View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

amnesiaseizure

Bluelighter
Well. I think it's all a bit crap really. Nothing that other drugs can't do ten times as well. Try mushrooms with a hint of mdma. Not this.

around 35mg. Really though, however much stronger this could get with greater dosages I wouldn't want it. Visuals? - personally I couldn't care much for visuals anyway but these were nothing that shrooms couldn't beat hands down. And mindfuk? Not a lot but what there was felt more like a kind of dirty intoxication, not like the clarity of acid.

So anyway, after a bit of MDMA I seem to be feeling a sprite more perky. And have ordered a pizza.

i have gotten mixed results with TMA-2. check out the reports at Erowid, they are all over the road. part of the problem seems to be that as the dose approaches what is needed for the good psychedelic effects the feeling of it being toxic or 'dirty' gets worse.

Out of interest are you sure the TMA-2 was pure?

Last edited by a moderator:
As sure as i can be. Very dirty feeling though. Being vegan makes for a very susceptable system to the full effects of the drug and i just don't like it. Not from a squat party by the way.

Half a dozen friends of mine have been experimenting on this chemical for quite a while now (I haven't had time yet though). They have gone through 25-50mg ranges and many have found out that TMA-2 is a superb psychedelic in its own right. 40mg was quite good for most people, for some it was not enough and they went on to 50mg, which proved out to be quite strong one. Strong visuals manifested
at 40mg+ levels together with gentle but interesting psychedelic mental effects. A couple of people were not that fond of the material and dropped this substance after a couple of trials. Most people got some slight physical discomfort at 40mg+ levels during the T+40-100min area,
but all of that vanished when full psychedelic effects showed up. Many of my friends found that TMA-2 trip "transformed" or "evolved" towards the end to a different kind of experience and several people keep it at least as interesting substance as mushrooms, 2c-b or mescaline. Needless to say, I am anxious to try it too, but that might have to wait until later this year.

Yeah I've tried TMA-2 at 40mg. I found it to be pretty powerful, more so than 2C-I or 2C-B. It had more of a mind warping effect along with the visuals, sort of like an elastic felling if that means anything. However it didn't feel particularly good at times. I got amphetamine style skin crawling/itching and at times I was overheating and sweating. The psychedelic effect decayed quicker than the stimulation and I couldn't sleep for ages afterwards. Next day I was tired and drained. I really prefer psychedelics that don't drain my body. Both TMA-2 and the extremely similar TMA-6 did this but 2C-B/I don't and hence are preferable.

The TMA Series Thread

^^^^^^^^^^

Any words come to mind to distinquish the effects of TMA-2 from TMA-6? Differences in length, potency, visual properties, somatic disturbances, etc? Thank you.

It's quite hard to say really. I suppose I'm quite lucky to have tried both but there was nearly a year between the two experiences. This report details my TMA-6 experience

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50577&highlight=TMA6

I didn't write a report for the TMA-2. However both substances felt extremely similar. Both seemed to affect mind and vision in the same manner., with rushy style effects similar to MDMA and visuals similar to the 2C series. I think TMA-2 at 40mg had more of a "toxic" amphetamine type feel than TMA-6 at the same doseage and at points I worried for my health (dizziness, fuzzy feeling like I was closing off, overheating) . Apart from that the duration and onset were about the same. My sleep was more disturbed on TMA-2 but I didn't have any GHB. I also didn't smoke any weed on TMA-2. Overall I preferred TMA-6. Another issue is that the TMA-2 was obtained as a powder and an accurate dose was measured while the TMA-6 was obtained as a solution in a vial supposedly containing 30mg.

