Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-Htp and Es

drugfuked said:
btw dr beat, thats very shallow and stereotypical of u to say those things

If you were on pills you would not have said that...

HEY MAN! WHERE'S THE LOVE GONE ???

i didnt get a chance to test my theory last night cause yes oh my gawsh i didnt drop AGAIN! :O thats 2/2 nights goin out lol.. new record for the last 2 months :) im gettin off this shit lol but yeh i told an experienced friend about our little theorys and she said that last weekend she did the same thing.. dropped.. peaked.. came down.. had 2 5htp pills and within 60mins was asking her friend to call an ambulance ( he didnt bother ) cause she was peaking harder than she had in her life and really thought it was too much for her :) as if im not gonna do this every week lolol :D

5-htp + Es it fuking works :D

well guys heres my update from my little experiment with 5-htp and Es on the weekend. after i came down from my 2nd E i dropped a couple 5-htp caps on an empty stomach... 15mins later i was comin up again. 45mins later i was on my fuking arse, eyes in the back of my head, slurring my speech, giggling at nothing, and having bar tenders point out too me that im fuked :D gogo get some guys and give it a try u will not regret it :D

I'd also like toa dd the following:
An review of ecstasy studies done by Kish (2002) points out that there's very few accepted serotonin probes...

It's still highly disputed whether radiolabeled methyl-tryptophan uptake represents serotonin synthesis or merely methyl-tryptophan uptake:
Shoaf SE, Carson RE, Hommer D, Williams WA, Higley JD, Schmall B, Herscovitch P, Eckelman WC, Linnoila M. The suitability of [11C]-
alpha-methyl-L-tryptophan as a tracer for serotonin synthesis: studies with dual administration of [11C] and [14C] labeled tracer. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2000;20:244– 52.

Thanks VelocideX. Here's the abstract.

The suitability of [11C]-alpha-methyl-L-tryptophan as a tracer for serotonin synthesis: studies with dual administration of [11C] and [14C] labeled tracer.

Shoaf SE, Carson RE, Hommer D, Williams WA, Higley JD, Schmall B, Herscovitch P, Eckelman WC, Linnoila M.

Laboratory of Clinical Studies, DICBR, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, USA.

The tracer [11C]-alpha-methyl-L-tryptophan (alphaMTP) has been used to measure brain serotonin synthesis rates with positron emission tomography (PET). To address questions about the accuracy of the kinetic model, [14C]alphaMTP was used to directly measure conversion to [14C]-alpha-methyl-serotonin (alphaM5HT) in monkeys that had been previously studied with PET and [11C]alphaMTP. Four male, fasted, isoflurane-anesthetized rhesus monkeys were studied with [11C]alphaMTP and PET.

Immediately after the initial 3-hour scan, a second dose of [11C]alphaMTP was coinjected with 1 mCi of [14C]alphaMTP, and additional PET data were collected. Approximately 90 minutes after the second alphaMTP administration, the animals were killed with an overdose of phenobarbital, and brain samples from 21 regions were taken and analyzed by HPLC.

Minimal conversion of alphaMTP to alphaM5HT occurred; HPLC analysis of 14C radioactivity showed that greater than 96% of the total counts were in fractions corresponding to the alphaMTP peak. Brain concentrations of serotonin, tryptophan, 5-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid, and alphaMTP also were determined fluorometrically using external quantification. Patlak plots generated from PET images acquired over 3 hours showed no time period of linear increase, and final slopes were not significantly different from zero, consistent with the finding of minimal conversion to [14C]alphaM5HT.

These data indicate that in the 3-hour period after injection, [11C]alphaMTP is acting predominantly as a tracer of tryptophan uptake, not serotonin synthesis.

If anyone cares for it, get ahold of the full text version of the Kish (2002) paper... it's an extemely good read, and takes the shit out of Ricuarte's PET scans, on multiple grounds.

