• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Meetup (VIC): Cycle Ride

MoeBro said:
Half of the people on this bikeride never head out to anything remotely resembling a bluelighter meetup, either because they're over it and have no motivation to see randoms (or similar), or because they have dead weights that don't allow them to head anywhere without having to leave 2 seconds into whatever event it is.

if you're referring to half the people apart of this bike ride so far that's 1.5 people. Now I can't speak for the other 0.5 of a person but I've never gone to a BL meetup since I haven't been around here long and that last one in June, well I had exams either side of it :D yeah tho i've heard about that 0.5 person...he cbf doing anything....

Duckboy said:
Moe - i'm hoping this becomes a regular(ish) thing. Train up son!! You can drink coffee and ride at the same time, surely? :)

Oh, I can do multiple things on a bike, least of which is drink coffee, I just don't have a suitable bike for riding at this moment in time.
I shall see what I can do about getting my bikes back into a decent state of repair.

what happens when a Commodore decides that he wants the road just a little bit more than you do... actually he passed me while i was going downhill at 60-70km/h, and then jammed on his brakes to turn left. sensible. fuckwit.

Casualities : busted STI lever, bent rear deraileur, busted pedal, chain looks a bit odd, mutliple sratches on brand new frame :(
Helmet is now in several pieces.
Jersey and knicks semi-shredded and covered in blood
Bruised and battered Duckboy.

roadrashxl8.jpg

Last edited:
8o Not good... That smarts ! I know the pain, got collected once by a car doing 80 plus.. Glad its not worse mate :)

holy hell DB :( You have to stay alive at least till the next time i come to melbourne...

;)

Seriously though, i'm very glad you're ok(ish). I got horrid shakes throughout my body when i looked at your gravel rash *shudder*. May your wounds heal well and your bike be ridable again soon.

Did the fucker pull over, or was it a hit/run?

how much damage did the frame take?

your hip looks painful :\
godspeed healing.

ouch!! that brings back memories. Sorry to hear about the accident DB, hope its a speedy recovery.
the pitfalls of being a cyclist sharing the roads with inconsiderate and dangerous dickhead drivers, gets you so riled up! :X And not only the resulting pain from an accident but the damage to your beloved steed and cycling gear argh!

So does this put you off the BL bike meet up round 2 you were campaigning for to be on this Saturday morning? :D
Also, will confirm my own attendance real soon...

Glad you're ok duckboy, but I have to say that pic looks heaps cool with the tiny bit of toes poking out in the endless reflection in the mirror :D

Thanks for the kind word guys.

Yep, i'll *hopefully* be on the road for saturday, i'm pretty stiff and sore this morning but i'm hoping i'll be able to turn the legs over by the weekend.
Bike at at the shop getting checked over, the frame looks to be okay as i was under it :\ , just a few scratches and scrapes, a bit of leather off the saddle etc etc.

the guy pulled over, guy in his mid 20's, who came flying past me, pulled in front of me and jammed on the brakes to make a left hand turn. when he moved in front of me, he was no more than 2 meteres from me, so when he braked i had no hope - road bikes don't have ABS and have about 3 square centimetres of rubber onthe road.

fortunately the guy behind him, who nearly hit me, pulled over aswell, gave the commodore driver an absolute serve, and proceeded to tell the guy that he was a lawyer and took his details... the guy was nearly in tears. i think i would have yelled at him too but i was so badly winded and seeing stars (my helmet is in 3 parts!). he also very kindly drove me home, way out of his way.

anyways, thanks again, i'm off to attack the nurofen and the panadeine forte :)

Good to hear you're doing ok bud.
good to hear theres still some goodwill on the roads too. that lawyer man must be a closet cyclist.

^ yeah he actually races on weekends. very handy guy to have on the scene :)

Fuck Adam, dude. I didn't see this post yesterday, sent you an SMS :)

As for Saturday, don't push yourself if you really don't feel comfortable riding. Recover first ride later.

But like I said, if you need to draft off me I'm happy to do some hardwork so you can at least do a bit of a recovery ride.. otherwise we can find some oldies to draft off :)

hell yeah.. i'll be in for this.. let me know when / if something is fixed :)