Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

5-meo-DPT - First Time - A hint of toxic bliss

cognitor

Bluelighter
5meoDPT.

dose: 8 mg, oral, on an empty stomach

four of us.

t 0.00 we were originally planning on doing this in a park nearby, but when we got there it started raining. so we stopped at a nearby gazebo and took the pills and headed back to the dorm.

t 0.05 first alert, a quickening of the heart

t 0.15 muscle tension in the jaw, head and arms - good thing i took 500 mg
magnesium about an hour earlier.

t 0.30 no obvious effects yet, but it's getting quite hard to focus as i type this. sigur ros is playing in the background. a bit of nausea. not too bad. my body temperature has risen slightly and there are afterimages that last longer than they should. the psychedelic train of thought is becoming more accessible.

t 0.35 i feel almost sedated. the body is *very* comfortable. so far, no negative body load. time dilation is highly, uh, there.

t 0.55 very slight breathing of things around me. maybe this thing is finally taking off it's hard to keep my eyes open. there isn't any socialization going on in our group. we're all laying down quietly and listening to music.

t 1.20 waves of very gentle euphoria are pushing me into a weak +3 and then i fall to a medium +2. there's real potential here. it's very pleasant, i can feel myself wanting to go out of body. mild CEVs of sparkling patterns and sweeping spirals. things are sliding around a little. i feel, well, mellow. no negative corners to speak of.

t 2.20 i like this stuff a lot. it's hard to concentrate right now. i'm listening to bjork's vespertine and my mind is just fading in and out of itself. somewhere in the past hour i got caught up in a big wave of something-ethereal and went to lay down. i have constant CEVs of brilliant flashing lights. if i move my hand in front of my closed eyes i can see the trail. i feel majestic. there's no other word for it. still i'm mostly together. i can type even though i can't think. not a social drug. i haven't said one word in the last two hours.
i don't even know how to talk. blissful, mellow, calm and consistent. that's right now in a nutshell. my chest feels constricted, the same way it does on DPT, but it's a mild thing and can be overlooked. I feel floaty, my skin is a bit desensitized. it's like... the neutrality of 2c-c mixed with the sensitivity of 4-ace-dipt. Although of course I shouldn't make any comparisions. the
material is peaking now.

t 4.30 just got back from going out to get some food. it's very easy to maintain composure in public, and there's no paranoia at all. there's a lot of dizzyness coupled with a desire to lay down. food tastes as it should, and i was actually hungry (which is a rarity on psychedelics). I'm completely down now. at about T-2.30, some stimulation made itself known, and it's still around. in a couple more hours i imagine it will be gone completely. 8 mg was fun, but i wouldn't go higher - i was a little uneasy at the highest point. this just isn't a psychedelic that can be taken to high levels safely. this seems to be a theme among all the 5-meos, for some reason.
i'd do it again, but no higher than this level. It was very introspective, I didn't feel like talking or really doing anything - for the most part i just lounged around and listened to music. no clear or beautiful CEVs or OEVs. it feels like this drug would have real power farther up the dosage chain, but there's a strange sense of foreboding surrounding that concept, at least for me. all in all, a success. further plans are to test it through smoking and combination with other psychedelics. could be a real potentiator.

t 8.00 just a quick note: the stimulation is gone now, and the only effect left is some aching in my chest and arms, and moderate time dilation.

in short:
5meoDPT is disassociative, sedative, yet it has very real psychedelic and aphrodisiac properties. it has a slow come-up, and is mentally quite intense, also physically *extremely* relaxing. i could mix it with MiPT to try to bring up the intensity a little, but it doesn't feel safe to increase the dosage of 5meoDPT any more. thanks for reading.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_5meodpt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no expectations for 5-MeO-DPT, but I sure look foward to seeing what this one does fpr me over the course of the summer. Unless reports come out to show some definite toxic/dangerous effects with this one; I'm going to go ahead and start at 5mg and dose up till I find what it really does...good or bad. It can't be worse than 5-MeO-DiPT! That was the worst. Thank you for writing this.

Very interesting. Thanks for the well-needed report. I'll be looking into this chemical in the future. It seems to have some similarities with DPT but a remarkebly unique character.

when I used to do DPT is would also make me a little hungry.

DPT never made me hungry. I wouldn't be able to eat more over a day after doing it.

Why do you say "hints of toxic bliss." I read it twice but can't find anything about it being toxic. I saw "no negative..." a few times. But that is it.

during the trip I was convinced that if I took the dosage any higher,
it would be dangerous and/or toxic. and this comes from pure
suggestion, I'd wager, from reading shulgin's less-than-positive
notes on the substance. but still. the disassociative nature of it
was a little unsettling. well, at least post-experience it was unsettling.

warning!

