• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, here it is! I will add more later when I have some time. In the meantime, post up your methods/comments/concerns/things to watch out for/equipment/etc. This thread is not meant for off-topic chatter or comments about how gay or disgusting rectal administration is, so please leave those kinds of posts out. If this thread doesn't get very large (which I suspect it might not), I'll turn it into a guide to rectal administration instead.

Also, here is a link to a Complete Anal Administration FAQ. It's focused on Ecstacy pills and opiates, but it's pretty detailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive found rectal administration of 2c-x compounds to be far superior method of administration than oral. Dont forget to adjust your dose accordingly, though, I believe using somewhere between 30 and 40 percent of your normal oral dose is a good starting point. You can always bump a little more up there as needed.

Rectal administration of 2c-x compounds makes for a shaker come up (seriously, it feels shaky to me) but the come up phase is shorter thus, in my opinion, easier to handle. There is usually less body load as well during the rest of the trip. The whole experience seems to be more defined as well, i.e come up, plataeu and then the effects seem to taper off fast. With oral admin, there seems to be some blending of these three phases and the effects seem to linger on longer (not necessarily a good thing when you want to sleep afterwards). Besides, with rectal admin you are streching your supply further. Honestly, give it a try next time. Come to the darkside. You'll convert to rectal if you havent already =D

I agree it's a legit thing to do with 2Cs. Oral has its benefits but plugging tends to reduce or completely eliminate body load, so if that's a concern of yours it's something you might wanna consider.

you can go to a pharmacy and ask for a dropper, or a syringe without a needle, or whatever you wanna call it...and odds are, they'll have one lying around for free or will sell you one for some insignificant price. Take your chem, dilute it, put it in your pooper. The more liquid you have in your solution, the less unpleasant it'll be absorbing a dose. Just keep in mind it'll feel a bit weird going in and may feel like you've gotta take a dump for the next ten mins or so.

I think I may have to try this method soon if I get into the RC's, seems a hell of a lot more effective. I was going to try it with X, but never really got the chance before I pretty much dropped the drug.

Someone (jamshyd?) mentioned administration of freebase compounds (which do not readily dissolve in water) with oil instead of water, and one can even do without the syringe then.

I wonder what the (dis)advantages are of oil resp. water, and whether a syringe is required for optimum absorption (i.e. does the material have to go as far up as the squirt of the dropper will send it?)

considering you can put a dry roll up your ass without incident, I doubt it makes a difference whether freebase is diluted in oil, or even diluted at all. I plugged dry 2C-E with a finger before too. I only bother adding water for convenience.

yeah, i use oil for convenience too. just wondered whether it in any way affects absorption.

It's actually a great way to get more out of your drugs. Less amount needed = less money needed to spend on it.

By the way, for those who feel that this is "gay". You just need to be sure about your sexuality first. If you already were, you wouldn't have a problem with it ;)

I've never tried plugging without a syringe or gel cap, but it seems to me that putting a chemical on your finger, with oil or otherwise, would make it very difficult to be sure you got it all in there, plus, as you mentioned, it won't go far in.

Am I missing something about this method?

I don't think it's gay, I just can't see myself doing it. I mean, it can't feel good.

^^ It doesn't, but then again neither does coming up on a psychedelic, or insufflation. Actually, insufflation hurts far, far, far worse than plugging.

In any case, to each his own. I certainly understand not wanting to do it. But for me, the benefits (much less body load, faster come-up, lesser dosage) far outweighed the idea of discomfort. I tried it and found it to be quite painless and easy.

Rectal administration has proved to be the most effective administration method for me for most materials. I had almost sworn off phenethylamines forever due to extreme body load until I discovered this method.