Here's the abstract:
Kish SJ. "How strong is the evidence that brain serotonin neurons are damaged in human users of ecstasy?" Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2002 Apr;71(4):845-55.

Abstract
Understanding the diverse functions of serotonin in the human brain can be obtained through examination of subjects having a lower than normal number of brain serotonin neurons. Behavioral abnormalities consistent with brain serotonergic damage have been reported in some polydrug users who also use the neurotoxin ecstasy (methylenedioxymethamphetamine, MDMA). This review evaluates the evidence from neuroimaging studies that brain serotonergic damage is a feature of human users of ecstasy. To date, neuroimaging studies designed to establish whether levels of brain serotonin neurons are lower than normal in ecstasy users have employed radioligands that bind to one component of the serotonin neuron, the serotonin transporter (SERT). Because these studies are methodologically flawed in terms of reliability or validity of the SERT measurement and appear to have employed polydrug users, no definitive information is yet available on the question of ecstasy toxicity to human brain serotonin neurons. Until these issues are resolved, it cannot be assumed that ecstasy exposure represents a chronic serotonin deficiency condition.

here we go tonight for round 3. if i have 2 5-htp caps while comin down and i end up on my ass again.. then i think we have a winner and a way to half E consumption and costs for a mad night out ;)

I'm begining to wonder that if taking 5-htp is more of a mental "I've taken something therefor i should peak harder" than actual real extra peaking effects... I do agree that it helps when taking multiple pills in a night and makes the day after alot smoother... But as for Peaking your head off 15minutes after being given a 5-htp cap? How long does it take to first absorb this chemical then convert it into serotonin? And will you really feel the effects so quickly?

Following on from 'drugfucked'.. I too have found latley that a reduction on pill intake at events/clubs has allowed me to enjoy myself one hell of alot more! I somehow got myself into a habit of going out to get e-tarded... Only recently after venturing out on 2c-i did i realise how e-tarded you look when taking many many pills...

As for pre-loading... I find some noticable effects from taking 1 dose (200mg) each night for three nights prior to an event.. And damn your dreams get weird!

Maybe he got extremely lucky

as the 5-htp was disspensing, the MDMA was withdrawing, creating a very special high :D

with the serotonin doin a quick lap around the brain before gettin dumped again!

this is my theory on it all. mdma tells ur brain to release seratonin right ?
well when ur body gets the dose of 5-htp it seems to convert it into seratonin rather quickly and well.. ur comin down off the mdma cause ur seratonin levels are dropping. the 5-htp hit suddenly gives ur brain a whole lot more seratonin to play with and kapow instant seratonin rush :D

= me on my ass with my eyes in the back of my head :p

yeh sorry its actually an ad campain :p i work for natures own and im releasing a new line of 5-htp caps ;)

hehe nah go try it man it works ey :) =D

I will, but it goings to be atleast a few months b4 I drop again. My body need a break from all drugs. My tolerance for weed + mdma is ridiculous.. must be cuz I've always smoked a crap load of weed, my tolerance for mdma built up a hell of alot quicker then anybody else going out with me.

I'll tell you what happens next time I drop.

Hopefully me stopping smoking now will help a hell of alot.

here we go tonight for round 3. if i have 2 5-htp caps while comin down and i end up on my ass again.. then i think we have a winner and a way to half E consumption and costs for a mad night out

Hey drugfuked we never really had a report back from your round 3 last Friday, would you like to give us an update

%)

i had two 5-htp caps b4 dropping and well.. u really dont wanna know :D

i had 2 smileys which well on any normal night would honestly not do all that much to me but wholey fuk! :D i was so gone its just not funny. i didnt realise how fuked i was :)

i was told later about lots of stupid stuff i did and yeh.. mmm bad :p

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135968&r=19

down the bottom there is a more detailed plan of my night.

let me just say that im not happy with wat i got up 2 on the night and this kind of behaviour WILL NOT be happening again ;) %8o :|