• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

I have read comments online, people thinking that CBD is synonymous with medical (and anything with decent amounts of THC must be solely recreational :rolleyes:).

So maybe he wasn't trying to screw you, just didn't understand what you meant?

If you have a high THC tolerance, try taking a day or two off and the mid-grade might seem considerably better.

Either way, that sucks. I started to dislike CBD, it was actually causing me a feeling of restlessness and dysphoria.

I have read comments online, people thinking that CBD is synonymous with medical (and anything with decent amounts of THC must be solely recreational :rolleyes:).

So maybe he wasn't trying to screw you, just didn't understand what you meant?

If you have a high THC tolerance, try taking a day or two off and the mid-grade might seem considerably better.

Either way, that sucks. I started to dislike CBD, it was actually causing me a feeling of restlessness and dysphoria.

I don't mind CBD, though, it definitely has it's uses. I just don't think it's worth all that much, especially compared to top-shelf flower. The sublingual tinctures/drops are really effective anxiolytics, but that might be more of a placebo effect than anything... you know, giving you the taste and somewhat eliminating any cravings for weed. I've found that they can be physically relaxing too, but that might just be a side effect of it's anti-anxiety properties.

With this dude, he knows damn well what "medical" implies around here-- hell, he's the one that got me started on the term for primo weed. Granted, though, you're right and I made that connection earlier myself, but to think that it was intentional for the price that was paid is a direct insult on several levels. I don't run a cartel here, lol, just a personal user. These types of things I normally take as a loss and do everything in my power to prevent it from happening again, while letting my source know every step I take. We're still friends, I'm just not to be considered a customer anymore. He even offered some type of exchange but by that point I had already busted the bag and started smoking, and I really don't feel like that's how the game should be played anyways.

If you offer a certain product to a friend and longtime, trusted customer, you should be upfront about it the whole way through. I knew exactly what I was getting with the reggie from his word alone and the price was too good to pass up, but as far as medical/loud/gas/good weed goes, I've typically used to the more popular strains (nationwide) like Girl Scout Cookie, Cherry Pie, Sour Diesel and Trainwreck, Blue Dream a while back, and a lot of kush variants. Often they come sealed in the retail packaging from other states, labels and all.

Best case scenario is my guy literally just didn't double-check what he middleman'd for me before he came to drop shit off-- and even then, that's kind of a no-no with the prices and history involved. It's not the shittiest thing in the world but it's just not done. Worst case scenario is everything was intentional and he hoped I wouldn't notice or didn't care one way or the other. I was leaning away from the worst case, though, because I had talked to him, gotten a plausible reasoning, and then I offered to bring some of both batches this weekend so we could kick it, burn and see if I was trippin' or not. Everything honestly seemed on the up-and-up, until last night when I found out he went to Vegas on Wednesday.

It's all good, though. I'm not broke by any means, it just set back my budgeting and savings plans. I'll get it sorted by the time the weekends out, no doubt. Like I said, I still consider him a friend but he was already one of the fallbacks when my main buddy's business ground to a halt. There were plenty of people in the area waiting like vultures to corner the local market, and they're all trying pretty hard. I just like to stick with one person for as long as I can.... idk, I'm a paranoid guy, for real.

**EDITADDITION

Oh, and you're right about the tolerance. Right before making this latest wall of text, I had just come in from takin' an early morning walk around the lake with what had to've been a 1.5g-2g cone of just what I've been calling the CBD bud. I'm high, not gonna lie. HOWEVER, I also ate .5mg alprazolam right before I stepped out, so....

:unsure:

Last edited:
I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've had weed that was so low in THC or bad tasting or something that I was actually really disappointed.

Every now and then, I get some spectacular shit and the next batch just can't compare, but that's just relativity.

Not bad considering that with any other drug, there's cut, adulterated, straight up fake shit to worry about.