Potential Effects:

Positive

May significantly reduce body load
May provide a much smoother and faster onset
May reduce the required dose

Neutral

May reduce the duration of the experience

Negative

A minority of people report rectal burning
May cause a feeling of needing to defecate. This passes
Difficult administration method. Not very portable
May provide an extremely rapid, unpleasant onset*

Method:

Materials: 1 to 5 ml syringe without needle; lubricant; shot glass

Procedure:

Place dose in shot glass. Draw 1-3 ml of clean warm water or other suitable solvent into syringe. Place solvent into shot glass with dose. Dissolve dose. Draw dose solution back into syringe. Place a small amount of lubricant on end of syringe.

Recline upside down, back against the wall, legs over the head. Carefully insert syringe well into anus, and eject dose. Remove syringe and clean with warm soapy water.

I experience an immediate feeling of needing to defecate, but this passes after about 20-30 minutes. It is uncomfortable but certainly tolerable. Many people raise the question of leakage. I have not experienced it, not do I expect many people would. Our bodies are well designed in this regard. Often I will lay down and rest as the effects come up.

I find this method significantly reduces body tremors, gastro-intestinal discomfort and nausea.

Further Notes:

60 mg of DPT administered rectally was mostly inactive.

Rectal administration of 2C-T-2 reduced the onset from about 1.75 hours (oral) to about 20-30 minutes. An equivalent dose of 15 mg oral, was found to be about 10 mg rectal.

2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-2, 2C-B, MDMA and Methylone have all been administered rectally with great success with results typical to the 2C-T-2 stated above.

* One of the negative effects I listed above was due to another’s experience with rectal administration. She administered 10 mg of 2C-T-2 and 75 mg of MDMA together, and had an extremely rapid and uncomfortable onset, leaving her very disoriented and nauseous within 5 minutes of dosing. This leads me to recommend that caution be taken. Begin experimentation with small doses, perhaps half of what you would normally ingest.

If I were allowed to have one vote for the psychedelic community, I would vote to have the term “plugging” removed from the psychedelic lexicon. Rectal administration is already a point of discussion plagued with insecurity. Such a title does nothing to dignify the method. But, perhaps this only demonstrates some underlying insecurity of my own … :\

Xorkoth, thank you for initiating this thread. Every other rectal thread in this database has been bastardized with idiotic chatter. Lets keep this one clean friends. To do otherwise only means more busywork for Xorkoth later in cleaning the thread. I say that with the utmost respect for others. Peace. :)

^ Great post!

I want to add that my method is exactly the same, to a detail, as Drug Geek's. I have also never experienced leakage, although some people say they have a hard time holding it in. Then again, some people say it burns them horribly, whereas for me, I've never had more than a passing tingle with anything except once when I used a bit too much HCl (8o 8o) when converting a freebase.

Anyway, I do make sure to stay partially upside-down for about 20-30 seconds after application to make sure it goes up enough to stay put easier. I try to stay laying down on my back for at least 1/3 of the time it takes to come up, just to make sure it stays in. But I've also been unable to do so at all and as long as I kept my ass clenched a bit, there was no problem at all.

It really is the best method of administration for most substances, especially phenethylamines since they tend to have a more uncomfortable and longer come-up. Dose is significantly reduced (sometimes to 30 or 40% of the oral dose!), come-up is much shorter and less physical (although mentally is can be even more intense, but I'm to the point where come-up anxiety is usually physical). The state is smoother as a whole, and the trip is shortened, but only by a bit over oral.

I'm surprised anyone complains about plugging being uncomfortable. The head of a syringe is smaller than a turd and a bit of liquid is smoother than a turd. If you can take a shit, you can plug drugs.

all this instruction almost seems like overkill to me personally. I figured this crap out on my own after a trial and error of perhaps two or three experiences. Aside from the integral tenets of plugging like oral dose %, pros and cons, etc...I think it'd be nice to have a list in this thread of chems that're indisputably ineffective or less effective via rectal admin; a sorta heads up to other users and whatnot. I myself have never regretted a dose, but I'm sure there are those who have, and can share that useful info with the rest of us.

nbsp said:
all this instruction almost seems like overkill to me personally. I figured this crap out on my own after a trial and error of perhaps two or three experiences.

