View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-EiPT Thread

th1986

Bluelighter
Wondering If anyone has tried this one?Search extensively but only thing I've found was that it was quite sedating , not great on its own but decent in combination with certain things (salvia was the combo being discussed) , but nothing as far as dosage.

Have read the tihkal entry for EIPT , which makes it sound undesirable but like I said barely any info on the 5-meo version.

Was going to bump the 1 thread i found on here but was archive so decided to make a new one with the hopes that someone around here has some info.

A quote from the cognitive liberty site:

Alexander Shulgin said:
I must admit that I am a total stranger to that compound. And I made a quick search on line of the last few decades of Chemical Abstracts and it is just possible that it is not even in the scientific literature.

The same compound with one fewer carbon atoms, the N-methyl-N-isopropyl homologue I synthesized many years ago, and called it 5-MeO-MIPT. It is indeed in TIHKAL and I have reported it to be active in the 4-6 milligram range, orally. And the same compound with one additional carbon atom, the N,N-diisopropyl homologue, is also an old friend which I had named 5-MeO-DIPT. In TIHKAL its dose is suggested to be in the 6-12 milligram range. But the N-ethyl is half-way between those two compounds and I never did get around to making it.

But apparently someone else did. My gut feeling would be to call it 5-MeO-EIPT. But as to predicting the active dosage range and its effects, I would be conservative and cautious. I have been caught more than once with the easy logic of, "Since this is half way between A and B as to structure, it will probably be half way between them in potency as well." Every new compound is a unique entity and must be approached as the total unknown that it is. Start small. Give time between trials. And in something that is publicly available, learn everything you can from other explorers.

-- Dr. Shulgin

Well looks like I'll be the lab rat for this one.

Will allergy test a speckle and likely start with a very small (possible sub threshold dose) 2-3mg dose.

The only 5-meo I've had is the MIPT. Ive tested that from 5-17ish mg. my desired dose is in the 5-7mg range which provides a great aphrodisiac effect with very enhanced tactile with very little pyscedelia until I get over 10mg. Personally don't find it's pysedelic effects very rewarding and would much rather go with a 4-sub trypt if that's what I'm looking for.

Given that I'm gonna try and be as safe as possible and start extremely low in case this stuff is as potent as 5-meo-mipt.

Will report back Findings after testing.

Best of luck :)

What is your route of administration, do you have a proper scale? Maybe volumetric measurement is best...

2-3 mg is not really an allergy dose or 'extremely low' (it is extremely little though, but that is not the same) as you suggest, it's higher. Given that there is virtually no information on this, don't you think it wise to go further under an active dose? I don't think there is harm in that and it shouldn't cost you much time (what is a few hours?) or material.

Roa will be oral in gelcap but willing to reconsider. Am fairly new to the world of RC's and have not done any volumetric dosing. Seems easy enough and I'll read up on it tonight before I decide what I'm going to do.

I have a milligram scale but not one nearly as accurate for <5mg dose.

I weigh gel cap , add compound and re weigh. I think this is best way to get accurate dose outside of volumetric dosing.

Plan was weigh out 5-6mg. Split as evenly as possible into 3 portions. Take a "speckle" of one of the [roughly] 2mg piles as allergy test....

I will reconsider how to proceed though thanks for posting. Earliest I'd be dosing would be tonight (5-6 hours from now but more likely wait until tomorrow)

Last edited:
Here is the volumetric measurement thread :)

It is indeed very very easy and it has the benefit of not only giving more control and thus safety, but also that you can have more faith in the doses you choose and measure, so that you yourself and others can properly use that information without having to keep using guesswork and error margins.

Not sure how much you have at your disposal but you could weigh out about 15 mg and measure a quantity of water so that even 0.5 or 0.1 mg differences can be known. The question is: do you have anything that lends itself for measuring? Something that comes as close to possible as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduated_cylinder. Syringes are obviously great...
If you have another scale that can weigh heavier things you can also weigh water to measure doses.

You can be creative with other things as well like using a long-drink glass and taping paper to it that has lines on it. Walk around where you live to see if you see anything that you could use. You can calculate how far apart the lines are supposed to be and they don't even have to be real milliliters, as long as you can see 15 'units' for 15 mg (for example)!

And it would be awesome if you keep a log of effects that you can use to write a report at a later moment when you feel like it. Just use keywords, that it doesn' t have to get in the way of experiencing and exploring the effects.

Of course all of this is optional, what is important is just that you feel alright when you do this and have a nice and interesting time. ;)

Last edited:
Great thanks for the link. Nothing around the house but I suspect a oral syringe , used for babies would likely do the trick and could be found at the local pharmacy.

