Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 2C-YN Thread

egore

Bluelighter
200px-2C-YN_skeletal.svg.png

2C-YN (1-(4-ethynyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane)

*No experience reports found - if you have one or know where one is posted, share it here!*

[original post:]

Stumbled across this and found little beyond a wiki entry stating it is slightly more potent than 2c-b. Its listed as 2c-yn.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting! no info for ya, but interesting for sure. wish you luck in finding more info...

Daniel Trachsel wrote an article about the synthesis of this compound. I am also pretty sure that his group has tried it. He is pretty responsive via e-mail, so I would shoot that man an e-mail if you want more info.

I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled upon this substance and want to learn more about it. Can maybe morninggloryseed or somebody else who has the pdf paper from its author, post it here or online ? The link provided in the previous post is expired now. would much appreciate it. thanks !

Sorry to bump this thread for a trivial reason, but I just learned that the ethynyl radical present in 2C-YN,

"is an abundant interstellar polyatomic molecule that does not occur naturally on Earth ... It has been detected in a large variety of interstellar environments, including dense molecular clouds, bok globules, star forming regions, the shells around carbon-rich evolved stars, and even in other galaxies." (wikipedia)

Fascinating %)

Propyl Power: for those of us who are more chemically clueless, can you link to the Wiki article about this enthynyl radical? Copy-pasting the parenthetical chunk of 2C-YN's chemical name that includes -enthynyl- was no good and I have not nearly enough knowledge of chemical naming nomenclature to figure out what it would be called on its own. That does indeed sound fascinating. I wonder how many potentially psychoactive molecules exist in 'nature' far away from Earth that humans have never happened to synthesise and test on themselves... For the same reasons people often assume alien life is almost inevitable in a large enough Universe, so too should some truly exotic extraterrestrial psychoactives, although unless they happen to broadcast some sort of patterned EM signal they're likely even more implausible to discover with no idea what we're looking for or where.

Sorry to bump this thread for a trivial reason, but I just learned that the ethynyl radical present in 2C-YN
Just to make sure you understand: There is a ethynyl group present in 2c-yn not a ethynyl radical. There is a big difference.

^ Ah, I was unaware, thanks for clarifying.

A couple of the definitions I found indicated that the terms are interchangeable, so that's what I assumed. :)

So the article re: interstellar origins is still relevant to the ethynyl 'group'? It's just the ethynyl radical's placement & properties in the molecule which determines its status of functional group. If I understand adequately.

Thanks for your patience, as you can tell chemistry is not my strong point! :)

So has there ever been any further assays in man since the last post in this thread that anyone is aware of?

I have one friend that had some 2C-YN. He sent me some, and he said he had only felt very mild effects when he tried it at 20 mg.

We are both reasonably experienced RC users. My friend is a person I trust in this matter.

I tried it twice, at 12 mg, then 18 mg. I felt 2C-YN like a nice psychedelic, similar to 2C-C. More clear and nice feel, short duration.

Every time I tried it it seemed to start in 20 in, then peak in another 20 min, over in 4 h or so.

One of the best psychedelics I ever tried. No bad side effects to mention, clear mind, in control, similar to
MDMA also, but not so rushy and emphatogenic like XTC. More like 2C-B, less visual, more clear mind.

Good sleep after.

I have just started to have a hint of CEV's at 18 mg.

I am planing to try all I have left ( aprox. 30 mg ) in my next try. I have a feeling it will be more intense and visual, hopefully still keeping the same nice
feeling I have experienced so far.

The chemistry of this substance is more involved and complicated that other PEA's, so this might make it more difficult to find. A pity, this is a nice RC.

Sounds interesting indeed, always curious to hear about new Phenethylamines. This appears very rare, is it in PHIKAL?

Nope, maybe in the Shulgin Index? Wikipedia says it's an analogue of 2C-E, could be interesting..

I think I've seen it offered (the amount of 2Cs make my head spin), anyone tried it apart from xwinorb?

It is not in PIHKAL. There is one entry in the Wikipedia under 2C-YN. From there you can find more references.

There are two good papers on it by Daniel Trachsel and Nichols. Easy to find. Use Google.

xwinorb, are you still around? How did that 30mg trial go? I am anxious to know. :)

Not a very hopeful bump I'm afraid, check his last activity date...

but I did update MGS' link to the paper.

Sorry, I have not tried it again yet. I am too busy with other things. I am reasonably sure it will be similar to previous experiences, just more intense.

^ Ah, I was unaware, thanks for clarifying.

A couple of the definitions I found indicated that the terms are interchangeable, so that's what I assumed. :)

So the article re: interstellar origins is still relevant to the ethynyl 'group'? It's just the ethynyl radical's placement & properties in the molecule which determines its status of functional group. If I understand adequately.

Thanks for your patience, as you can tell chemistry is not my strong point! :)

I can't see why it would be or what they are trying to say with that statement.
A radical is simply an ion or molecule with an unpaired valence electron, the ethynyl group simply refers to the group with the C-triple bond-C coming out the back of the aromatic ring.
I would imagine that an ethynyl radical could likely not be found naturally on earth, but much are the same for many compounds we have created synthetically.
I'm unsure how a radical on that group would even be formed, I can't see any way of it being sterically stabilized in that position.

Hello all, I have a 25mg dose of 2C-YN. I have not seen any trip reports anywhere, other than some indicated dosages here and there. Anyways, I will be doing an insufflation trail of the 25mg. Does anyone have any other info? I am already prepared to go into this without much more knowledge, which is honestly next to nothing