• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Davids Ritalin/Dexamphetamine Q&A thread

Dexamphetamine dose not satisfactory-20mgs

I have taken 80mgs Ritalin for years, it quit being effective, so Doc gives me up to 20mgs Dexamphetamine-120 5mg tabs, which is the max dose in NZ for Narcolepsy, not ADHD, satisfactory for functioning, an aquantaince is on 80mgs daily. I have trialed more, and find~30mgs 3x daily ok Obviously i will run out early.

How do i convey the severity of my condition, and the treatment level i have found helpfull to him without seeming 'drug seeking'?

BTW Ritalin gave/gives a better high-if thats what your into, and why idiots IV 8( it.

[EDIT: Threads merged... keep your dex questions here please davids. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have ADHD and I take between 7-10 5mg of dex per day. I started on 4. two in the morning two at lunch but after a while I realised I needed to take some later in the day so I just went to my doc (psychiatrist) and he was fine with it. The main reason I started like that was because some people can't take them after lunch as they can't sleep but they actually calm me down and allow me to sleep strangely enough. So now I take 4 as soon as I get up 2 at lunch and 2 around 4pm. usually anyway. I don't know anything about Narcolepsy but if you are completely open and discuss your situation with your doctor I don't see why he would think you are a drug seeker. I know people take dexies who don't have ADHD but personally I can't see the attraction as they don't make high, keep me awake etc.....

BTW what was Ritalin like? Did you experience any side effects? I would like some info on it if you could direct me to any worthwhile sites I would really appreciate it. Thx

"BTW what was Ritalin like? Did you experience any side effects? I would like some info on it "

Well i took/taken it for 3 years, up to script 80mgs IR. It comes on quicker, and is sharper in it's effects, i started to experience SEs after some time. It has more abuse potential AFAIK than Dex. I would get the Ritalin SR20mg tabs melt 2 +, in a spoon, then squirt the solution up the jacksy. which is similar to IM injection in effects, and not far behind IV banging (which a tweeker aquaintaince does with 10-20+ tabs).

The effects would come on in ~3-5 minutes and be an arse kick, you could be dead tired and in 5 minutes be alive and kicking-a great bomb, short acting but great.

I'm getting Dexies ATM and they are slower acting and less motivational.

Hope that answers some questions-any more holla back:)

I found taking Dex+Rit on the same day detracted from the Ritalins effects.

I am only on 4, 5mg tabs but will see about that-considering that Dex is used at half the Rit dose.

mmm well that ritalin sounds all too complicated for me!!! With dexies I never experience an "alive feeling" all that happens is suddenly the planets line up and i can figure out how to do things. For me it is as if my thoughts are a room of disorderly people all jumping around and then suddenly they get into line and I can deal with them one at a time...

davids said:
"BTW what was Ritalin like? Did you experience any side effects? I would like some info on it "

Well i took/taken it for 3 years, up to script 80mgs IR. It comes on quicker, and is sharper in it's effects, i started to experience SEs after some time. It has more abuse potential AFAIK than Dex. I would get the Ritalin SR20mg tabs melt 2 +, in a spoon, then squirt the solution up the jacksy. which is similar to IM injection in effects, and not far behind IV banging (which a tweeker aquaintaince does with 10-20+ tabs).

The effects would come on in ~3-5 minutes and be an arse kick, you could be dead tired and in 5 minutes be alive and kicking-a great bomb, short acting but great.

I'm getting Dexies ATM and they are slower acting and less motivational.

Hope that answers some questions-any more holla back:)

I found taking Dex+Rit on the same day detracted from the Ritalins effects.

I am only on 4, 5mg tabs but will see about that-considering that Dex is used at half the Rit dose.

Im not sure they can legally prescribe more then 20mgs a day of dexamphetamine in NZ