• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ancient use of psychedelics

Ismene said:
There's a big problem in trying to work out why people you've never met and havn't got the faintest clue about are saying what they say. It certainly hasn't got to be based on anything real - it could be nothing more complicated than someone realising that when they made up a dramatic religious story people stared at him in wonder and gave him a free meal. Charlie Manson realised something very similar 2000 years later.

You "never met and havn't got the faintest clue about are saying what they say" too, so how do you know I'm wrong?

EntheoDjinn said:
Jeeeez - I am right in thinking you're training to be a psychotherapist Willow? What model of recovery will you be using with your clients? ;)

E

Its called Horns and Man Hair therapy. It involves clubbing things.

I see you are doing a little better willow. It must be the red meat and whisky, keep up the good work.

^Yeah and seals.

Shocking joke. Shocking. Go psy :)

demons said:
You "never met and havn't got the faintest clue about are saying what they say" too, so how do you know I'm wrong?

I suppose it comes down to how eager you are to believe people telling you stories. A lot of people will swear blind they've been taken aboard UFO spaceships, but I choose not to believe them either :\

Hey, if it makes you happy, go for it :)

My research indicates that ancient use of psychoactives extended on a far wider scale than generally recognised, and that their plant lore and extraction handed down in the verbal tradition in most druidic / brahmic faiths around the world from around 4000BC up until around AD60-70.

Around these dates the Romans destroyed the High Druidic culture in Britain along with it's centres of knowledge in Anglesey (The Menai Massacre), along with around 40 other druidic universities in Britain and the temple in Jerusalem.

Since then, the Judeo-Christian 'Empire' has been wiping out all remnants of this culture around the world, some later than others...

My research has revolved centrally around the word 'Myrrh' which is offered to Jesus as a psychoactive (most likely nDMT) to relieve pain of crucifixion.

This 'Myrrh' seems to have been used in an oil used to cover the Angels or Elohim in the Book of Enoch, commonly thought to be the Sumerian originators of all Brahmic faiths and re-starters of civilisation after the last ice age.

This oil seems to have kept them in a constant state enhanced consciousness and increased instinctive perception...so much so, one of them decided to call himself....

God!

Please see my thread entitled "religious psychoactive use: a basic human right" for suggestions and speculations about how this oil may have developed into the Holy Anointing Oil which was dosed out to everyone who wrote the Bible!

Last edited:
Here's what the Bible says about Mushrooms:

Exodus 16

13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host

14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground

15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

at least...that's how I interpret it! :p

nbsp said:
perhaps someone just got lucky and ate a particularly potent button. One where the psychoactive effects were discernable, anyway. Who knows. It seems more bizarre to me that anyone would discover oral DMT can be activated per MAOI, in a tribal environment with no science or chemistry. How the fuck does that happen?

mah man, *high five*!

Why wouldn't myrrh not simply be Commiphora myrrha resin, as it is now? Also, DMT wouldn't be a great painkiller :\- and why would they offer Jesus a painkiller after the torture they'd already put him through- and he died straight afterwards- so what does it matter if this myrrh was DMT or not?

Please see my thread entitled "religious psychoactive use: a basic human right" for suggestions and speculations about how this oil may have developed into the Holy Anointing Oil which was dosed out to everyone who wrote the Bible!

I want to see and hear evidence, not just some speculation. What you have said doesn't make sense to me.

acormon said:
Here's what the Bible says about Mushrooms:

Exodus 16

13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host

Well that's the theory from the book by john allegro but it's hard to believe early christians were trippers. It just doesn't sound like a religion that sprang from tripping on mushrooms. The whole idea is to worship what the bible says rather than look inside yourself.

paygan said:
My research has revolved centrally around the word 'Myrrh' which is offered to Jesus as a psychoactive (most likely nDMT) to relieve pain of crucifixion.

But what source of nn-DMT were they using and how was it being administered? nn-DMT isn't even active orally. Was Christ snorting extracted DMT freebase?

^You know, he used The Machine...

According to this Moses and the Hebrews used a lot of psychedelic mushrooms back in the day.

Haven't native american indians been using peyote in prayer rituals for quite a while now?

^Yeah, the use of peyote is well established. Halucinogens are a lot more prevalent in the 'New World' which explains why there are more religions based around them. But for sure, use of peyote is old as time in some parts of the world...

swilow said:
Why wouldn't myrrh not simply be Commiphora myrrha resin, as it is now?

Because it states the Gospel of Mark that before his crucifixion they offered Jesus "Wine mingled with Myrrh" as by this time, the Roman meaning of the word 'Myrrh' is a drug given to people before crucifixion to lessen the pain. The Romans called it 'Vinum Conditum Myrrh'.

Commiphora Myrrha resin is an incense. It's not edible. And certainly not a drug that helps with pain.

This word Myrrh seems to have various meanings. Remember the Myrrh given to Jesus as a baby is a smelly ointment? I don't suppose a baby would need a crucifixion drug. And he already had some Frankincense incense, so why 2 types of incense? And didn't the Wise Men with the incenses get off a bit light? Turning up to the birth of the Son of God with some Nag Champa? I'd suggest the true nature of Frankincense could also do with an investigation.

So what is Myrrh. Hebrew literally translates the word as 'Tree Sap' or 'Bitter'

Acacia Tree Sap can contain DMT and 5-MEO-DMT (which tastes bitter - Commiphora Myrrh is sweet smelling in my opinion, causing an inconsistency) and is still smoked by aboriginies in leaves as joints! Acacia's are all over the Bible and Moses was up to some funny alchemy if you want my opinion. Bedouin are still using oils like this today from Acacia Tortillis and others endemic in the Middle East.

I'm in favour of several leading author's opinions (Lawrence Gardner, Christian O'Brien) that Jesus actually entered a deep meditation state on the cross and didn't die. I don't buy any of the 'supernatural' Jesus stuff at all. I'm simply interested in history.

Perhaps it only matters because of the sheer scale of so many people who believe so much bullshit, and I'd like it to be put right! I have some speculations about the Crown of Thorns being made from Acacia, puncturing Jesus's head with DMT, only to be made active by a Syrian Rue (Harmine containing) vinegar administered by Simon the Zealot through a reed and taking his meditation state...

...beyond my current comprehension.

Despite that rather wild one, hopefully you will find some evidence in my replies to suggest this speculation about Myrrh may not be too fanciful. :)

Last edited: