• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Snorting Ecstasy Vs. Snorting Cocaine

"Freshly Baked"

Bluelighter
Is snorting ecstasy more damaging to your nose than cocaine. I know coke ruins your nose, but to me, if something that doesn't even hurt to snort ruins your nose, what does E that makes me well up after doing a gagger going to do to me?

if something that doesn't even hurt to snort ruins your nose, what does E that makes me well up after doing a gagger going to do to me?
wtf are you saying

He wants to know what damages the inside of the nose more, ecstasy or cocaine. I personally don't know but i'd take a guess at ecstasy.

You'd have to snort a lot to ever do any damage. I doubt you'd achieve that if you use pills in moderation, and if you don't you'd have other problems before your nose started falling apart.

I'd agree with ^
Unless you have a serious MDMA tolerance and are constantly (and I mean constantly) chasing the high, you're never going to stick enough up your nose to do anything more than make it sore or maybe bleed. If you could keep doing it then with how unpleasant it was in the first place, then you're stronger than me.
Serious cocaine users end up damaging their noses through a very large amount of abuse.

I dunno about this one. I had some coke once that was so bad it really felt like it had been cut with crushed glass. Me and my mate both had sore noses for weeks if not months afterwards and this gear came from my cousin so not as if I picked it up on the street.

I always sniff things especially E as it prevents me throwing up but I'm pretty sure there is some correlation between sniffing and infections i.e the cold, flu or other bacterial or viral infections.

Anyway, if you're gonna sniff stuff don't use bank notes or anything unclean and don't share your snorting tube.

well, i can personally attest that coke will majorly fuck up your nose. ive never had a nosebleed with ecstasy, but then ive never snorted as much e as i have coke.

Yeah, I ALWAYS keep saline solution from the drug store after a night of sniffing anything its a good idea to FLUSH it out the night of and the day after...
I think the big problem with people talking about sniffing E is that I always get the annoying comment " you'll go blind " ...and im like CHRIST another dumb ass perpetuating the slightlest chance event ...

Freshly Baked said:
Is snorting ecstasy more damaging to your nose than cocaine. I know coke ruins your nose, but to me, if something that doesn't even hurt to snort ruins your nose, what does E that makes me well up after doing a gagger going to do to me?
Coke will dehydrate your nose, also causing the bleeding. Also coke is snorted in bigger quantities than pills, unless you snort 3+ pills in a night.

BTW, snorting pills is stupid. Oral is a very effective route. And the "rush" just makes me feel jerky and uncomfortable.

Sprinklervibes said:
BTW, snorting pills is stupid. Oral is a very effective route. And the "rush" just makes me feel jerky and uncomfortable.

Why is snorting pills stupid? It cures my nausea :p

I ate an e pill and it was pretty much a waste of 10 Dollars... I snorted an E pill and I had a great night.

If you want to snort your your MDMA, at least get pure stuff so you're not just sticking binding agents up there and you can choose how much you take.

The main reason why some cocaine burns more than other is because the cocaine has residual acid inside. When cocaine is proccessed, hydrocloric acid is used to turn the freebase into hcl (the shit you rail). Afterwards, it is washed, usually with acetone to remove the acid. This step is usually rushed and there will most likely be some acid left over in the cocaine. Believe me, the acid will eat away at your nose a hell of a lot faster than cocaine ever will.

As for railing pills, its safe, but you will have shit dried up in your nose the next day from the fillers.

I've never snorted E pills but i've snorted MDMA powder before . I am not sure of the purity of the MDMA but w/e it was it really burnt like hell at first. Then it tool like 15-20 mins to kick in . I prefre oral use much more though.
In other note cocaine fuckes up the nose so much cause of the large quantity of it taken. I had only 2 lines 5 days ago and my nose still burns. It came up with some kinda cold as well since i was having running nose and alot of sneezing the other day .

Freshly Baked said:
I know coke ruins your nose, but to me, if something that doesn't even hurt to snort...

Cocaine doesn't often hurt due to that fact that it is an anaesthetic agent.

Prior to the advent of 'modern' anaesthetic agents such as lignocaine, prilocaine, bupivocaine etc., cocaine was used for surgery. In fact it was first used in dentistry as an anaesthetic. Today it is still used in surgery at 4% (off memory).

As such, the 'pain killing/ numbing' effect causes it to be less comfortable in general.

Also, as stated earlier, cocaine is processed using HCl (hydrochloric acid), so some HCl may be still in the powder. Furthermore, who the hell knows what some cooks or dealers down the line have cut it with? These additional diluents might be caustic as well.

Carsick said:
If you want to snort your your MDMA, at least get pure stuff so you're not just sticking binding agents up there and you can choose how much you take.

And coke, speed etc doesn't have cuts 8)

Both cocaine and MDMA powder are usually sold as the HCl salt, but I'm not 100% sure if the HCl accounts for all of the nasal damage. You are more likely to overdo it with cocaine because, as Fodder mentioned, it numbs you so you can't feel the pain, and also, you're likely to snort more of it in one session.

Coke is ALOT more damaging as it constricts the blood vessels and cuts off blood supply. In the end you get what is the equivalent to frost bite. I can confirm this as my nose is alot thinner than it was. Infact everytime you snort you are killing blood vessels that the mdma would not affect nearly as much. The damaage done by mdma would heal whereas if the blood vessels are dead they cannot heal themselves.

I find snorting ecstasy burns a lot more initially than coke does.
On coke tho i notice il be sniffing all night afterwards and it will sort of sting. With ecastasy that doesnt happen.

drivensnow said:
Coke is ALOT more damaging as it constricts the blood vessels and cuts off blood supply. In the end you get what is the equivalent to frost bite. I can confirm this as my nose is alot thinner than it was. Infact everytime you snort you are killing blood vessels that the mdma would not affect nearly as much. The damaage done by mdma would heal whereas if the blood vessels are dead they cannot heal themselves.

Cocaine can be a slight vasoconstrictor, meaning that the blood vessesls in the soft tissue contract and allow less blood flow. If you snort all night, then the vessels are constricted for a non-physiological amount of time, which can cause damage. In addition, the HCl or other impurities cause damage compounding the problem.