true; and due to the demand of paying others to partake in the roles that youre average housewife would do, free of charge; we accept it as normal.

equality will never occur in a world where men are from venus and women are from mars. a man will never experience the grief that comes with a menstrual and or reproductive cycle; as wont a women ever experience the griefs that come alongside manhood and the stigmas it holds; even with their overly motherly natures.

since the sexual and feminism revolutions; obesity has been at an all time high as women arent cooking at home as frequently, and fast food has taken over as a substitute for REAL food. ADHD is at an all time high as children arent recieving the attention and dietary requirements they require from a loving family network, as has the divorce rate. shit i could go on for days.

feminism is as valid as manhoodism in my eyes. both are moot and distructive to values as weve always known them.

Holy Crap.

In my dreams I am this eloquent.

Really well considered and written.

This bit really grabbed me by the balls....................its really made me realise that women in fact demeaned themselves.

women have always held a strong place within society, whether it be keeping the home stable and or children.

AUSTRALIA is to have its first female governor-general, with the announcement that Queensland's governor, Quentin Bryce, has been appointed to the job. The announcement came as current Governor-General Major General Michael Jeffery handed in his resignation.

0,,5984447,00.jpg

'Outstanding record' ... Ms Bryce has been appointed to a five-year term / AAP

Major General Jeffery's current term is due to expire next month.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said Ms Bryce would become Australia's 25th governor-general.

Ms Bryce, who was appointed the 24th Governor of Queensland in July 2003, had been an inspiring governor, serving with great distinction, Mr Rudd said.

"Ms Bryce has an outstanding record of service to the entire Australian community," he said in a statement.

"She is highly qualified for the role of governor-general. Ms Bryce has enjoyed a rich and dynamic career as a lawyer, academic and senior public office holder."

Her former roles include federal sex discrimination commissioner, inaugural director of the Queensland Women's Information Service and founding chair and chief executive of the National Childcare Accreditation Council.

Ms Bryce has been appointed to a five-year term.

Ms Bryce and her husband, Adjunct Professor Michael Bryce AM AE, were married in 1964. They have two daughters, three sons and five grandchildren.

"On behalf of the Government and the people of Australia, I extend very sincere congratulations to Ms Bryce," Mr Rudd said.

Mr Rudd said Major General Jeffery, who served as governor-general for five years, had completed a very distinguished term of service in this high office.

"On behalf of the Government and the people of Australia I record our deep appreciation of Major General Jeffery's services to his country and our great respect for the outstanding way he has carried out his duties as governor-general," he said.

"Major General Jeffery has a long and admirable record of service to the community.

"Not only has he served as Governor-General of Australia, but he was also the Governor of Western Australia from 1993 to 2003."

He said Major General Jeffery, who served in the Vietnam war, held a number of very senior posts in the Australian Army, including as the first commanding officer of the SAS regiment.

"I hope that he and his wife Marlena will continue to enjoy good health and happiness in the years ahead," Mr Rudd said.

"I wish Major General Jeffery and Mrs Jeffery the very best for their future."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23532259-2,00.html

This is definitely a gender issue.

Contraceptive for men a shot in the arm
April 13, 2008 04:24am
Article from: The Sunday Telegraph

NEW Australian-developed contraceptive jab for men, taken four times a year, has been proven to be just as effective as birth-control pills for women.

Sydney researchers found the hormonal injection is a quick and reliable method of contraception for up to 95 per cent of males.

Until now, the only effective non-barrier contraceptive for men was a vasectomy, meaning that women tended to take on theresponsibility.

Now there is an alternative - but pharmaceutical companies have shown little interest in making it available to the public.

The new jab works by suppressing sperm output but does not have a permanent effect.

Made up of a combination of the hormones androgen and progestin - mostly testosterone - it needs to be administered every two to three months.

Researchers from the ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney and Concord Hospital studied 1756 men aged 18 to 51 and found the combined jab was quicker and more effective than an androgen-only version.

Associate Professor Peter Liu, co-author of the integrated analysis study, said he was disappointed pharmaceutical companies had pulled out of the project to develop a commercially available male contraceptive jab.

"I think there's a real need for it because I see a lot of couples where a female doesn't want to use or is intolerant to a female contraceptive pill or males who want to delay vasectomy" Professor Liu said.

"There are also couples who say it's not fair, why should (birth control) be up to the female? I hear that from both partners."

Research has been hindered by a shortage of government interest and funding.

"My perception is that people want it but it seems to be that somehow that isn't being heard at a government level," Professor Liu said.

"No one has really pushed this issue and I don't know why that is. Sometimes, the Government doesn't know what the community wants so the community has to tell them."

The jab is as effective as a vasectomy without the need for surgery or stopping sperm completely, according to the study which has been published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Medical Observer magazine.

