Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus Social could be the next Lounge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by diegoblunt

i dont post in aus social anymore because there is no longer a need .. the forum is now just an australian version of CE+P, S.O and Film and Television.

*yawn*

But that was exactly why this forum was created. To have a place to discuss Australian issues.

keystroke: No, you're right. There isn't a need to get up in arms about every 'silly' thread... but when someone is trying to make a point it's often a good idea to post it a few times. Got your attention, didn't it. ;)

yes. buy surely we can discuss australian issue's in a humorous and social manner. not every thread has to pose an ethical/moral dilemma and be answered with a cliche. threads should be able to evolve into better discussions instead of being branded as off-topic and edited.

when my kangaroo died, i posted about it in the lounge because this forum doesn't welcome humour.

diegoblunt said:
when my kangaroo died, i posted about it in the lounge because this forum doesn't welcome humour.

I can't even type a "laughing" reply to that but I am seriously laughing more than I've done all day....

It occurs to me that it doesnt matter too much. The mods do a good job. They seem to me to be pretty good of ridding us of those posts which arent going to generate anything new, while maintaining a pretty liberal attitude to mindless banter. After all it is important to remember that this is a side street social area for a harm-min web board. We all love it and we all have different idea as to how it ideally should look. So lets stop the navel gazing and get on with our usual mix of 70:30 mindless banter to insightful discussion.

And most importantly lets not close any more threads until I have had time to properly post whore them all.

Think before you start a new topic.
Rather than just starting a new thread for whatever it is that pops into your mind at the time, try and think about what sort of responses the thread will invite. And more importantly, think about whether it's the sort of thing that needs a new thread at all. There might be a very similar thread already in existence, or it might be a topic better suited to discussion somewhere else like the IRC channel for example.

If a post or thread is deemed unacceptable, it will be edited or closed and in extreme circumstances will be deleted.

If you start a thread, and for whatever reason decide it is no longer needed, please do not delete it! You will also be deleting everyone else's responses, and while you have a right to delete your own words, you have no such right concerning others. Simply ask a moderator and they will close it if necessary.

This is not a chat site.
Though it is tempting to be freely social, chat cannot be accepted. This may be the social forum, but it doesn't mean you can post whatever you like. Too many people are making personal posts that only bear relevance to one or two other people. That's what email, ICQ and IRC are for. To a small extent chat will be tolerated, but it is in the interests of all Bluelighters, particularly those who have just joined Bluelight that we leave chat out. This includes in-jokes and threads which revolve around only a select few people. They can be very funny and quite special to those involved, but try to keep them to a minimum and don't drag them out so that other's who don't understand feel alienated.

If you wish to chat, by all means you are welcome to join the IRC #bluelight channel on au.austnet.org - More info on how to do this can be found here: The official Austnet #Bluelight thread

:)

Mean Girl said:
Too many people are making personal posts that only bear relevance to one or two other people.

if a social post such as BREAKaBEATS "what bluelighter do you want to punch in the face?" generates such popularity among Bluelighters (I believe it went for a few pages in a day)

why would that rule be applied? it obviously appealed to the Australian Social people as an entire group....

That Kangaroo thread was awesome!

It would have been good to have it in Aus social now that I think about it. But yeah, it wouldn't have been allowed

Careful, this thread will be closed. Whore it while you can 8)

if a thread doesn't contribute anything .. then you would expect it to drop to the bottom of the page.

the fact of the matter is, a significant proportion of people in this forum enjoy these threads and many have relocated to the lounge in an attempt to find a happy medium.

bluelight is not a democracy and the forum is run on the current mods interpretation of the rules. I'm accepting of that, so i just use the lounge instead. personally i dont find everyone in that forum to be an idiot or the threads to be inane. if the threads suck, i start my own without the fear that it will be shut because it is judged to not contribute enough.

keystroke said:
if a social post such as BREAKaBEATS "what bluelighter do you want to punch in the face?" generates such popularity among Bluelighters (I believe it went for a few pages in a day)

why would that rule be applied? it obviously appealed to the Australian Social people as an entire group....

While the punch in the face thread might have qualified for the "low intelligence" end of threads, it's popularity was magnified by the fact that everyone could participate, it wasn't directly Sydney Clique, or Melbourne Clique, so regardless that it was closed, it has national appeal, we agree here, but I don't question the moderators choice to close it, I imagine it as a whole simply didn't meet their criteria of being a acceptable thread....

*shrugs*

it is not up to either of us to question the aus mods EVERY SINGLE DECISION, they got their positions because they are smart enough to make the right decision.

OK here's the difference between how it is now, and how it was before the last "nazi" spree.

The problem a while ago was that it was too "cliquey". The people who knew each other in real life stood out like dogs balls because 95% of thier jokes were in-jokes which weren't funny on their own merits - you had to be in the "cool group" for them to make any sense. This was excluding a heap of people from being able to contribute to any threads. The reason for the nazi crackdown was to try to stop people posting only for their friend's amusment.

The way it is now, I don't have a clue who really knows each other in real life. Being inside the clique is not essential for participation. So I don't think another crackdown is needed.

I could be wrong though, because I'm no where near as involved as I used to be. But there's my 2c anyway. :)

Although I should add that some threads are very cliquey. I guess my point is though that not all the threads are cliquey, and it's easy enough to avoid the ones that are.

Pleonastic said:
Although I should add that some threads are very cliquey. I guess my point is though that not all the threads are cliquey, and it's easy enough to avoid the ones that are.

I totally agree with everything said there.

:)

I've never met a BLer in my life. But I think I can participate in all threads. Except meet up ones :(

Oooh ooh ooh now i can:

/waves to Haste AND Horsey's mum =D ;)

Now lets all take a deep breath and take a look outside. See, there is a real world out there.

DJC*

Hey DJC, this still has nothing on the inside joke eh? ;)

What's all the fuss? Post in what you like, don't post in what you don't like? Make your own if it's really that bad..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.