• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine + Nutella = Oral buprenorphine unlocked? (a different way to take bupe???)

I must be living in a cave, designed to be taken orally? I hope you didn't mean like to swallow, but then again you did?
I don't mean to disrespect but they are designed oral like dissolve sublingual or buccal, cause swallowing would ruin your diggestive track not to mention liver failure.
Never heard or saw online and I was a med-teh so I know what's in pharmacies and which meds get approved in EU but again that's public data.

I saw or heard that with nutella arround or any gelly-sticky type and from some opinions can remember one that come to mind like: cause of slower passing metabolism, like the evidence is only nutella will cause constipation without bupe and it would shield bupe's water solubility pill, like coater in some other pills, then more of the bupe would pass first pass metablism hence the better absorbtion, if that makes sense?
Just throwing this out there....as someone who loves animals and has cared for many sick and dying adopted cats when no one else would take them, I've spent a small fortune in veterinary bills and whenever one of my cats has had severe pain be it arthritic, digestive, kidneys, or cancer my animals get prescribed ORAL buprenophrine 100% of the time and it's quite obvious when they get their bupe as the get to a "nodding" sort of drugged state....very similar when one of my cats needed a fentanyl patch after intestinal surgery.
Now I'm talking about felines here so humans may be different but I can say 1000% certainly that bupe is prescribed orally for animals every single day.

Just throwing this out there....as someone who loves animals and has cared for many sick and dying adopted cats when no one else would take them, I've spent a small fortune in veterinary bills and whenever one of my cats has had severe pain be it arthritic, digestive, kidneys, or cancer my animals get prescribed ORAL buprenophrine 100% of the time and it's quite obvious when they get their bupe as the get to a "nodding" sort of drugged state....very similar when one of my cats needed a fentanyl patch after intestinal surgery.
Now I'm talking about felines here so humans may be different but I can say 1000% certainly that bupe is prescribed orally for animals every single day.
How did your animals take it tho?

Was it shot into their mouth with an oral syringe or did they eat it? In either scenario, bupe is potent enough that it would probably still get into their oral mucus membranes & tissues. But either way, bupe is so potent that even with it's poor oral bioavailability, you will still absorb some & it only takes micrograms to have an analgesic effect on some one with no opioid tolerance.

This is why oral bupe is not really effective for some one who requires milligrams of the stuff.

I can't see any reason to take bupe & nutella for increased bioavailability when you could simply take it any other ROA and instantly have better BA.
Unless oral buprenorphine some how has effects that are more recreational or enjoyable than any other route, which I'm skeptical of.

How did your animals take it tho?

Was it shot into their mouth with an oral syringe or did they eat it? In either scenario, bupe is potent enough that it would probably still get into their oral mucus membranes & tissues. But either way, bupe is so potent that even with it's poor oral bioavailability, you will still absorb some & it only takes micrograms to have an analgesic effect on some one with no opioid tolerance.

This is why oral bupe is not really effective for some one who requires milligrams of the stuff.

I can't see any reason to take bupe & nutella for increased bioavailability when you could simply take it any other ROA and instantly have better BA.
Unless oral buprenorphine some how has effects that are more recreational or enjoyable than any other route, which I'm skeptical of.
It was with a 1ml oral syringe certainly some would absorb sublingually but if you've ever given cats medicine orally...they cant really hold any liquids even water in their mouths they either swallow whst their trying to consume or spit it out immediately.
I've given hundreds of doses of oral.meds to many cats and you pretty much have to shoot the medicine into the back of their mouths so they immediately gulp it down by holding them like a baby (cradling them while they are laying down in your arms).
It's always an instant gulp that you can hear .
I'm extremely confident that 99% or more of the bupe gets immediately swallowed into their stomachs.
However cats may be able to absorb it orally and humans may not...I really don't know. I don't do opiates whatsoever.
I'm actually a chronic pain sufferer but my pain is extreme arthritic inflammation in my wrists hands,feet, ankles and neck.
For me oxy's do nothing....because they don't help with inflammation.
I'd actually rather take advil or opiates which seems crazy to everyone but it's true for my condition.
Felines and people have different enzymes so I'm not sure of bupe is orally active in cats and this is not true for people.

