• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-Htp and Es

oh also.. sunday night i didnt manage to get onto anything.. i just had one of these 5-htp caps and within 30mins i wasnt fuked or out of control in any way but i was certainly buzzed. kind of like 20mins after dropping when u know its coming, but ur in no way jumping out of ur skin or anything like that :)

well drugfuked i would like to thank you for idea of taking 5-htp's while on a come down im excited to see if this idea really works. im going to a rave this saturday and will let you know if it worked or not im keeping my fingers crossed!!!=D

^^^^keep em crossed, drugfuked stories seem, well......kinda drugfuked

etrhw

5htp shouldnt affect you after dropping it.
its like if you have a really big weekend and feel totaly fuked the next few days you take vitemans and 5htp to bring all the your body/brain levels back up so u can party the upcoming weekend.

yes it has been recommended for gettin ur body and mind back on track after big ones but seriously why would i come on here wasting my time to speak shit. im mearly offering u guys some advice based on my own and friends of mines experiences. last thing i ask for in return is some random implying im speaking shit for the fun ot it.

5-htp isnt exactly a well documented chemical not much is actually known about this substance as i said, my theory is this. while coming down the seratonin gland is relativly empty, although ur body may still be asking for more!!! the 5-htp consumption gives ur body a seratonin boost and then next thing ur fuked again :\ :)

its not all that hard to understand and i dont think that when they started marketing this shit theyre little lab tests included kunts coming down of pills 8)

again...

Not Much Is Actually Known About This Substance
or the 5-htp -> 5-ht -> seratonin Conversion

unless all that jibberish that velocideX posted actually means something ? lol does velocideX wanna give us a some dumb ass english explanation for the scientific stuff u posted? :)

drugfuked said:
this is my theory on it all. mdma tells ur brain to release seratonin right ?
well when ur body gets the dose of 5-htp it seems to convert it into seratonin rather quickly and well.. ur comin down off the mdma cause ur seratonin levels are dropping. the 5-htp hit suddenly gives ur brain a whole lot more seratonin to play with and kapow instant seratonin rush :D

= me on my ass with my eyes in the back of my head :p
If only the human body were that simple dude... :\

haha i dont believe its that simple :p thats just put into words that ppl like myself can understand lol im sure velocideX can translate it and put it into technical jibberish if u want ;)

drugfuked said:
5-htp isnt exactly a well documented chemical not much is actually known about this substance as i said, my theory is this. while coming down the seratonin gland is relativly empty, although ur body may still be asking for more!!! the 5-htp consumption gives ur body a seratonin boost and then next thing ur fuked again :\ :)

I'll think you'll find there's a lot of information on 5-HTP available... A search of pubmed returns 3853 hits for journal articles. That's not exactly insignificant.

The chemistry of the serotonin synthesis reaction is also well known.

What I've said does mean something -- perhaps take the time to read it thoroughly and have a think about it.

And drugfuked - there is no serotonin glan, and your theory isn't even logical anyway.

5-HTP could increase serotonergic effects, but that won't maintain the high as dopamine release is necessary for this, and 5-HTP will not release dopamine, only more MDMA will!

Indeed its akin to taking 5-HTP with a SSRI - it will increase extracellular serotonin levels, but you're running a risky game... serotonin syndrome is NOT pleasant.

drugfuked said:
haha i dont believe its that simple :p thats just put into words that ppl like myself can understand lol im sure velocideX can translate it and put it into technical jibberish if u want ;)

You might like to start with this. Understanding the root words; suffixes, prefixes etc as used in science and medicine helps heaps. You'll be reading biochemistry texts in next to no time :)

Have tried a few healthfood and vitamin stores in Sydney city, but response is always the same. Not available in NSW.
Found couple of sites in QLD that sell, but again, only to QLD residents.
Any suggestions on where I may be able to source 5-HTP caps?
My party weekends usually start on Saturdaty night and finish Monday, or occasionally Tuesday, so anything that may reduce pill consumption and/or assist recovery seems worth a try.

im in sydney. ordered mine from clubnatural.com few weeks ago, and they arrived within 8 working days with no problems...

doesnt MDMA inhibit the enzyme that converts 5HTP into seratonin? and there fore while theres MDMA in your system you cant just keep replacing your seratonin with 5HTP caps?

drugfucked, are you using strraight HTP or those caffeine ones, i can see how after taking that many pills a caffeine buzz would be the sh!t in comparison :\

MDMA inhibits the enzyme that converts tryptophan to 5-HTP, not 5-HTP to serotonin.

hey all..
well i finally got some of these last week (from clubnatural.com - best prices and 8 days delivery), and thought i'd try it out. had two capsules (100mg each) Sat morning, and went out that night. had a little ice beforehand, and then a qantas in halves. after a couple of hours had a couple more 5 htps and didn't really do anything i dont think?? was a tad disappointed... i suppose it could have made me feel happy (not euphoric but pleasantly happy) for a little longer than normal, and the ride back to reality was very very smooth...no bad feelings at all.

so perhaps it could be better next time...drugfuked how many and when do you take yours?

i would say.. 100/200mg 1hr - 2hrs b4 dropping. when im coming down ( around 4hrs after dropping ) i will have another 200mg and a rum and coke ;)

with in about 20 - 30mins im on my ass making funny faces :D

Don't expect to take 5htp and peak that only happens if your drugfucked. 5htp used to preload may help to better your experience or taken as a postload to soften the after effects but taking 5htp looking for that extra peak without extra substance is something I don't agree with.. placebo affect maybe.

yeah well it certainly didnt do much the other night for me. however, as i mentioned, it made for a comfortable ride back into reality, which was excellent!! i hate that feeling where you see glimpses of the real world as you're just starting to come down, but I still felt pretty happy by 6am the other morning.