I had a very bad experience with this chemical. I was going to submit a report to Erowid but I never got around to it. I have a detailed report buried somewhere on my computer but for now I'll just give you a brief summary of the experience.

I took 10mg of 5-MeO-DPT orally. I didn't notice any significant psychedelic effects except for some slight pupil dilation. One hour into the experience I noticed that my extremities started to get numb. They felt like pins and needles, similar to the way your leg feels when you sit on your leg and it falls asleep due to loss of blood circulation. This freaked me out since it seemed like the chemical was messing with my blood circulation and possibly my heart. I just sat still most of the time and tried to calm myself down. I figured an increased heart rate due to nervousness wouldn't help the situation. The numbness started to fade about 1.5 hours into the experience and the total duration of the experience was about 3-4 hours.

I've tried a wide spectrum of psychedelics including most of the more obscure research chemicals, but I have never had an experience like this. That experience definitely dulled my desire to explore lesser known psychedelics.

If you choose to explore this chemical please use EXTREME caution. I would recommend starting at a much lower dose such as 6mg or 4mg, possibly even 2mg. And it may be a good idea to have a blood pressure monitor handy, or at the very least keep track of your pulse.

i'd just like to point out that i've noticed numbing of extremities
on several different psychedelics, so it's not necessarily noteworthy
one way or the other. also my bpm at max was around 95.

When you say "it's very easy to maintain composure in public, and with no paranoia, how much social interaction were you having, to make that statement, just wandering in public, or actually talking and interacting, shopping, cooking, catching buses.....???

it aws a good reading, thanks ! it seem to be less intense than dpt though i've no personnal experience with dpt.
you said your thoughts were relatively clear...have you got good insights ?
can you think about elaborated concepts under the influence of this material ?

to Mean Girl:

I could talk to cashiers, figure money out, order food
and idly chat with some non-trippers who were around.
plus remember to stay in the same building while my food
was being cooked, and then remembering to listen for my name
and getting my food :)

to lysergication:

far, far less intense than DPT. not even worth comparing.
my thoughts were clear, but more like "sober-clear" then
"insight-clear". i didn't push the drug internally, so i don't
know.

having done 5-meo-MiPT now, the length of action
and intensity of action is somewhat similar:

as in, 8 mg 5meoMiPT = 8 mg 5meo DPT

the 5meoDPT was much less stimulative, much more disassociative.

peace

Some people get toxic effects with morning glory seeds (numbness or pain in the arms and legs) and others don't. Some get bad tremors and even convulsions with ethocin and iprocin and others don't. Some get very sick and feel terrible with Ü-MT and Ü-O-DMS, and others don't. 5-MeO-DET was called a "torture psychedelic" by Shulgin, yet I know of one who finds .5mg to be a great sex drug and general sensory enhancer. I get bad side-effects from 2C-T-2. Others don't.

Point is, I hope others are able to not be effected by the side-effects 5-MeO-DPT you and some others found with it. I hope are able to explore it at levels higher than 8mg to see what this stuff really does. Maybe the magic is in smoking it like with DPT. I will explore 5-MeO-DPT sometime this summer, but will start out with eating it.

morninggloryseed said:
Ü-MT and Ü-O-DMS

Now you're just making stuff up! ;)

Are those alpha symbols? I'm guessing you mean AMT and 5-meo-AMT, but I've never seen it written like that.

Also, I believe people who get toxic effects from HBWR/MG seeds may simply have poor bloodflow and are more susceptible to vascoconstriction. Small doses of amphetamine makes my hands cold and pink, so I'm not surprised lysergic acid amides often put me through torture.

sounds alot like what I experienced on regular DPT, which I didn't like, bad physical, not so good mental, decent visual

5-MEO-DPT: I'll pass.....

There was a time that whenever a compound out of PIHKAL or TIHKAL became available somewhere, I just had to do it. I loved being able to say 'there's one more I've tried'. Now that sort of attitude srikes me as incredibly irresponsible and juvenile. Aside from the obvious dangers associated with experimenting with research chemicals, the truth is, most of the 'new' things that come out on the 'gray market' are highly overrated. Their effects rarely justify the considerable risk involved in taking them.

I think it's foolish to excitedly run out to sample any new thing that comes off the production line of one of these gray market suppliers 'just because you can'.

I have no idea how much longer the RC scene will last, but the growing numbers of trip reports on the net that appear to be written by 'Bill and Ted' types who have orderd chem's off the net using Mom and Dad's money or some such can only hasten the inevitable day when these substances are no longer available. I read one report at Erowid (I believe) in which one 'dude', after describing an incredibly irresponsible experiment with 2CT2 and 2CI, excitedly rambled how he "just can't wait to try 2CT21!", the way a 9 year old kid might speak excitedly about his expectations for Pokemon 3 after having just seen Pokeman 1 and 2. This is scary stuff.

Last edited: