• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Defining moments in your rave life

Badump! My defining rave moment was possibly talking shite for 15 hours to the man who eventually became my husband, yet never once asking for his phone number. Curious!

Edited because it sounded like I meant he was my husband for 15 hours, when in actuality he's been my husband for at least 96 hours ;)

Last edited:
A defining rave moment for me was when I figured out a reason why they sometimes hold off putting the lasers on until later in the night. It happened at a utopia while I was sitting up the back of the main arena completely legless and peaking very hard listening one of fenix's freeform sets. During the middle of one of the songs the beat slowed down for a moment then gradually built back up then suddenly kicks back in accompanied by a total onslaught of lasers!! It totally blew my mind and I couldn’t help but jump up and start dancing.

Watching Scot Project at Kryal Castle 2002 as the sun came up... it was... breathtaking! =D

Soo many.

But the most recent one was at Shroomz a few weeks ago. I had a slab of beers, and no bottle opener. Sugar was laughing his arse of at me trying to get the fucking beer open, and he says to me "look at that car... its a giant bottle opener"

So we had a competition to open the damn beers. Just stoned, drunk, laughing my tits off, listening to some of the sweetest psy ever.

Ahhhh... fun times

Thanks Lep & Mona :D

My defining moment was at pharmacy at room earlier this year i was nicely toasted in the middle of the dance floor with the laser dancing around my head then SHOKK decided to put in the biggest build up and the whole crowd was rising with it and then bam it kicked in the crowd went off and i have never felt that euphoric in my life everything feel into place all at once.
I also had a great mate right next to me to enjoy that moment with and i don't think it will be topped! =D 8o =D

i didn't really have a nay moments at raves (only been to four anyway) but i remember my first doof completely :)

Sitting there in the morning after dancing all night and chatting with mates having cones on top of a mountain in the middle of the forest , watching the dance floor and seeing the most creative and artistic people and scenery around me and i just thought to myself

"ahhhh this is the life , i finally found where i belong, i am home" :)

also thinking that we were a bunch of misfits in society getting away from the hustle and bustle of our every day lives being peaceful and free and just being us

I love doofs with all my heart :) :)

Originally posted by RustyBickie
Watching Scot Project at Kryal Castle 2002 as the sun came up... it was... breathtaking! =D

i'm entirely with you on this one...and a bit earlier that night - lasers playing across the trees in the darkness...mmm :D

It is about time I posted in this thread.

It was at Insite, about a year and a half ago, when myself and my boyfriend sat down on the stairs next to the gents, my pill had just kicked in. Then, one by one people began to sit down with us and we all had these amazing conversations, and to top it all off, someone had a can of Medic to spare.

reading this thread is making me smile from ear to ear - thinking about all the great memories!!

here are a few:
1) being at 2tribes 2003, and feeling e for the first time (i'd had e before, but had never felt like i should have) - i'd just popped the 2nd half of my blue motorola - suddenly while talking to my friends - BAM it hits - i giggle, lie back and just go wow. i get up to find my friend who got me the pill, and just have the best hug known to man.

2) later that same night - Junkie XL was playing red pill blue pill, and since motorola were sponsors of 2tribes, it kept flashing on the screen - so i'm off my nut and just keep hearing/ seeing blue pill / motorola - which is what i was on!!

3) earlier this year, at some event, i had convinced my boyfriends best friend ( we have always had a rough relationship) to try a pill - anyway, suddenly the e drops and he just stands there smiling - i hug him, and we have been close friends ever since - e changed him as a person, he is funnier, more open, and is now in love (he was always an immature dick before that, treating girls like crap). i like to think that i helped him become a better person :D (sounds so cheesy i know).

4) oh so many more - giving a first timer a massage (i have long nails) while sniffing my medic, and having him crumple on the floor, because i was doing it as his peak comes on (his first ever).... so happy!!

5) being lifted by my waist by a really tall guy (so i'm in a backwards L shape), and feeling like i am floating over the crowd

sorry for the mega post - these are just stand out moments for me.... and i've only been doing e for a little over a year... !! hope you all have a great weekend =D

ps - we don't get lasers in perth - i've never seen them - jealous of all you guys!!

Mr. Horse said:
Soo many.

But the most recent one was at Shroomz a few weeks ago. I had a slab of beers, and no bottle opener. Sugar was laughing his arse of at me trying to get the fucking beer open, and he says to me "look at that car... its a giant bottle opener"

So we had a competition to open the damn beers. Just stoned, drunk, laughing my tits off, listening to some of the sweetest psy ever.

Ahhhh... fun times

Thanks Lep & Mona :D

And THAT is why I now have a bottle opener on my keyring :)

Thank YOU Lep and Horsey.

