Study: Glycaemic Index of Food Differs Drastically Between People

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Ok so this paper may not be a surprise to some of you, especially those with an interest in the role of gut bacteria in blood glucose response. However the unexpectedly high degree of variation in blood sugar responses to different foods - with contrary and contradictory responses between different people - may well be.

It just goes to prove an intuition that's been doing the rounds in bodybuilding circles for decades: different people need different food choices and strategies both when bulking and dieting. These personalised nutrition choices appear to be heavily dependent on the person's own physiology, metabolism and (as increasingly seems likely) bacterial flora.

The differential effects on glucose levels, insulin sensitivity and thus protein synthesis - critical factors in the acquisition and retention of LBM - could be quite significant in the long run.

For a simple summary, read this article.

For the complete (free) paper, click here.

Thanks for sharing! Gut bacteria is an increasingly interesting topic, particularly to someone as myself dealing with a consistently useless GI system. Will try to find a chance to have a read.

Ive always thought this for a long time so its nice to read
I guess this kinda kills all those companys that offer healthy meals for you to buy

^^^you just gave me an awesome idea for a company. A company that tests gut flora and other variables to determine best foods for your physiology. Also simple questionnaire about foods the consumer likes and doesn't like. Then the company preps and sends meals to the consumer that are ideal for their physiology, their fitness goals, and is palatable. Of course I'd have the basic package called "fucking bland chicken and rice" that will be of discounted price. Also on the questionnaire can take into account those gluten free, free range, wild caught, fad foods. I see a very lucrative market for this. Also targets a wide audience for overall health such as those with sensitivities or allergies as well. "cool ass food prep n shit, LLC" by serotonin101 lol

Yeah a friend of mine started a company thats doing excellet but the meals are all the same with nothing costume tailored toward anyone specific other then there is a "bulking" menu and a "dieting" menu

Arrggg the absurd amount of variables that contribute to the subject only seems to bring more confusion at times. You try to narrow down on energy regulation, but then you have to reevaluate and take into consideration individualistic dietary needs. After all that is done you throw out the previous strategy because now dietary needs should have been prioritized first. But wait, now you spent all that time trying to get all your protocols and goals on paper only to realize you just spent 50 years of your life fine tuning your diet.

**Looks reluctantly out his window questioning the sunset and his own personal existence...**​

I 99.9% of the time turn my dieting practices into overly meticulous little experiments. I guess you should say it has allowed me to develop a pretty half steppin' no-how conducting my diet into correlation to what I desire. I also got some funky genetics so I've luckily had the graciousness of never ever ever worrying about increasing my body fat.

Thanks for sharing! Gut bacteria is an increasingly interesting topic, particularly to someone as myself dealing with a consistently useless GI system. Will try to find a chance to have a read.

Generally the aerobic bacteria within our gastrointestinal flora is the desirable one. Not to mention that those aerobic enzymes are required to be sustained to some quantitative measurement threshold to ensure effective nutritional absorption. End the end though some of us are the black sheep of the planet and unfortunately the most detrimental contributor to effective micronutritional utilization falls on our presence of key intrinsic factors that mediate nutrient transportation and functionality.

Last edited: