• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDMA - Experienced - A Beautiful Night on the Beach

PLURalism

Bluelighter
Ecstasy (experienced) : A Beautiful Night on the Beach

Dosage: we each took 1.5 yellow UFO pills containing MDMA and some speed
Setting: a deserted beach at Gulf Shores Alabama at night
'Tis a Beauteous Evening, Calm and Free - William Wordsworth
My boyfriend and I bought pills prior to Labor Day weekend, which we were to spend camping near the beach at Gulf Shores Alabama. I had been interested in rolling on the beach at night for some time, and was excited to finally have the chance, and with a guy I really care about no less. On Sunday night, we proceeded to the beach after sunset, carrying with us a ghetto blaster, CDs, marijuana, a glow in the dark star chart, Tiger Balm, eucalyptus oil, cigarettes, and beach blanket. We set up our blanket in what appeared to be a deserted area of beach, close to the shore, and proceeded to take 1/2 of a pill each (as we always do with a new type of pill). I chilled on the blanket admiring our surroundings as he walked around the beach looking for crabs. After about thirty minutes, I began to feel body tingles, and we noticed the wind picking up. It was becoming chilly, and we had not brought enough clothes. He decided to walk back to the car and retriev some clothes, and as I waited I began to "feel" the music emanating from the stereo and decided that the pills definitely contained MDMA, but a speedy sensation was definitely present as well . I don't very much like speedy pills, but I have come to the conclusion that they are hard to avoid. At least this pill contained real MDMA. I could already feel the warmth, tingles, sensitivity to light, and empathy creeping on. His return to the blanket prompted an enthusiastic MDMA-fueled welcome, and as we donned the warm clothes we decided to each take a whole pill.
After taking the whole pills, we decided to relocate the blanket to the more sheltered dune area of the beach. Sitting on the blanket, listening to a Sasha and Digweed CD, we marvelled at the stunning natural environment of the beach. Out above the ocean, lightning flashed on the horizon. Lightweight clouds moved in from the direction of those storms, but dispersed into fluffy, harmless clouds as they reached the shore. Looking inland, we saw an amazing array of stars, a sight we city dwellers rarely see. About half an hour after ingesting the full pills, I began to feel the effects in full force as my boyfriend was trying to explain the rules of rugby. At that point I was unable to focus on the topic at hand and instead remarked on the starscape and asked him how he was feeling. We looked at each others' eyes for pupil dilation and determined that we were indeed rolling well.
Because we had rolled together in a quiet setting and it had resulted in intense relationship-related revelations etc., and we now feel extremely comfortable with our feelings for each other, we tried to steer the conversation to other topics. Of course, we ended up telling each other how crazy we were about the other, as would be expected, and talked a bit about my job plans and his feelings about my uncertain location in the future. But we both were determined to not dwell on such a topic, and our conversation turned to other personal issues, our friends, travel, and many other topics I can't immediately recall.
We remained on the blanket in the dunes and occasionally walked down to the water. The sand and waves felt so sublime and we remarked on the amazing setting and how wonderful MDMA felt in such an environment. I recall saying that the sky that night was the best "lightshow" I had ever experienced, what with the stars, the crescent moon which rose in the sky, and the lightning in the distance. My boyfriend became a bit anxious about the movement of the clouds inland, but I reminded him of what he had told me earlier about the weather patterns of the Gulf. The storm clouds remained far out over the gulf, and we watched as they spun off little baby clouds that floated in above our heads and resembled dolphins, dinosaurs, and other creatures. We took out the star chart and used it to identify some constellations, and accented the wondrous natural environment of the beach with the the usual rolling accoutrements (menthols, Tiger Balm, eucalyptus oil). I felt the urge to move and danced on the sand for a while. I was in awe of the beauty of the night and we both remarked on what a great location we had found. As we began to come down, we smoked some herb and changed the music to chilled ambient tunes until we regretfully left the beach to return to our campsite. Although both of us experienced a speedy comedown due to the amphetamines in the pills, we remained in a good mood the next morning despite the fact that it our tent leaked during a downpour at about 10 AM and the loud RVs leaving the camping area disturbed our peace. The next day was a bit cracked-out but my boyfriend helped the day go by smoothly despite the unusually long drive in Labor Day traffic. Both of us concluded that the weekend had been a success and we were determined to come back and do it again. :)
[ 03 September 2002: Message edited by: PLURalism ]