Think I'll likely hold off and browse that thread and pic up a syringe tomorrow , that way I can provide more of a scientific approach with dosing.

Plenty of material to work with. If I have any questions after reading the thread you posted I'll ask there.

& yeah I planned to log (likely in this thread if that's fine) some basic thoughts after each test and will ultimately write a trip report when I reach what I feel is an active dose.

Anyone give this a try yet? I received a free sample and Im having trouble finding information.

Yeah I'm still
Around just haven't gotten to it yet. To many other better researched things to try at the moment.

Only info I found was an old post , perhaps on this forum stating it was fairly sedating & not great by itself but mixed well with Sally (assume that's salvia)

Another report , who I think is working with the same batch as me said 15mg proved to me very mild and uneventful . Slight tracers & a case of the giggles.

I figured dosage would be much lower consider 5-meo-mipt&dipt low threshold doses.

Ill still allergen test then start at 1-2mg , hopefully in the next coming weeks.

I bought some of that stuff in that period after the first internet RC vendor was raided a bit before 911,while the store was still open and in a limbo, anybody my age around here surely knows what place I'm speaking of...I actually sold 90% of it and I hardly remember how it was, this post reminded me it was ever available hah.

eating/drinking is better than snuffing for sure. the trade off is more effect for anxiety/unease and mild nausea, go fig.

moxy doses can be pushed pretty high, so I figure eoto can get pushed pretty high as well. not sure from first hand though, with eoto that is, I know that moxy can get pushed from multiple trials. dose/roa change everything with moxy, so its likely the same with eoto.

Just became available to me, I'm sure you guys know the vendor, and reports IV it's activity without comparing it to its homologous? I've never tasted EiPT so I don't think a comparison would be relevant.

Just tried the EOTO chemical the other night however there was some heavy drinking prior to consumption. Smoked lots of weed and forgot that the pill was consumed. At 7 milligrams there definately was noticed an odd feeling similar to mushrooms and it felt like there was some increased tactile. Noticed a slight headache that also could have been caused by the alcohol and there was alot of paranoia about taking a substance with no info about it. Defiately noticed some fucked up kinda relaxed giggly feel similar to the effect reached with low dose mushrooms or LSD. However trying to turn the wierd body sensations into something enjoyable proved somewhat difficult. Girlfriend was also mad at the fact that drugs were consumed and there was an uneasy vibe in the atmosphere. Was hoping that it would get better but it just ended up feeling hungover until bedtime. The next day felt fine and no hangover.

Was worried that sleep would be difficult however within 3 hours after consumption sleep was reached.

Wondering if a high enough dose was consumed. In the future there will be more detailed experiment conducted possibly the next one being a smoked trial.

In comparing an experience with a low dose Mipt version it should be noted that the Mipt was much more enjoyable for swim even though some people have reported it to be also be kinda weird and not molly like. Another friend reported that the Mipt was suprisingly enlightening. Further comparisons with eoto will follow!!!

5 meo Mipt

Somebody else out there has to have some. Where are the rest of the reports? We need to compare it to 5 meo Mipt and DIpt.

I have tried this up to 15mg...not pushy like dipt or as speedy as mipt....it is somewhat sedating and stoning. Great headspace and nice bodyload, trying to do thangs is more difficult then doing them sober.

Sounds like I might like it! Any more first hand experience on this? I think if people actually sampled it and report on it, we can make this a central thread.

Sounds like I might like it! Any more first hand experience on this? I think if people actually sampled it and report on it, we can make this a central thread.
Really! I was hoping it wouldn't be dysphoric like was reported with EiPT.

It seems really strange that a compound so closely resembling 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-DET and 5-MeO-MiPT would be consistently dysphoric. I can believe that about a very atypical compound like salvinorin A, but with something like these tryptamines I would be tempted to attribute it to:
- idiosyncratic reactions
- set & setting
- a panic/terror reaction inherent to something qualitatively overwhelming like 5-MeO-DMT

It seems really strange that a compound so closely resembling 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-DET and 5-MeO-MiPT would be consistently dysphoric. I can believe that about a very atypical compound like salvinorin A, but with something like these tryptamines I would be tempted to attribute it to:
- idiosyncratic reactions
- set & setting
- a panic/terror reaction inherent to something qualitatively overwhelming like 5-MeO-DMT
I was talking about actual EiPT, one of the side effects noted by Shulgin tended to be dysphoria, though I do tend to abbreviate in some posts.

Oh sorry, then the comparison to 5-MeO's doesn't make sense - but it doesn't change that much about the point I tried to make.

Then again, I found MiPT very weird and not particularly enjoyable.