Hope you find some decent stuff. I'm on a weed break for the weekend because tolerance and overspending on other goods and services :LOL:

I hear you, man. It's all part of the game, especially how I like to be quick, in and out in the dark. Hop in a car off a sideroad-type shit. Not much talk in the car other than "turn here, left there, stop there, alright yo" and I'm out with my jars. Everything gets set up in advance, so there's a certain expectation on both sides.

I've been burned by wires before. Never again.

I'ma change my MO, though. I'ma have to start travelin' for trees, no more coming to me. :cry: Police are just fucked out here. They're not dirty as a whole, they're just fucking vigilant, they're everywhere and they love informers.

Yeah, I travel to get weed because the stuff out in the country (a selection of outdoor strains) beats the city hydro most of the time.

Dealers here are such a pack of fuckabouts, it's quicker to spend an afternoon driving out to the mountains than it is making arrangements with people here.

I've never had to deal with the law fortunately. It's still always on my mind when purchasing though. It's bullshit that anyone has to worry about that.

Eh, we kind of need 'em around here. Not necessarily for the drugs, mind you, but that's just part of the job. There's been a lot of gentrification in DC over the years, and subsequently the low-income criminal element has been pushed out and away from the city. I can't tell if my county's any worse off than the other DC suburbs, but there's a lot of murder, home invasions, burglaries, and assaults/robbery.

Hell, I was just reading the other day about this one conviction. Dude and three others broke into an ex-roomate's house, ended up shooting and killing the guy. In the days after, he decided it was a good idea to throw off the investigation by committing another random shooting, so he and a buddy drove up to a couple teens walking home from the bus and announced a robbery-- one kid bolted, the other got shot and left bleeding on the street.

Dude just was convicted a little while ago, but this kind of shit is typical. https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4691...conspiracy-to-commit-murder-in-separate-case/

And then a little while ago, dude from Baltimore came down for whatever reason. He was hanging out at the mall, convinced someone he had weed to sell but he had to go to his car by the movie theater. Dude went to his car, the kids looking to buy went behind the movie theater. When Baltimore came up to them, he pulled out a gun instead of drugs and shot his customer in the face. Ran his pockets, made $20 and a long prison sentence.

This shit isn't every day, mind you, but it's typical. The Great White Suburbs ain't so great these days, but life is what you make it, man. It's easy to avoid the trash, it just sucks that we have to constantly make a conscious effort to do so around here.

Things are lookin' up, though, I should have some Ecto-Cooler or Cinderella 99 in my hands by the time Sunday rolls around. Hopefully tonight, but things are always subject to change.

Last edited:
Jibult, that sucks. In the run up to legalization, a guy in Quebec was fined $100 for 600 plants.

I used to be worried about the police when I was buying online - but as soon as medical legalization hit in Canada a million years ago, online delivery became the only way to legally access it. Black market vendors started popping up, shipping all of their stuff with Health Canada stamps.

got ripped off once by a guy called “Nicky’. Was introduced to him by a friend.Gave him the money and waited....

Several weeks later I was waiting in a huge line at an indoor student’s bank to get my student loan money processed. Saw this guy stroll by outside and really wanted to leave the line and ask him ‘where’s my weed?’. Didn’t, although I passed on comments to the friend who had introduced us.

hopefully Your guy will make things right.

Tom

Lol! He can't make it right, he absconded to Vegas. I'm honestly curious if he was already there when we spoke and set up a time to link up, smoke and figure this shit out, but my curiosity is losing out to my paranoia and I figure this was a set-up from the jump. After all, if you're going to Vegas, you're gonna want some money to gamble with, right?

I linked up with a new plug, got an order in, just waiting on local delivery. Shouldn't be too long, but it won't be super quick either. I talked to the boy a few hours after he sold out of product, so now it's a wait-for-the-reup kind of deal. We smoked a Backwood, though, and it was really nice to remember what it feels like to get high after smoking again.