"We conclude that androgen-progestin administration can suppress sperm output in a timely fashion to concentrations that are compatible with reliable contraception in most, but not all, men," the study authors wrote.

"The rate of suppression is comparable to that achieved after vasectomy."

The World Health Organisation is understood to be planning an international study to test a three-monthly androgen-progestin combination injection for men.

Countries such as China, where population growth is exploding, are expected to be among the biggest markets for the new jab.

News.com.au

MazDan said:
yes but she is damn good at it..............lol.

Do I really have to wade through a multiculturalism thread??? It sounds boring which is why I have never entererd.

Damn, when did I leave??? Wish someone would tell me these things...........like I should at least have the courtesy of a PM saying..............hey mate..........you have left mmkay.

Mate, You're the one that asked for my thoughts on your thoughts in that thread! lol I replied and was waiting on your reply when was told you had gone. News to both of us i guess ;)

kytnism said:

I really appreciate your mind and what you have to stay on this place and mostly agree with you. I agree that we will never be the same nor should be strive to be. I don't agree with your last statement though. These "values" (if you're talking about old fashioned gender roles within society etc) do they include mens rights to beat their wives cos they own them? Obviously not and i don't see you agreeing but my point is that not everything that was seen as a value "back then" are still going to be valid now. Don't you think it's good to move on and evolve and share the load?

hoptis said:

News.com.au

Horay! It's about time men took some responsibility in contraception other then just the old dom. Maybe it's time for some emotional torture and hormonal imbalance to make you feel crazy! :p But would i trust one to do it? That's another matter entirely ;)

hoptis said:

News.com.au

Curious as to what your thoughts might be on it, hoptis (and any other men, for that matter).

I discussed this with my bf, and he wasn't too happy about it. But, I told him to consider how women who are on hormonal contraceptives feel. We both raised some interesting questions regarding it, but I've yet to talk to any other males about it.

eras3r said:
Curious as to what your thoughts might be on it, hoptis (and any other men, for that matter).

I discussed this with my bf, and he wasn't too happy about it. But, I told him to consider how women who are on hormonal contraceptives feel. We both raised some interesting questions regarding it, but I've yet to talk to any other males about it.

Not a snowflakes chance in hell would I be using it.............so you better be on the pill biatch.

Whats the point when its only a 95% effective.

Considering it's a shot of androgens and testosterone I'd be concerned about possible testicular atrophy. The problem with sperm production is that it has a number of negative feedback loops keeping it in check, after all the whole point of the male body is to make sperm. It's very hard to stop sperm production without messing up a number of other areas, if it were as east as stopping ovulation we would have seen a male contraceptive drug decades ago. I would not consider the male shot until extensive long term studies have been done on its efficacy and side effects.

MazDan said:
Not a snowflakes chance in hell would I be using it.............so you better be on the pill biatch.

Whats the point when its only a 95% effective.

Lots of contraception is 95% or greater, with perfect use. Your typical user of the patch, pill, what have you, generally lessens the effectiveness due to lack of consistency.

Why are you against men using birth control, Dan? I'd like to hear an honest answer, not a "NOT A FAT CHANCE IN HELL!!@#!!ELEVENTY!"

Why should it be the woman's responsibility to use contraception when it obviously takes two to procreate. :)

eras3r said:
Why should it be the woman's responsibility to use contraception when it obviously takes two to procreate. :)

Lots of guys use condoms you know...

wizekrak said:
Considering it's a shot of androgens and testosterone I'd be concerned about possible testicular atrophy.

Have you seen the possible side effects that can happen to women who take hormonal birth control?

Just sayin'. :)

wizekrak said:
The problem with sperm production is that it has a number of negative feedback loops keeping it in check, after all the whole point of the male body is to make sperm. It's very hard to stop sperm production without messing up a number of other areas,...

And the function of women is to produce eggs that your sperm can fertilize.

Vasectomies don't mess up a lot of other areas needed for male hormones, if that's what you're getting at as far as the risk of taking a hormonal injection to reduce sperm count.

wizekrak said:
... if it were as east as stopping ovulation we would have seen a male contraceptive drug decades ago.

I wouldn't consider that true at all. Consider this. A woman creates an egg, usually, once a month. One single solitary egg.

Men produce a garbajillion sperm in each ejaculation. It's easier to pin point one thing than it is to figure out how to stop millions. Ya know?

wizekrak said:
I would not consider the male shot until extensive long term studies have been done on its efficacy and side effects.

I agree with you that studies should be carried out longer. However, I do hope that more men are interested in assisting in a trial.

As far as the side effects, meh. I've been on HBC since I was 15 (I'll be 27 soon). I'm really not worried about the side effects, as many other medications I've been on have much horrid possible side effects. The key word is possible.

Just remember, at least the male hormone shot won't trick your body into thinking it's pregnant, like women's hormonal birth control does. ;)