Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Prepares to Make Episode 7

JJ Abrams is a chode, Lost sucks, and if Disney let's him place one finger on Star Wars I am going to move to Madagascar and completely give up on Western society.

EDIT: @ L2R, never trust JJ Abrams. Never.

^ But will you be exposed to Disney's shitty movie Madagascar over there? Disney's reach is endless!

Abrams did good by the mission impossible franchise, but then coming after John fkn woo all he really needed to do was point the camera in the right bloody direction.

121222114106703503.jpg

Hey, if they do a better job than lucas did with ep 2 + 3 I will be a happy man. Set the bar pretty low.

I love star wars, and would definitely consider myself a fanboy. I love all of the star wars universe, so i'm not exactly upset. I'm just stoked to see a new star wars!

Sure, the originals are classics, but that doesn't mean someone else cannot do it justice. Especially when you consider the creator himself really phoned in Clones & Sith. Cheesy romance in star wars, really?

One name: Joss Whedon.

Hey, if they do a better job than lucas did with ep 2 + 3 I will be a happy man. Set the bar pretty low.

I love star wars, and would definitely consider myself a fanboy. I love all of the star wars universe, so i'm not exactly upset. I'm just stoked to see a new star wars!

Sure, the originals are classics, but that doesn't mean someone else cannot do it justice. Especially when you consider the creator himself really phoned in Clones & Sith. Cheesy romance in star wars, really?

One name: Joss Whedon.

But you were okay with the cheesey romance between Han Solo (and Luke for a bit) & Princess Leia in the original trilogy then? Part of the magic of IV, V and VI was the ability to appeal to young men who love sci-fi/action movies but also to other ages and women with the air of romance. They are classics for more than the obvious reasons. The newer trilogy felt forced (for lack of a better term) when the details of Anakin/Darth Vader and Padme came to be. Maybe that is what you meant?

But you were okay with the cheesey romance between Han Solo (and Luke for a bit) & Princess Leia in the original trilogy then? Part of the magic of IV, V and VI was the ability to appeal to young men who love sci-fi/action movies but also to other ages and women with the air of romance. They are classics for more than the obvious reasons. The newer trilogy felt forced (for lack of a better term) when the details of Anakin/Darth Vader and Padme came to be. Maybe that is what you meant?

It was infinitely less cheesy than II and III. In fact I dont even feel in IV, V, and VI that it was cheesy. Heres why: I never saw Han and Leia sitting in a field discussing politics. I never saw Han and Leia have secret rendezvous. I never saw Leia hold Han after learning his mother died. I never saw Han being 11 fucking years old crushing on a 16 year old queen.

That stuff is cheesy. What did I see in the original 3? I saw Han being a bad ass mother fucker, and Leia getting turned on by that.

Again, i'm a HUGE SW fanboy. I'm someone who has read star wars books for crying out loud. And, as a fanboy I am simply PUMPED at the possibility of a new, GOOD, Star Wars.

Despite the likely probability of being hugely let down, I still can have (A New) Hope!

I still think Joss Whedon would be a badass. Firefly was one of the best sci-fi shows ever made.

Last edited:
It was infinitely less cheesy than II and III. In fact I dont even feel in IV, V, and VI that it was cheesy. Heres why: I never saw Han and Leia sitting in a field discussing politics. I never saw Han and Leia have secret rendezvous. I never saw Leia hold Han after learning his mother died. I never saw Han being 11 fucking years old crushing on a 16 year old queen.

That stuff is cheesy. What did I see in the original 3? I saw Han being a bad ass mother fucker, and Leia getting turned on by that.

Again, i'm a HUGE SW fanboy. I'm someone who has read star wars books for crying out loud. And, as a fanboy I am simply PUMPED at the possibility of a new, GOOD, Star Wars.

Despite the likely probability of being hugely let down, I still can have (A New) Hope!

I still think Joss Whedon would be a badass. Firefly was one of the best sci-fi shows ever made.

I understand where you are coming from....I just dont get bothered by it as much. It doesnt make me any less of a fanboy. ;)

i think they are making star wars the new bond franchise.

aside from the new trilogy, currently in production, zack snyder is on board to direct a completely unrelated star wars film based on kurosawa's seven samurai.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/25923/zack-snyder-to-helm-star-wars-film

Zack Snyder seems to be able to rip off better source material from Kurosawa than George Lucas.

(I'm still not sure why Lucas thought that ripping off "Hidden Fortress" was a good idea.)

(I'm still not sure why Lucas thought that ripping off "Hidden Fortress" was a good idea.)

Because he knows how to make money? Like, metric shit-tons of it.

Man, I'll never understand the popularity of Firefly...or any other Joss Whedon work for that matter. To me, Firefly was generic, derivative Sci-Fi - all style and no substance.

Zack Snyder seems to be able to rip off better source material from Kurosawa than George Lucas.

he was enamoured by asian culture and the simple idea of using robots instead of peasants. it was the seventies, he was probably ripped off his tits.

seven samurai is indeed a step up. now although it has been done so many times, a star wars take on yojimbo would be truly incredible. one jedi, two hutt clans... oh yeah baby. i'd PAY MONEY to see that first day.

^ I'm still not certain he'll pan out. Also, I don't think the Universe can handle one guy directing both Star Wars and Star Trek. So if he does end up filming it, we'll all be torn apart at a subatomic level and no one will get to see it anyway.

^i believe al gore would be against that

i'll pirate it i guess

No it's not a threat but a promise
I'm as
Crazy as they come see
Mama didn't love me
All I got is my nine
And to calm the savage beast here's the Alpine

^ I'm still not certain he'll pan out. Also, I don't think the Universe can handle one guy directing both Star Wars and Star Trek. So if he does end up filming it, we'll all be torn apart at a subatomic level and no one will get to see it anyway.

No kidding.

Hollywood has officially divided by zero.