Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus Social could be the next Lounge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that's what I was trying to say, instead people are joining threads that have no interest to them and starting some big "OH THIS THREAD SUCKS" campaign....

:|

*shrugs*

<3

Originally posted by Pleonastic
The way it is now, I don't have a clue who really knows each other in real life. Being inside the clique is not essential for participation. So I don't think another crackdown is needed.

^Agreed - - - however I don't really think the issue is clique-i-ness in here at present..
It's more just totally useless threads that encourage a one line response; aka: "The 'I Hate' Thread ". Some people find them amusing, obviously. :\

[I do know it's very easy to complain about thread quality, and want to see more thought provoking topics discussed, and not actually think of any yourself, btw..
I've never really been one for starting threads. :|]

Originally posted by kryalkastleE
:p to the becoming the lounge

Would that be because last time you were in The Lounge I flamed your sorry arse for being catergorically unfunny?

To all my lounge peeps, werd to yo mamma! ;):D=D You know who you are.

Even Killa and Nickyj, who only occassionally grace The Lounge :)

COTB: its hard to take anything you post seriously with all that infernal pinkness. But lemme just say, comming up with a "funny" response to a thread in the lounge is more challenging than being serious.

I mean fuck, you cant even be social in here without being told to take it to PMs :p

Aus social is teh ghey!

I may be mildly intoxicated but I am going to blame all these problems on MazDan's "The Threadfather". Every Aussie BLer is engaging in an intense battle for this prestigous title and in the process starting a lot of shit threads.

Note- I don't agree with my own opinion but it may still be valid

I find the lounge a little annoying because of all the pointless threads, but it's these pointless threads that often put a smile on my dial. I view Aus Social for a light hearted mix of interesting/thought provoking topics and entertaining/pointless banter with the background of an Australian context or by Australian posters.

I really don't see why people get worked up on this shit. I mean is server space at such a premium that it can't handle some stupid although mildly amusing threads?

When you guys meet socially, do you prevent a person talking if they just say dumb shit? I just ignore them. No one forces you to read the threads, no one forces you to click on them. If someone wants to post shit, I say let them. Freedom of speech, yadda yadda yadda.

i never used to like all the cliquey stuff here myself, until i got my own clique and now i'm cool and laugh at things like 'shmoopy' and 'muddlecoddlefizzleswizzle' n stuff.

dumb threads are funny. they keep me sane.
the lounge is crap though, except for everything i write in there.

glad to see that nothing ever changes despite the prolonged absence from the forum %)

You know a thread is pointless and redundant when all the 'old-skool' mods and bluelighters jump in and say 'ohhh I remember this happening back in the day when trance was still cool.*

*up all night has possibly para-phrased things that have been said in the past.

up all night said:
You know a thread is pointless and redundant when all the 'old-skool' mods and bluelighters jump in and say 'ohhh I remember this happening back in the day when trance was still cool.*

*up all night has possibly para-phrased things that have been said in the past.

trance was cool?

haste said:
LMFAO - is it that time of the year again? :D =D :D

hahaha i was thinking the same thing. This complaint always comes around every so often *shrugs*

I don't want this place turning into the lounge either. I like that i come here and there are thought provoking threads that people with a large variety of opinions who live in the same country and "culture" as me post and converse with each other. I even like that there are some silly random ones in between (not all but some) It's good measure , the serious with the fun etc

I'm guilty of being a post whore occasionaly (we ALL are) You just have to know when enough is enough and sometimes there is too muh crap here. Theres alot of threads that i don't even open such as any tv thread (because i'm not a tv person) , sports threads (because i'm not a sporty person) , pc threads (because i'm not a pc perso). I like the SOCIAL aspect of aussie SOCIAL though and this may mean different things to different people.

Can't we all just get along? ;)

A loooong reply..

Y'know...I remember this happening back in the day when trance was still cool.

Seriously, this thing does come up every now and then...if I could be arsed searching for it, there's a thread I started ages ago about pretty much the same thing when I was deeply concerned that we didn't have the right balance between serious and novelty (for want of a better term) threads in here.

If this sheds some light on things...I don't close things just because they're light-hearted. I close them because they don't leave any room for discussion or contribution. Talking about the things you love or ranting about the things you hate...these are topics that we can all relate to, and personally I'm kind of interested to see what other bluelighters feel about the whole thing. By the same virtue, the pics thread doesn't really have any intelligence behind it but it is fun looking at photos of people, and it invites comments. On the other hand, posting that you've made x amount of posts or that Raz is on a closing spree--to pull a couple examples out of my arse... ;):p ..I don't really see how anyone gets to contribute to that in a sense that other people would give a fuck about.

Also, don't assume that a thread gets closed just because we as mods arbitrarily decide it's "not good enough". A couple of people have brought up BREAKaBEAT's punching in the face thread, and while I kind of cringed when I first saw it I was happy to leave it open initially because people were approaching it without too much seriousness for the most part. We did get complaints about it though, and acted accordingly. Sorry to the people who were getting into it, but part of the whole mod thing is making sure that everyone feels comfortable being a part of this forum.

Finally...we're only human--statistically, there's always gonna be someone who disagrees with a decision that any of the mods make. That's fine. If you honestly think a decision we've made was unfair, let us know. If you don't feel comfortable telling the person who did it, speak to one of the other mods. There are three of us, we all know what confidential means, and none of us bite. Well, I might, but that's probably more of a topic for SLR than it is here... ;)

In closing (thank christ!), I'd much rather this kind of stuff gets discussed in its own thread as it has been here rather than hijacking existing threads...and really, do let the mods know if you think there are any real issues that need to be addressed.

You all rock,
Raz out. =D

Re: A loooong reply..

Having read all of the report by Raz..........I would have to say this thread should now be closed....................it was so well written that it leaves no room for discussion or contribution.

Raz said:
I close them because they don't leave any room for discussion or contribution.

a whinge thread wouldn't be complete unless I chimed in with a useless comment.

Age of Love was cool. Now THAT was trance.

PFFFFT what the fuck are you talking about phagboi (nezo), I havent even made a rediculous and rather unrelated comment in here.

Trance is still cool *puts on Orbital - Halcyon + on +on*

Nib High football rules!

The circle... I mean thread is now complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.