Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Prepares to Make Episode 7

JJ Abrams is a chode, Lost sucks, and if Disney let's him place one finger on Star Wars I am going to move to Madagascar and completely give up on Western society.

Well, I've just booked my flight. I'm pretty sure that Madagascar doesn't have internet, so I guess this is 'good bye'.

Laters bro. Fax me some coconuts. You never know when you'll need to foley up some horse sounds.

seriously though...

900x900px-LL-4f3a5ee5_iqUNtBZfFRofS.gif

funny-gifs-best-reaction.gif

I predict the new SW is going to be one of those things (Disney isn't going to screw with the formula):

1)Collect random virtually unknown young actors for the core main cast
2)Have some super recognizable actors to get behind it as mentors
3)Keep the traditional archetypes. R2D2, C3P0, Yoda, Chewie
4)Keep it a kids movie, light weight, funny, action, romance, fun, pew-pew

Profit

Disney is going to throw some heavy weight CGI and production value into the thing to make it so goddamn gorgeous that you are going to WANT to see it. It will make Avatar look like a cheesy 80s toy. Somewhere along the way they will develop some technology to make the whole 48 fps and 3D thing into an actual draw.

The first movie's script will be nothing more than an introduction of characters and a cocktease for the 2nd movie.

Expect a racing segment/ spaceship fight that will make you barf.

And a marketing hype machine the likes of which God hasn't seen.

"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that are in development. I can confirm to you today that, in fact, we are working on a few stand-alone films.

Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga.

We still plan to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. There are going to be a few other films released in that time, too."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/26145/disney-confirms-star-wars-spin-off-films

possible yoda back story
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/26128/yoda-from-star-wars-gets-a-biopic

There's so much material to pull from that movies could be made for many years to come. That doesnt necessarily mean there will be good ones all the time but as a fan, it piques my interest nonetheless.

they could cover the period when he was just an ordinary river folk, and then he discovers the force, gets addicted, it becomes his precious, he turns into a green frog and starts talking backwards.

they could cover the period when he was just an ordinary river folk, and then he discovers the force, gets addicted, it becomes his precious, he turns into a green frog and starts talking backwards.

'The Lord of the Force' is a pretty catchy title.

georgey will probably convolute it some "star wars: the myth of the story of the mystery of the legend of the force of the lord of the force"

now they are saying boba fett (obviously) and han solo spin offs.

I'll never understand the fanboy obsession with Boba Fett. He has, what, two lines? A total of 20 seconds of screen time? But "oooooh he's got a jetpack and shoots lasers that pew pew and stands around looking cool!" Next they're gonna give IG-88 his own movie, or even this guy:

MomawNadon-thumb-300x283.jpg

Might as well just give every Star Wars character his own movie because why not? After all: Money.

the speed of fett's reaction to the leia disguised bounty hunter pulling out a detonator is what made him.
bfett.gif

tried to find an animated gif, but came up empty.

the only tattoo i regret is the fett bantha skull symbol on my left shoulder. it's my only cliche ink. :(

Yeah, I don't get the whole Boba Fett thing, either. It must be the helmet.

okay, put it this way, he's like the galaxy far far away's gadget stuffed genius batman

He can't be that awesome. His dad was considered the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, but his genetically perfect clones couldn't even shoot the broad side of a Star Destroyer. Boba ain't no genius: he just goes wherever the empire tells him to go and then falls into a sarlacc pit, the end. (Extended Universe Star Wars doesn't count)

He can't be that awesome. His dad was considered the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, but his genetically perfect clones couldn't even shoot the broad side of a Star Destroyer. Boba ain't no genius: he just goes wherever the empire tells him to go and then falls into a sarlacc pit, the end. (Extended Universe Star Wars doesn't count)
XfG2Uf6.gif