• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Blood clot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
I know this is a stupid question but if i have a blood clot would taking double or triple medication stop the clot from spreading if i take meth or any drug

Last edited:
If you have a blood clot you need to go to the ER asap, doubling or trippling your medication can lead to excessive bleeding and can kill you!

What were you told and who told you?
If you have a blood clot (I'm assuming it's thrombosis, most likely deep vein thrombosis?) taking meth might increase the risk of your vein getting blocked by the clot (in this case as it's stationary it's called thrombosis) or the clot to break free (embolism) and causeing pulmonary embolism etc.
The medication you're using doesn't stop the clot from spreading but it stops the clot from getting bigger. But one of the side effects is bleeding, so if you double/triple your medication without discussing it with your doctor you're risking excessive bleeding.
Are you suicidal? If you you might want to check out The dark side

I got a blood clot and was taken to hospital now I'm on rivoxeban so thats why im asking if i could take 2 20mg because i was already taking them in hospital. A nurse told me and she doubled for 6 months. Yes i am suicidal they cant help me. You said The medication you're using doesn't stop the clot from spreading but it stops the clot from getting bigger...so does that mean its relatively safe to take drugs ?
Also, i take l arginine which i read is good for the heart again another stupid question, i know it probably wont save me

Last edited:
Using meth which would essentially constrict blood vessels and increase blood pressure sounds like a recipe for disaster with a clot. Xarelto can only help so much & is really not sufficient to make Meth use "safe" at any dosage.

Also more is not always better. Regardless of what some nurse told you. If more was better, Janssen Pharma would recommend it to increase profits. More also equals increased side + adverse effects.

DVT:
Treatment
15 mg

For the first 21 days, twice daily with food, at the same time each day in patients with a CrCl ≥30 mL/min

20 mg

Starting at day 22, once daily with food, at the same time each day for remaining treatment in patients with a CrCl ≥30 mL/min
https://www.xareltohcp.com/dvt-pe/dosing

I forgot to mention i used meth about 5 times the past few days and nothing happened

Rivaroxaban is the med not xarelto. And using morecwas juspt a safety case.

Do as your doctors have told you to do. They are not fucking around and neither should you be. If you truly want to die, there are less painful methods than slowly killing yourself through cardiovascular failure. But, I don't think you want to die. We absolutely have no comment regarding anyone's prescribed medications as it pertains to this thread. Any discussion of adjusting OP's heart medication is going to be deleted.

but you said alll the med does is stops the clot from getting bigger it doesnt spread so if it doesnt get bigger i should be ok right? or not a good idea?

I forgot to mention i used meth about 5 times the past few days and nothing happened

Hey bubby I am worried about you mate. I loves you. Please dont feel sad and suicidal.

Are you being monitored re your mental health as you are off seroquel, are you on any other meds?

Blood clots can be physically removed if need be, are they investigating this?

Blood clots are only a problem really if they become embolisms in your lung or heart.

The clot will be breaking down now and dissolving.

Mate be careful.

Meth not a good idea for a while ok.

I wont have any alongside you.

Xxxxxx

I love you man.

Clots do happen, they happen to a lot of people, people also die sometimes (RIP lakia).

Your clot is known about, you will live. Dont be afraid. What drugs you have done already are done and just need a rest mate.

Please look after yourself.

You have mates here, me, inveggy, ali, bits, all the people love you mate.

:(

Thanks for the encouraging words mate.
It's even better that you said The clot will be breaking down now and dissolving...so now I'm gonna have a puff soon. Woo hoo!

Just please don't think that doubling your dose of rivaroxabane is somehow going to protect you from the danger of using meth in your condition.

. Any discussion of adjusting OP's heart medication is going to be deleted.

The OP is the only one suggesting adjusting his dosage x 2.

Understood Jekyl. I was merely making this statement preemptively. I didn't want folks to start making the suggestions in the first place. It's just such a dangerous issue that I thought it warranted immediate and firm attention. I would be devastated if someone were to be hurt or injured after coming to us for help. A lot of the things I do that people perceive as authoritarian, I actually have to defy my true nature to actually do them, but I do it because I have an honest belief that what I'm doing is going to be beneficial to the community.

Sure, just because someone's "heart is in the right place" doesn't mean everything that they do is valid, but I certainly don't want people to think that I get some kind of kick out of closing threads or otherwise policing the community. It just ain't like that.

Understood Jekyl. I was merely making this statement preemptively. I didn't want folks to start making the suggestions in the first place. It's just such a dangerous issue that I thought it warranted immediate and firm attention. I would be devastated if someone were to be hurt or injured after coming to us for help.
Good call. I study something similar to pharmacy so I know a bit about the med the OP is using and the coagulation cascade in general and those are meds you simply don't fuck with. I'd never dare to help the OP adjust his dosage as we're talking about a real small therapeutic index.

To the OP:
Just because the meds should stop the clot from getting bigger doesn't mean you're safe, it can still block the vessel it's located in our might break off (especially if your blood pressure is high, for example due to stimulant use/abuse) and cause an embolism.
If you're suicidal please check out The Dark Side, talk to someone close to you and/or see a psychologist/psychiatrist.

I love you man.

Clots do happen, they happen to a lot of people, people also die sometimes (RIP lakia).

Your clot is known about, you will live. Dont be afraid. What drugs you have done already are done and just need a rest mate.

Please look after yourself.

You have mates here, me, inveggy, ali, bits, all the people love you mate.

:(

You forgot one friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.