Well, so did I and a lot of us. But it seems valuable to have a guide anyway, as frankly, people can be idiots as is shown time and time again. Not to mention I have been asked on numerous occasions via PM and have seen threads posted a few times on how to effectively plug.

nbsp said:
I think it'd be nice to have a list in this thread of chems that're indisputably ineffective or less effective via rectal admin; a sorta heads up to other users and whatnot

I wholeheartedly agree.

Here is my list:

Chems for which it works exceptionally well which I have tried:
  • All 2C-Xs (especially 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-T-21, and 2C-T-7) - the dose is reduced by around 50% if not more, and any gastrointenstinal discomfort or nausea is virtually eliminated. 2C-T-7 in particular was a wonderful, glowing, euphoric experience this way with no body load, no nausea, and strong sexual enhancement. 2C-B and 2C-C are ones that did burn me a bit, but it faded within minutes and was way easier than insufflation or sublingual absorbtion.
  • 4-AcO-DMT - talk about a fast come-up with about 50% less material. I've been practically incapacitated doing this

Chems for which it works moderately well which I have tried (that is, it's worth it to do but not hugely beneficial over oral):
  • DOC (probably all DOX) - it makes them hit faster by a bit but the dose seems the same and I'd rather take at least DOC orally as it's already smooth and quick that way
  • AMT - the dose remains the same but the come-up is less physical and jittery, the body load is less, and the dreaded headaches are usually eliminated. Works best if converted to a salt in my experience. It's worth noting that I almost always take AMT rectally, and AMT is perhaps my most often used psychedelic at the moment

Chems for which I would not repeat rectal administration which I have tried:
  • 5-MeO-MiPT - Less effective than oral
  • DPT - Tried it once at 30mg this way as an introduction but got no effects at all.

Something everyone has so far forgot to mention. You need to make sure that you don't have anything in the colon that might absorb the dose (yes we're talking shit here!). You have to evacuate your bowels if they're not empty, either naturally or with an enema. Failing to do so can result in the majority of the dose being absorbed by the faeces.

Has anyone tried 5-meo-dmt plugged?? I am thinking about 10mg plugged. I have been looking around and not seeing much info on this m.o.a. Will I still need mao inhibition for it to be effective?? I have been contemplating trying plugging with 5-meo-dmt as it is too short smoked, hurts incredibly bad insufflated, and tastes god awful sublingually (even with 750mg of gaba to tyr unsuccessfully to mask the taste).
Any input guys?

And d'oh! I knew I forgot something. That something happened to be the mention of a full colon causing the dose to be absorbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Potential Effects:

Positive

May significantly reduce body load
May provide a much smoother and faster onset
May reduce the required dose

I need to interject here just to balance out this thread which seems to have nothing
but positive reports of rectal dosing. IMO, rectal admin has few redeeming qualities.
For me effects consist of:

Increased body load
Uncomfortably fast come up
Higher peak, but shorter plateau

Since I find the plateau to be the useful part of a trip, I found rectal dosing to be a
much less useful way to administer a psychedelic drug. This could be changed if there
was repeated rectal dosing, but oral admin is much easier than repeated rectal.

If you look at the attached pic, you can get an idea of how IV has no plateau, IM or
rectal (similar) have a short "plateau", and oral has a long and steady plateau. This
is why I always go the oral route. I would try repeated IM administrations of smaller
doses if conserving material was the goal, butthis requires making sure everything is
sterile and can be more complicated than rectal.

Oh and one last thing ... rectal can be great for low dose or more recreational substances
where the plateau is not necessarily important.

Last edited:
Thanks Dodante, you elaborate on the fact that not everything effects everyone in the same manner, and that is an important point. I very purposely use the words "may cause" in my effects above, and even listed contradictory effects in the positive and negative lists for this reason.

It seems rectal works very well for many people, but not everyone. It is certainly advisable to be very graceful in ones approach, starting with a low dose, and finding out if it works for you before jumping in full bore.