Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aurorix & Speed?

i dunno i think it's a very low & chance i'll die if i consume low safe dose

Dunno said:
i dunno i think it's a very low & chance i'll die if i consume low safe dose

You're not really qualified to make that estimate, really. Medical researchers all agree that its a dangerous combination. Aurorix carries a specific contraindication warning with stimulants and MDMA (Ecstasy), for the precise reason that its unpredictable and dangerous.

Are you aware that Aurorix is a CYP2D6 inhibitor as well? It stops MDMA being metabolised by your body, to a large extent. This can cause massive, unpredictable rises in plasma levels, leading to overdose. People have died similarly from taking drugs like ritonavir.

You didn't seem to be aware of this effect. Do you still really think that you can accurately assess the chance of death?

One ex-bluelighter against the advice of several, better experienced and more knowledgable bluelighters is hardly sensible thinking. Yes it sounds fantastic, but it's damn dangerous.

If you want length of experience without such dangers, then instead think about candyflipping (search engine). But again, wait until you are able to go off your present medication - please. We've lost the odd overzealoust bluelighter, and no-one wants to see you join the list.

Serotonin syndrome is a very, very real danger. People do die from it, and survivors often say they wish they had.

I've been on aurorix before. The half-life is 1.5 hours after single dosing, 3.5 to 5 hours after multiple dosing. There's no discontinuation effects if you miss a dose like the SSRIs, so simply just don't take it that day. Resume late the day after.

That's correst VelocideX although the inhibition lasts longer. From MIMS

Pharmacology

....Moclobemide is relatively selective for type A. At a 300 mg dose, the inhibition of monoamine oxidase A is approximately 80% while that of monoamine oxidase B is approximately 20 to 30%. The inhibition is short lasting (approximately 24 hours).

The inhibition is reversible; I would have thought it would disappear with the parent compound. I guess all that says it that it takes a relatively low dose to inhibit a substantial fraction of the MAOA, in which case you should leave it for a day (as you said)

Ok,i think i might just leave it the day i wanna pop E

VelocideX said:
I don't mean to be rude, but being unafraid of doing something despite overwhelming evidence that it carries a high chance of mortality is (in my view) indicative of stupidity of some sort of serious underlying personality flaw.

Thats what I was thinking. Imo he is depressed enough to not care if he gets hurt. His mindframe isnt ready for drugs and he is useing them for the wrong reasons.

ok, now aurorix is a reversable MAOI, pretty much the only MAOI that is I believe and indeed, some people have done this combo with good results, others not so good.

I also looked into this combo quite some time ago because I suffered really badly from Social phobia and anxiety and depression and at the time MDMA was just pure bliss sent stright from hevan, it gave me a life, it gave me friends, I love what it did for me to this day, but, when one has a history of feeling so shit, then gets the relief MDMA provided, you don't want to tolerate ANY anxiety/depression etc.

I have a nursing background and a unhealthy interest in drugs I really do have a better than average understanding of what is going on from a physiology point of view and this is madness dude, I have done Blood pressure readings and pulses on myself and friends just sitting around after a night pilling and a few lines of speed. A good mate of mines heart was hammering at 145bpm and BP of 180/105 just while he is DJing, 26yo, a little overweight, doesn't smoke. That is bordering a hypertensive crisis right there. You go out there and dance ur ass off and get dehydrated and take fucking aurorix...Fuck Man, forget about the risk of dieing dude, that is too intangable, consider for example, stroking out and losing ur ability to speak, not being able to remember what u use a spoon for, ending up with a facial droop, blindness, total immobilty and inabilty to communicate with the outside world...being a prisioner of your own body. Consider a long stay in a neuro ward, think about having some old bitch nurse that that works there 5 days a week, think about her shoveling pureed shit that is surpossed to resemble food into ur face faster than u can swollow because she wants to get off on her break on time and because she is overworked. Think about hating her with a passion yet 5 days a week, 8 hours a day she is the one u depend on. She Feeds you, she bathes you, she wipes the shit from your ass when you shit ur nappy, ....she cleans under your foreskin with her wrinkled, nicotene stained fingers.

Maybe, after minimum 3 months, u may, MAY, get out of there and sent to some slightly less hellish rehab in our underfunded health care system, where u can start learning how to use all these very impressive gadgets that help you do cool things like, I dunno, butter toast.

Dieing is if your lucky dude, you stroke out badly enough, you won't even be able to kill yourself, ever, and then you get to go to an aged care facility to spend the rest of ur days with the elderly, watching them play bingo with milk bottle lids while ur only way of interacting MIGHT be pointing at a board with words like "toilet" and "thirsty" while you WAIT 50 YEARS TO DIE.

How depressed do u think u will be then?

This is my worst nighmare and you are running a real risk of this happening, in fact I saw a not old guy walk out of a club and die there on the footpath 2 weeks ago, it would have been something cerebrovascular for sure.

I really feel 4 u mate but this is not the way, have some k, have a trip, drink loads, scam some valium, have some fucking heroin but don't do this.
I know my shit, I put alot of effort into this post, we are all a caring lot here.

Please don't do this

B

Last edited:
Ok yeah i have come to the decision to not do this & seeing what VelocideX said that i should be fine to do it 24 hours later then i will just stop my medication the night before

So i had a pill with moclobeimde and nothing bad happened cuz of the fucking efexor that was still in my brain but i did notice increase in effect but it was like the pill was there but wasn't working

auroix is horrible dr gave it to me, freaked me out. wouldnt mix it with ANYTHING! i wouldnt even mix it with myself. one of the worst ever...

You know what a really simple alternative would be... asking your doctor about it.

If dunno was (since it looks like he isn't now) going to do this irrespective of the sagely advice given by experienced members of Bluelight then perhaps the advice he should have been given (instead of calling him an idiot, sucidal, flawed etc) is that he try almost a minimal/non-existent dose of MDMA & Moclobemide.

For example if you have a single pill take 1/10th of the MDMA and 1/10 of the Moclobemide pill. Increase your dose, (with a large period between doses, say several days) by 1/10th until you experince a reaction.

Have a rule that you personally do not exceed, irrespective of whether you feel anything or not, say 1/3 of the MDMA pill vs 1/3 of the Moclobemide .

Is there anyway to determine the dose relationship of a MAOI and the reactions that will occur when mixed with MDMA?

Also you would have to take into account any other stimulant you were taking (like speed for example) and the last time you took the MAIO....