The police are just weird. They're not crazy, not aggressive, they're just.... police. They've always been respectful to me, but they'll stack charges faster than you can comprehend the words that are coming out of their mouth, and I know full-well the risks involved in what I do. It just doesn't make sense for me to buy 8ths or quarters when, by the ounce, everything is so much cheaper.

Hope your luck turns around, Jib. That's serious bullshit to deal with, man.

LEGALIZE IT!!!

I've taken a week off for a tolerance break. I'm gonna see how much longer I can keep this going but I've gotten through all the initial withdrawals by now. Feeling ok.

Thanks, man. It's a crisis I'll survive, that's for sure. I never really realized how much I depend on potent weed until I stumbled into this situation. Might be time to finally man up and let a doctor take a look, maybe end up with a medical recommendation.

I just hate doctor visits, man. Fuckin' gatekeepers to the medicine cabinet, that's all they are. I really wish pop-up pill mills/pain clinics were still a thing around here. Back in the early '00's I remember one spot that was giving, literally GIVING, 30-day alprazolam samples with their Oxycontin scripts. That'd be dope to have around again... And then I get so envious when I think about the days before marijuana prohibition, when a person could go to a pharmacy and browse a shelves stocked with things like heroin, opium, and cocaine and make an OTC purchase. I really wish this country would let it's citizenry police their own bodies again. Couple that with drug education to truthfully inform the people on the the risks they take and how to safely moderate yourself, and I think we'd be off to a good start.

idk man, I guess I'm rambling. I just want a weed store, for real. :\

Heyheyhey fuckers, final update. New pack came through, Wedding Cake. I was really hoping on the Ecto-Cooler coming through but that would've been a longer wait, and I've been frantic/anxious to make this right for too long to wait any longer.

I hope I never go through this again, but for the moment I'm ecstatic. :p

damn dude what a saga, I don't miss having to coordinate with dealers. I really like the convenience of just being able to go to a shop with regular hours, have a selection of nugs, not have to go through any nonsense.

you should move to Canada, it doesn't get any colder than MD and we won't make you BYOB :)

damn dude what a saga, I don't miss having to coordinate with dealers. I really like the convenience of just being able to go to a shop with regular hours, have a selection of nugs, not have to go through any nonsense.

you should move to Canada, it doesn't get any colder than MD and we won't make you BYOB :)

It's one for the memoirs, brother. It's in the past now, though, cuz I'm absolutely loving this Wedding Cake. I had to cut off the vape after the first two minutes, the head rush was so crazy. I guess my tolerance rock-bottomed in the past week.

I'd like to move. I'd also like to move up in the company and actually drive that trucks that I've been loading for the past 8 years. Go from 30K/year at best to 70K-100+K/year (massive overtime for delivery drivers and a huge pay differential compared to us inside employees), and then qualify to transfer anywhere in the country. Added benefit, they only piss test when a driver's involved in an accident involving a fatality. Not many people are aware but the pre-employment urinalysis is a check for diabetes, at least for inside employees that go to drive.

that's a pretty big pay bump. isn't MD a high tax state tho? i'd go somewhere like ND, live in the middle of nowhere, get lit with indians, howl with coyotes, bury caches of old silver dollars

that's a pretty big pay bump. isn't MD a high tax state tho?

Taxes are a stone-cold bitch over here, man. I've never lived elsewhere, though, so I can't really say whether we're worse for wear than the rest of the country. I do know that my tiny state has some really wealthy areas with school systems that are consistently ranked some of the best in the nation, though. Funniest part about that is, south of DC, our ghettoest, most crime-ridden county is also the state's wealthiest. It's a running joke about Prince George's County being the richest ghetto in the nation, lol.

