• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Feminism!

vanth said:
You know Rated E, I'm pretty sure I speak for many people in this discussion when I say we'd all prefer it if you quit acting like you're talking to a three year old, for example here, and when you repeatedly suggested Samadhi didn't understand what an analogy was.

You know I think I speak for at least a couple of people when I say that I'd prefer it if you contributed to the discussion at hand instead trying to take stabs at my character and identity.

I made no personal attacks. I expressed my points with a bit of impatience and a hint of superiority. But those points would have been the same either way.

Klue said:
Hmm. Are there any other factors involved here? Does she have the qualifications you have? Has she worked there for as long as you have?

If the bosses have specifically chosen to pay her less because she is a woman, then that is totally wrong and they are breaking the law.

Is sexism the reason though?

Yes, Yes, Longer.

There is no clear violation of any statutes, by laws etc

obviously it is.

As for me alluding to women’s sports what I was saying is there is blatant inequality and the reasons or justification for the inequality posted afterwards merely just agree with the original point

BREAKaBEAT said:
Also, all this talk the past 50 years about the laughable notion of 'equal rights' has weakened mens masculinity, and consequently society. Men trying to be women and women trying to be men has really fucked things up.

Damn straight.

The entire women being equal with men thing has gone so far overboard that its just not funny.

Women are not and never will be equal to men. In fact the whole idea is laughable.

Its a fact of life.

And as for the carry on about tampons and having to pay GST............what a joke.................your carrying on about having to pay an extra few cents a month?

NO..........your carrying on because of the GST wording......... not necessary item.................get over it................ If thats your biggest feminist whinge nowadays then you all have it pretty good.

Regards the idea of women being superior to men mentally...............

well I guess that depends on what you determine makes a mind superior.

I expect that there is good scientific evidence to prove that women are better at some mental things than men however I also suspect that there is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that men are better than women in some areas.

In the end its not an argument either way as men and women are different and each has specific strengths and weaknesses.

MazDan said:
In the end its not an argument either way as men and women are different and each has specific strengths and weaknesses.

I consider that to be a very good point, its all a balancing act.

I've looked over a few of the scientific studies that pop up from time to time on the comparisons on mental ability and/or emotional stability between men and women. Whilst those studies do eventualy reach a final conclusion that they can measure as a percentage, practically all of them conclude that the differences are statisticaly insignificant and hence no real conclusion can be drawn.

In those topics, surely sex is only one of many variables that will impact on a person when it comes to their mental and emotional states

Actually Eggy, I just realised something that I had never thought about before.

Feminism is probably more about women wanting to say "women are better than men" more than anything else nowadays.

But it still comes down to the bottom line which is that women will never be better than men and men will never be better than women................because we are different and not comparable.

^ I 100% agree with your last statement. I'm all about equality for the sexes, with certain things - such as leave entitlement for work, career opportunities where the differences in males and females are irrelevant, that kind of thing.

When a man is hired for a role over a woman - because he is more qualified and/or more suited to the role - and the woman pulls the discrimination card, it gives a bad name to those of us who genuinely want people to be treated fairly... it's really annoying.

Fundamentalists shit me - and that includes bra-burning, man hating feminists.

Thats a good point also. Too often groups of people with similar values, attitudes and agendas are tainted by the actions of a minority.

Ultimately that is likely to happen to any conglomerate, from a peaceful Islamic group through to a group of Rugby League players. I guess, good or bad, thats just the world we live in

Thats very true, and I guess that those of us who hate x group or y group will jump on those minority who act like doushbags and tar the lot with the same feather......................actually I have probably been guilty of doing that throughout my life...............its an easy way to win an argument.

MazDan said:
Regards the idea of women being superior to men mentally...............

well I guess that depends on what you determine makes a mind superior.

I expect that there is good scientific evidence to prove that women are better at some mental things than men however I also suspect that there is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that men are better than women in some areas.

That is exactly the point i was trying to make. Thank you! :)

I am glad to see some people somewhat agree too, i was getting quite concerned for a while there yesterday.

Cool, another feminism thread. I think i've pretty much said all I have to say on this topic in the last one though so i won't repeat myself. Bumping for passion though ;)

doofqueen said:
Cool, another feminism thread. I think i've pretty much said all I have to say on this topic in the last one though so i won't repeat myself. Bumping for passion though ;)

I didnt know there was another feminism thread but Im guessing you are a continual bra burner???

lol.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
You shouldn't be called doofqueen, it should be shitstirrerqueen. ;)

yes but she is damn good at it..............lol.

Do I really have to wade through a multiculturalism thread??? It sounds boring which is why I have never entererd.

Damn, when did I leave??? Wish someone would tell me these things...........like I should at least have the courtesy of a PM saying..............hey mate..........you have left mmkay.