• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine during opiate wd?

Probably not a great idea, even if you had pure pharmaceutical coke.

But back in the olden days they used to advertise cocaine and one of its supposed uses was to cure morphine addiction.

I read Sigmund Frued tried both coke and morphine (separately I assume) to test them out, and thought blow could cure morphine addicts.....SOO of course he gives some cocaine to a friend who was hopelessly addicted to morphine, and they guy soon became one of the very first Morphine&Cocaine addicts, and apparently got really bad on the shit...
That guy is the first reported case of "meth bugs" I forget the proper term they called it, but I guess the opiate itch mixed with the stimulation of the coke would really do the trick in giving you one hell of an itchy evening...or life, probably, in that guy's case, LOL!

I do have a friend who was detoxing with his girlfriend from a very heavy poly opiate addiction (H/Oxy/Fent) and at one point it seemed to them a great idea to do blow.

They reported that it really helped as long as they were high and that the comedown was brutal and made everything ten time worse.

^^ Precisely.

I've been stupid enough to do it a few times, whilst stims during Opioid WD can be beneficial for a few reasons, the inevitable crash just magnifies the pain. Using Coke meant re-dosing every 30 minutes, which gets inordinately expensive and reduces functionality even further.
Amps are preferable due to the duration, but will take their toll in a similar fashion.

Probably not a great idea, even if you had pure pharmaceutical coke.

But back in the olden days they used to advertise cocaine and one of its supposed uses was to cure morphine addiction.

I read Sigmund Frued tried both coke and morphine (separately I assume) to test them out, and thought blow could cure morphine addicts.....SOO of course he gives some cocaine to a friend who was hopelessly addicted to morphine, and they guy soon became one of the very first Morphine&Cocaine addicts, and apparently got really bad on the shit...
That guy is the first reported case of "meth bugs" I forget the proper term they called it, but I guess the opiate itch mixed with the stimulation of the coke would really do the trick in giving you one hell of an itchy evening...or life, probably, in that guy's case, LOL!

I've been reading a biography on Freuds life and work and his friend had an accompanying nerve issue which was the reason he started on the morphine.

Freud believed because of it's anaesthetic qualities, if cocaine was injected directly into the nerve it would help with pain.

He also believed that subcutaneous injection wasn't addictive, until his own friend became evidence this was not the case.

Ahh, the golden age of medicine.

I have generally found it preferable to suffer through wds withOUT coke. That said, I once was in the depths of night 2 trying desperately to sleep when a buddy came into my home...up into my room with a flashlight and a bag of cocaine. I was at first super irritated, a million injections and bumps later, in retrospect found it to new the perfect distraction! I believe it may have been more the company and sex, haha.

Seriously though.... I would never buy cocaine during wds with the idea that it would help at all. For the most part I don't leave home during wds so gaining energy isn't necessary. If anything id want something to sleep!

uighhh....still remember the days of digging through the trash can of the halfway house where two different addicts threw their used rigs, with the hop that my "boy" for the halfway house was soon returning with some H. I was dopesick as hell. This fucking idiot bring home an 8 ball of cocaine.

We stayed up all night shooting coke while dopesick, and when you get that bell ringer shot, sure, you wont feel ANYTHING for about 3 seconds, then you'll just feel a speedy-type withdrawal. It was honestly one of the dumbest (with the needles), plus shooting coke while dopesick. I honestly get sick thinking about it and it was years ago.

I personally could not think of a more terrible substance to use while in acute w/d. Don't you suffer from insomnia while withdrawing? The cocaine is only going to make that worse.

I encourage people to avoid caffeine during withdrawal, and cocaine is like caffeine on crack (or something - you know what I mean).

Try it if you want, but I only see it making you feel terrible.