As far as the pay discrepancy, most of the inside employees are part-time, whereas ~85% of drivers are full-time or on call to doubleshift. They also top out around $36/hr (some classifications make much more, but require a CDL), and start somewhere around $20/hr. Pay progression takes 4 or 5 years (so you're at your local's top rate fairly quickly) and anything over 8 hours in a day is overtime paid at time-and-a-half. Most drivers work 10-12 hour days, and it's common for them to reach their 60 hour DoT limit before Friday rolls around. I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US you can see our trucks running pretty much any time of day and for a good portion of the night. There are also certain conditions that entitle drivers to triple-time OT, but I'm not 100% on what those are. Then they rake in grievance money, thanks to our union's master agreement with the company. Part-timers can get in on that too, but the turnover rate is so high for us that half of them don't even know they're in a union despite the dues being taken out of their checks once a month.

Part-timers start out at $14/hr with our latest contract (I started at $8/hr years ago), with no top-rate but guaranteed raises every year. One of my inside coworkers makes something like $34/hr just to unload trailers, but he's been there for decades. The biggest catch is we get less hours inside, and our raises come roughly a dollar at a time with no limit whereas the drivers get about a $4 raise per year until they top out. That changes from Nov-Jan, though, where us inside employees typically work 10-13hr slave-shifts and are lucky to get an official break.

EDIT: jesus fucking christ, I just did the math for a toprate driver working 12 hour shifts. Mother fuckers are pulling in $1980 a week with that shit. :oops:

Last edited:
Jibult come to Canada. No health care premiums (you have an option to contribute through your work and there is a work mandated component). But otherwise it’s all socialized medicine baby. I’m consuming upwards of $50,000 per year and don’t pay anything out of pocket. Mind you, taxes on everything user consumed are pretty high (GST aka gouge and screw tax) on almost everything. Cost of smokes and booze are through the roof. Gas costs a shit ton of $. Go for either BC (higher housing costs though) or Nova Scotia/PEI/Newfoundland/New Brunswick.

Jump the border and claim refugee status after the November election. Lot of people did that in 2016-2018. Our Netflix selection sucks, no Hulu yet. And legal mail order weed as well as being able to fly w/it in country.

Don’t settle in Manitoba. Too cold. Alberta needs workers. Chinese grad students in the lab where I worked for PR (permanent residence) inside of 2 years.

We do love our coffee here. More Tim Hortons per capita than Dunklin Donuts. But no Sheetz or Wawa (sp?)

Tom

It's a pretty thought, that's for sure... I'm even of French-Canadian descent, with the surname to match. Who knows, I'll keep myself open to the future. Literally the only bad things I can think of regarding Canada are all because of South Park episodes, but then... but then there was that one episode where you guys built a wall to hide all your really cool shit....

I'm serious, though, I'll keep a more open mind and an eye out for opportunities up there. I need to get out of my hometown, ya know? I don't wanna be that guy.

Maaaan, my dealer always sleeps till 2-5pm-ish, he's an alcoholic. I've been so fucking bored today. I wake up promptly by 6:30am every day because I got used to 4am wake ups for my last real job and now I fail to see the point in being awake when stores are closed and asleep when they're open. So I'm usually approaching bedtime by the time he hits me back every time... I need to start buying zones and only deal with this BS once monthly.

Go for either BC (higher housing costs though) or Nova Scotia/PEI/Newfoundland/New Brunswick.

I really miss life on the East Coast. It's kind of a nothing place but that has its charm, too. Sure as hell is more relaxed than ON and being near the ocean is heaven

Considering what’s happening w/my neighbour, a move is not out of the question. Housing is affordable out east so almO’d have to do (hah) is sell my house - but prior to that making sure there is a good dialysis centre where I move. I’ve got all of the disabled benefits and services synced here in Manitoba. so I just have to do my homework. But I’ve got a thing for scallops, crab, shrimp, lobster. Salmon, etc.

Gonna go house hunting online and see what I can come up with. Honestly though I would miss the limited family here I still contact and my good cousin lives Sydney BC so opposite ends of the country. Got equity in my house - so as long as I can sell it and move into another house where the difference isn’t too much it’s sooooo tempting.

Tom

edit #1: Yarmouth, Nova Scotia has a dialysis center, affordable houses. Kinda far to a weed store (gee how messed up priorities) but legal to grow.

Last edited: