• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A thread only for Newcastle people AKA Novacastrians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for the second or third) time in this thread I'm leaving town..

Destination UNkonwn..........

Well I"m off to become a boagn actualy...ie become a Cenni coast boagan

what does everyone consider to be the best (and worst) parts of newcastle to live ???

obviously Cooks Hill and The Junction are very popular with younger people ... but i believe that 'Town' is slowly regaining some character and becoming the place to be again ...

that said, for me the best would have to be Newcastle East - so peaceful and well located. While the worst would have to be Wallsend - although it is affordable, it's full of absolute mugs !!!

I would say Windale would have to win hands down for the worst area in Newcastle, closely followed by Islington.

The nicer areas are around Merewether, The Junction, The Hill, Bar Beach ect.

For the 6th largest city in Australia, it leaves quite a lot to be desired.:\

hey! out of this thread with that attitude young lady!! ... that said, i rag on the place more than anyone and moved to sydney the first chance i got ... it really does suck big time !! i transfered back to concentrate on uni though, so i guess i gotta live with my decision ...

hehehe, thought i'd leave Windale and Iso out of my post, as it effectively kills the topic - since clearly the winners have been determined in exact order, even without collating the votes ;)

ooh The Hill ... i used to live on the (flat part) of Tyrrell street which was nice...

to me though, Merewether is absolute garbage - other than houses right on the beach, scenic drive and a few other certain streets .... there are not enough trees, it's filled with self-righteous wankers and i can't stand having no public transport, even though i drive a car when i'm living in newy ....

ok, now that this thread is ressurrected, lets organise a meetup! I'll be out of the country until March though, so we will have to wait until then! nah, i encourage everyone to get together and arrange a regular hangout so that everyone is friends by the time i return ...

btw - surely a novocastrian has never been a mod before ???? ... on your application you must've told 'em you lived in "the greater sydney area" ...

There are many suburbs that should not be mentioned in this thread.... actually I'm surprised that there is even a thread for Newcastle..... hehe ;)

I don't rate the place highly, there is decent shopping
that can be done here, the nightlife is absolutely appalling, and my best friend has just moved away, so all in all I'm not a big fan of Newie at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure on the history of Bluelight Mod's but I have a feeling I am the 1st Novocastrian Mod :D

Actualy....... no no mods..

but there was a few meets and even a weekend of parties back in 2002(or was it 2003)

anyways.. they all have gone in thier own directions and i'm one of the oldest newi idiots to troll around here...

(waiting for bel to proove me wrong now)

but if there was a Cheep trix 3.................... i'd come

Everybody knows that the Central Coast is the true New South Wales Party Destination.

- Gosford night life, including the deceased Troppo (RIP :( )
- Two major shopping centres
- Terrigal night life
- Somebody set us up the bomb, please.

:p :|

IWoody said:
Actualy....... no no mods..

but there was a few meets and even a weekend of parties back in 2002(or was it 2003)

anyways.. they all have gone in thier own directions and i'm one of the oldest newi idiots to troll around here...

(waiting for bel to proove me wrong now)

but if there was a Cheep trix 3.................... i'd come

there was a cheap trixxx 3, it's why there was no cheap trixxx 4. actually the night wasn't all that bad in terms of crowd numbers (considering we moved it to the cambridge front room) but newcastle wasn't receptive to our music policy at the time (to a certain degree 2 years later they were) so i called it quits.

this is on soon...
flyerfu0.jpg

Anyone else going to Plump DJ's tonight?

And on the previous discussion: I'd happily live in islington. If you're going to bag places out let's move it towards the Raymond Terrace/Maitland area. Hamilton would be my favourite place to live.

I'll bag Kurri Kurri....

Cause I can..

and isso rocks!!! I lived there in 99-2000 and enjoyed every beaumont st kabab I had.. and these days its tame yuppieville

^^ Which is the best now that Caprodocia has been through its 14th owner and name change in the last 3 years?

i still rate Capadocia and it still had the same name last time i went there which was in late november i believe ... its all about the toastage ... that is there competitive advantage even though other places sometimes try to copy (and fail) ..

my mate works at Village Kebab, so i sometimes go there too and consider it better than the other ones in the Hamilton Oasis proper ...

my other mate lived on the lower-half of nesca parade for a while and we often frequented Darby St Oasis in the wee hours ... but i still maintain they make some of the shittest kebabs this side of Lebanon ...

i think ozbreaker is the first and only bluelighter i've met from newcastle ... it was in Sydney at Fuzzy 360 a few years ago. I had taken 2 of those " 3's " at once on an empty stomach and he was nice enough to chill with me even though i spewed my guts up directly after meeting him!

also, starting to agree that iso is allright these days ... but it really depends which part you are talking about!

mmm there is a pide war on at the moument

oasis $10 and Huge or cabaddocia grasier and tastier and smaller for $8....

its hard to say..

but kababs kabadocia hands down.. or anatolia..

Wow - to drop two of those 3's was intense. I seem to remember you saving my night after some green starry thing. I think i was busy being bewildered and slightly bemused at the sydney breaks scene; People were dancing in circles and there were coke head ffs, when somehow i found myself sitting next to you and worked out that you went to my school and everything including sharing a deep passion for my former english teacher Mrs Clack.

Ah hamilton Kebabs.. so many memories..

Mmmmmm Hamilton Kebabs soooooooo good. :D

I would have to say personally I like anatolia if I'm going to get a pide/pida. They always make them extra yummy for us, although I'm afraid that our faces (mine and my best friends) have become some what regular down there, so they are making them extra good for us because they know we give them business.

If that's the case....

*oh the shame*:eek:

hehe =D

Last edited:
silvia saint said:
this is on soon...
flyerfu0.jpg

Who else is going to this? A few of my friends are DJing, so I aint missing it.....

.....the promise of cheap drinks had nothing to do with my decision ;)

^^ I would have gone if i hadn't had a date :p

How was it?

Which ones are your mates? I really only know Vile Delusions - and maybe Pat? (not sure if i've met him or know him but doesnt know who he is etc)

Pat Sollom, DJ Hollic, and Sphinx (though he didnt play, Dexi took his place).

Great night all in all. Really, really cheap drinks. One or two problems with uptight ho's from Sydney causing trouble.

They left after they poured a drink on one of my friends, so someone threw the empty bottle at them.

Cant wait for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.