That doof was absolutely the best I've ever been to. (ok so I haven't been to many, but it rated among some of my best nights out ever), and the music was fucking AWESOME.

Evil Joy!! Eeeviiiil Jooooooooy!!!!

Si Si Si Siaqua. Love ya boys :)

edit: oops... that was mona

Last edited:
Slinky - Melbourne

Spot light on my guy and me (first time in my life that I have been the centre of attention and not been embarrassed)...danced my arse off!

Originally posted by doofqueen
[B"ahhhh this is the life , i finally found where i belong, i am home" :)[/B]

I hear you loud and clear DoofQueen.....

Whilst at TT2003 this year on my first e, my mate + I are dancing away madly and he taps me on the shoulder, smiling widely and says "What the fuck have we been doing with our lives!!!", meaning we should have been out dancing to music all the time......then I realised that yes, this was the life for me.... :)

Also @ GK this year at the very beginning of BK's set....he drops Bad Ass, and the bass kicks in.....I am not on pills (yet) and i go fucking nuts...I mean mental....I think i knocked over a person and headbutted something.....I realised at that moment that I just fucking loved dancing hardcore like real bad!! :D

As others said, so many special moments tho.... :)

Not Pleasant, But A Story None-the-less

^^^

Your Avatar is scaring me.

I've had many a wonderful time at raves
but I'd say a defining moment
would be
in 1995 at 'Raveland'
my second time taking acid
seeing the guy next to me get shot.

It was real cliche'.
Like this guy walks up to this other guy
both wearing head-to-toe tracksuits
and says

"Give me the money for the drugs."
"I don't have it."

Bang!

Shot guy goes flying down.
My acid-addled brain turns away &
stares at the sausages cooking
on a grill next to me.

A girl I was with comes runnin' up to me
and says a guys just been shot
and I say "What with?"
and she says
"A Fucking Emu! Whatdoyathink?!"

As I try 'n' work out how you shoot
someone with an emu,
she pulls me away from the scene,
even takes me to piss
as the onslaught has thoroughly confused me.

The 'gunman' escapes
the police arrive
closing down the event
with lovely contempt in his voice
a senior officer announces
that 'we should
"go back to wherever it is we come from"'.

A female police officer actually
accosts the villain attempting to climb a fence
a few blocks down
and ends up shooting him in the base of the spine.

He ends up worse off than the guy he shot.

Our shaken-up crew find their
way to the QVB
and hide in the downstairs section
near the security guards' quarters
watching the ocsilating patterns on the tiles
for the next six or so hours.
The security guys were really nice.

Turns out that the guys house
I said I was staying at
(we snuck out)
his mum saw us on the news
outside the venue.
She never told my mother.

I eventually got around to it
'bout 5 years later...

UnShot

Definetly Kryal 2002!

Who ever was there on that day you all know it was the best night we could have possibly asked for. About 25 dgrees, nice warm consistant north breze all night. One of the best nights of my life, will never forget it. Even if you hated the rave scene and didn't take drugs this would have blown you away.

Gessh, didn't realise this thread was so old, probably about time I added to it.

Last edited:
My first rave by up all night

I was utterly mashed and lying on the ground staring at people as they walked past when I had an epiphany...

I fucking hate reflective tape.

Last rave I ever went to.

The end.

Hearing Vitalic's awesome "unnamed track" at TT04......*nice*

(hardie knows which one im talkign 'bout :))

Field day 2002; Smiles central. Fucking Sunny, fucking hot, fucking good music and fucking fun!!!

Bush Doof Spring/Summer 1999, Byron Bay Hinterland; Amazing. Beats were twisted ambient and trippy mellow psy and the mushies were fantastic. Talked for 12 hours about everything from the dawning of creation to the late 90's/early 00's were the new 60's. Left the doof and was in the surf at Byron Bay by 6:30am. Surfed all morning. Nice.

Good Vibrations Festival Jan 2004; The first good festival I have been too in a long time. The atmosphere, the music and the weather combined to produce one of the most awesome days out I have had for a while.

Other parties of note;
The various fuzzy day parties.
Vibes on a Summers day 2000.
The 2001(?... could have been 2002 brains abit sketchy) Moonlight Sounds.
All of the Splender in the Grasses ive been too.

Interesting the way almost all of the parties you guys have named are all night. Dont get me wrong, I love a night time doof, but almost all the parties I would name in my top 10 have been can day parties. I dont know why but I just get a huge kick out of being outside at a beach or in a huge park or just out in nature somewhere, with the sun streaming down, the music crusing along (smooth funky beats), the birds chirping and the crowd smiling.

:) :D