• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A forming Kratom addiction? Overall thoughts on addiction

Forming a new addiction now would be quite dumb. I'd focus on its therapeutic effects.

Sw1tch, yes it looks like it will be banned by september 30th for at least 1 to 2 years until they decide if its worthy of permanent schedule 1 status

Although, the petition to stop this scheduling is doing very well. Its gotten over 60,000 signatures in just 6 days, and it only needs 100,000 to be given to the white house. Now, even if this petition gets enough signatures, that doesnt mean that it will stop the DEA from banning kratom, it just means that we, the people, have a much better chance at stopping them.

Although, the petition to stop this scheduling is doing very well. Its gotten over 60,000 signatures in just 6 days, and it only needs 100,000 to be given to the white house. Now, even if this petition gets enough signatures, that doesnt mean that it will stop the DEA from banning kratom, it just means that we, the people, have a much better chance at stopping them.

How would it even stop them even in theory??

Who is it that would review the signatures and petition and even be in a position at all to overpower the DEA??

The Congress??

I doubt the president will be giving it a second thought and maybe hasn't even heard of it yet, or at least it's not more than a passing thought in his mind with all the other more important shit going on in the world.

I don't see how the petition can do anything unfortunately.

It SHOULD be able to, but I don't see how it will.

I currently seem to be in full swing with regards to kratom addiction.

Started out with 5 grams of high quality powder dosed twice per day and slowly worked up around 35-40 grams, spaced around 4 doses. This is all in the last 4 months.

As soon as I heard about the ban, i decided it was time to see what these withdrawals were like.

I made it 48 hours before i had to dose to get to work. I would compare it to hydrocodone esque withdrawal symptoms but with more of the emotional instability and anxiety resembling a hefty tramadol ct.

I plan on tapering over the next month using stem and vein before the ban, but overall imo Ive found it to be just as addictive as most of the typical pharmaceutical opioids.

For someone early on in their kratom use I would suggest at least a week break twice a month with dosing every 3-4 days inbetween.

First post, ive been lurking around for the better part of the last decade. My recent predicament led me to this thread.

Last edited:
^ Do you do h everyday? The other stuff you can 'put down'.. Kratom can be put down easier than actual full agonist opioids. Kratom isn't an opioid perse, but it contains opioid alkaloids..

I don't see how you wouldn't class it as an opiod when it contains opioid receptor agonists.

Im not sure how the petition gets anything done, but its a step forward and i also contacted my local congressman to tell him whats up. Ive been addicted to kratom for the last year and a half, but ive always stayed at a constant dose of 3g in the morning and 4 grams at night. Never changed. But i know it would still be a bitch to come off of without tapering. Thankfully i have enough to taper with, so i will be doing exactly that.

given reality of situation, I would say starting a krat addiction RIGHT NOW is a VERY bad idea ;)

This is it. Why get into shit you'll not have access to soon. Pick a different flavor and go with that.

Let me say that this is the stupidist thing to get scheduled, like out of anything. Let this be proof that big pharma is the fucker here

the crabgrass on my lawn gives me a buzz. Next they will schedule that.