"
The amount of Nutella® given to the animals may vary. The amount should be chosen so that it is large enough to hold the analgesic, and appear attractive to the subjects, but small enough not to cause unintended significant diet changes in the animals. The Nutella is composed of sugar, vegetable oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk powder, soy lecithin and vanillin. The caloric content is 22.27 kJ/g; protein content is 6.9%, carbohydrate content 56.6% (mostly sugar), fat content 31%, and dietary fibre content 3.4%. We have found approximately 2 g Nutella®/kg body weight (BW) for rats and approximately 5 mg Nutella®/kg BW for mice appropriate.

When preparing the buprenorphine–Nutella® mixture, preparing a batch that can be used for several animals is recommended, since mixing small amounts of the mixture may be difficult. The possible degradation of buprenorphine in the nut paste has not been investigated, but in our experience, the batch can be kept in a refrigerator at 4°C for up to a week. Buprenorphine in tablet form should be used (sublingual tablets 0.2 or 0.4 mg). A tablet is crushed to a fine powder, and thoroughly mixed in the nut paste to a suitable concentration of buprenorphine–Nutella® mix, depending on the dose of buprenorphine to be administered. The somewhat bitter taste of buprenorphine did not affect the willingness to ingest the mixture of neither rats nor mice, when offered in concentrations of 0.2–0.4 mg/g.46,8,9,11

The dose of buprenorphine administered may vary depending on the overall analgesic strategy. The dose we have validated in rats is 0.4 mg/kg BW, administered once (1 h preoperatively). This dose is sufficient for treatment of moderate pain conditions46,12. The mix should be provided according to the following equation:

10.1258_la.2012.012028-eq1.gif
where A is the amount of mix to be provided in grams, calculated from the analgesic dose in mg/kg BW (B), the weight of the animal in kg (C), and the concentration of the buprenorphine–nut paste mix in mg/g (D).

For example, in treating a 250 g rat with 0.4 mg/kg BW buprenorphine (in 0.2 mg/g nut paste), the rat should be provided with 0.4 × 0.25/0.2 = 0.5 g of the buprenorphine–Nutella® mixture.

A recent study of mice indicates that approximately 1.0 mg/kg BW buprenorphine is suitable8. Thus, treating a 25 g mouse with 1.0 mg/kg BW calls for 1.0 × 0.025/0.2 = 125 mg of the buprenorphine–nut paste mixture.

Healthy animals readily ingest the mixture immediately or within minutes, once habituated, and administering the analgesia preoperatively is convenient. Postoperatively, we have found t
hat mice ingest the mix after catheterization8 and middle cerebral occlusion (preliminary data), and rats after catheterization46,13,14 and induction of global cerebral ischaemia7. These conditions are considered to produce mild to moderate pain. How readily the animals will ingest the mixture after more invasive surgical procedures remains to be investigated. Furthermore, the duration and depth of anaesthesia, the skills of the surgeon, and the overall perioperative care of the animals are factors that affect postoperative recovery15, and thus the willingness of the animals to ingest the mixture after regaining consciousness.

Treatment with buprenorphine, similar to other opioid analgesia, is often associated with adverse effects, such as reduced appetite, changes in activity, and pica behaviour16. However, reduced appetite and changed activity are often due to overdosing the animals16, and adjustment of doses for different animals and experimental situations may be necessary. Pica behavior has not been observed in any of our experiments.

patients taking buprenorphine have reported a bitter taste of the medication, so strong that it can even cause them to discontinue their treatment, giving us more understanding as to why even mice and rats turn their nose away from buprenorphine. However, in 2008, a collaborative scientific team in Sweden and Denmark used Nutella® to deliver buprenorphine to rats, and compare this route of administration with standard buprenorphine injections (PMID: 18596376). Over the course of the next 4 years, they published many other studies showing that oral delivery of buprenorphine via Nutella® is an effective analgesic strategy:

So basically taking bupe with nutella can help it work orally but there's no other major difference in effects?

So basically none of BL animals fucking tried this!?

I’ll get a bit of bupe just to try this.

As far as I know and as far as people who tried it (without nutella) told me, bupe has NO (at least psychoactive) effects taken orally.

I’m willing to bet it’s the soy lecithin in the Nutella working the magic. We find this with other drugs too.

-GC