• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ancient use of psychedelics

inotocracy said:
Haven't native american indians been using peyote in prayer rituals for quite a while now?

I think it's just the southern mexico based tribes like the Huichol who've used it for thousands of years. It only started spreading north to other indians about 100 years ago

Acacia Tree Sap can contain DMT and 5-MEO-DMT (which tastes bitter - Commiphora Myrrh is sweet smelling in my opinion, causing an inconsistency) and is still smoked by aboriginies in leaves as joints! Acacia's are all over the Bible and Moses was up to some funny alchemy if you want my opinion. Bedouin are still using oils like this today from Acacia Tortillis and others endemic in the Middle East.

Well, I'm from Australia, and all the DMT i've smoked comes from acacias....but I can say pretty certainly that indigenous australians do not smoke acacia and haven't for a long time, as far as we know in Aus. The alkaloids are contained contained throughout the tree, not in the resin, and has to be extracted like one would extract from MHRB...

Now Myrrh- why would it be a psychedelic, as they are relatively inneffective painkillers, though they do have analgesisc properties...but how did the DMT become activated enough to have any effect of Jesus? The whole notion that the crown of thorns would have been made from acacia and somehow infused him with DMT, and then he drank the MAOi is incorrect pharmacologically. But afaik at least acacia species in Africa are thorny...:\

There's a definite connection between Osiris and Acacia too....one of the many names given to Osiris was 'the One in the Acacia', and the birth/rebirth (trapped in a coffin trapped in an Acacia tree) myth seems to be suggesting that Acacia trees were significant.
Acacia Nilotica is abundant in Egypt and Arabia and contains alkoloids in the leaf

We want definitive speculation in this thread :D - not just idle speculation ;)

swilow said:
Well, I'm from Australia, and all the DMT i've smoked comes from acacias....but I can say pretty certainly that indigenous australians do not smoke acacia and haven't for a long time, as far as we know in Aus. The alkaloids are contained contained throughout the tree, not in the resin, and has to be extracted like one would extract from MHRB...

Now Myrrh- why would it be a psychedelic, as they are relatively inneffective painkillers, though they do have analgesisc properties...but how did the DMT become activated enough to have any effect of Jesus? The whole notion that the crown of thorns would have been made from acacia and somehow infused him with DMT, and then he drank the MAOi is incorrect pharmacologically. But afaik at least acacia species in Africa are thorny...:\

"For the last 500 years, Western Culture has suppressed the idea of disembodied intelligences--of the presence and reality of spirit. Thirty seconds into the DMT flash, and that's a dead issue." Terence McKenna

..and whilst not classically as a painkiller, DMT in my experience gives you the spirit to overcome and deal with pain and death. It'd be my preferred choice if I have to get crucified.

This gets even more interesting if you accept the suggestions by Schonefield's - The Passover Plot, along with a number of enlightened, leading scholars - that Jesus didn't die, but entered an unconscious meditation state assisted by drugs. What the exact pharmacology was that they were up to, I can't tell precisely - it could have been blowfish poison or anything on that vinegar sponge. When you factor in that they may have had ancient knowledge of M-State Metals such as Monatomic Gold to boot, it all gets inter-dimensionally complicated beyond my current understanding.

Inter-perratorial thorny-injection is an interesting anointing concept...

My guess is that they would have known of the 'magic' of some of the Acacias. You don't spend 40,000+ years somewhere and not know a hell of a lot about your environment ;)

I gather acacias were often used for smoking ceremonies by Aborigines in Australia, especially for new born babies and their mothers.
One excellent book you should connect with, if you don't know it already, is called Traditonal Bush Medicine: An Aboriginal Pharmacopeia (published in the NT and should be available new or second hand somewhere over there).
It has pictures and descriptions of plant use, including smoking ceremonies with Acacia, from the Walpiri, Mudburra and Jingulu people of central NT area.
Not made it to WA yet, but as far as plants go it's one of the most unique and diverse places in the world. Not a bad place to learn.

The method I was described was an alcohol extraction from Prickly Moses Acacia resin, wrapped in a leaf.

Last edited:
Actually, Myrrh (Commiphora resin) DOES contain compounds acting upon the opioidergic system, and has been shown to have an analgesic property. Myrrh and wine is not unknown as a herbal remedy, or in tinctures.

And whilst it is not food, that does not mean it cannot be safely consumed. To the best of my knowledge, the resin of C.molmol has no highly significant toxic properties.

As far as injection via crown of thorns...lol. New one on me and I'll pass thanks. Wouldn't be the strangest method of applying a psychoactive however. San bushmen have a psychotropic preparation, from a plant in the amaryllidacea family, called 'kwashi', this is apparently administered to (self administered, deliberate) slash wounds to the head. The plant is a species of Pancratium, I believe P.trianthum.

Not a plant I would want to try however, given the frequent occurance of toxic cardiac glycosides and the like within Amaryllidacea.