My experiences with TMA-2 have been in the range of 40-80mg. I've tried it at least 6 times, and each of my trips were similar, but quite unique. I found at the 40mg range, it was a pleasant high, with some nice visuals, nothing like acid or shrooms though. Almost like it was computer generated. As you increased the dose, the visuals also increased. I did also experinence some of the amphetamine type uncomforts, but not nearly as strong as if I was doing crystal meth, quite easy to handle. I loved the mental state it put me in. Quite unlike acid or shrooms, which I love for their own aspects. But unlike shrooms or acid, which I find experiences to be, sometimes, quite like a mirror being put up to you, baring everything before you, whether you like it or not. You are forced to deal with it, or face having a very bad trip (unless you have some real good friends around to talk you down). TMA-2, on the other hand, you are able to sift through everything in your mind more easily, focusing more closely on certain things. Almost impossible to have a bad trip like acid or shrooms (unless you mix it with other drugs, which is another story for another time). While not quite as enlightening as the tryptamines, with a more "chemically electric" feel to it, it is definately worth trying.

I've become more and more interested in TMA-4 and TMA-5. While they didn't have the potency of TMA-2 and TMA-6, they are still active. And they are more potent than the parent molecule, TMA, which is about 2Xs as strong as mescaline. You could technically call

I bet TMA-4 and TMA-5 may hold some surprises. I'd also be interested in exploring some positional isomers of the 2Cs, and their corresponding alpha-methylated counterparts, with the same positioning as TMA-4 and TMA-5. There might be a few gems in there. You never know until you try them out. And there are a lot to try. Especially considering the "psi" positional isomers (2,4,6 numbering like TMA-6) of the 2Cs still need exploring. So many possibilities! And for each one, there is a possible alpha-methyl homologue. And for each PEA and alpha-methylated PEA, there is a possible beta-ketone and N-hydroxy analogue that may also be active and interesting.

yes, there are so many molecules, so little time..

.. now that I have tried TMA-2, I can say that it is quite unique in its effects and I personally like it a lot (although only one trial of 55mg is done now). TMA-6 would be interesting as well as 2,4,6 positional isomer of 2C-E (what would you call it btw.. 6C-E? heh).

^^^^^^

No, it would be called psi-2C-E. Shulgin calls the 2Cs with the 2,4,6 pattern the "psi" series. The 2C has nothing to do with the position of the substitutions, but rather the fact that the molecule has two carbons at the alpha-position. 2C-B is the "two carbon version " of DOB. 2C-E is the "two carbon version " of DOET. 3C-P is the "three carbon version" of P, or proscaline. 3C-E is the "three carbon version" of Escaline. And so on. Nothing to do with the numbering of the substitutions in the benzene ring.

yes, i have tried TMA-2 a few times, and i liked it. The effects were, to me, somewhat dysphoric with beautiful visuals similar to those of many phenetylamines, but less colourful. I had been taking a high dose of 2C-I earlier on the evening of my most memorable TMA-2 experience, and that may have influenced it a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found TMA-2 to be mildly pleasant, but nothing special. I don't remember enough about it to write a full blown trip report.

bloodpromise said:
But yes, i have tried TMA-2 a few times, and i liked it. The effects were, to me, somewhat dysphoric (...)

I found it somewhat dysphoric, too. And I wondered whether it was set/setting or the substance. It's only been one trial so far, so I can't say yet.

But it strikes me as odd that you state that you liked it, and when you go on to decribe the effects, you first point out the dysphoria.

I actually looked the word up a bit because your statement confused me, and found this:
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/faqs/f/faq_dysphoria.htm

peace

TMA-2 made me the most angry that I had been in a long time... it just turned off all the "happy" receptors and burned the angry ones. Its really hard to describe...

I wasn't happy at all. I just wanted to smash things and punch people. But in a spiritual way. Weird stuff.

I did it twice, same results both times. Won't touch it again.

I've done TMA-2 once (enough to feel anything), and probably won't again. I didn't bother writing a trip report, because it was just a horrible and boring experience. Basically, I felt like I had the flu for over four hours - shivering, hot, achy and sick - with mild visuals and nothing exciting happening at all. I got really angry and upset as well, mainly about the fact that I had wasted my time and made myself sick with no real plus side at all. I aborted it not long after with a valium, and the minor visuals stopped pretty quickly and I started to feel much better. This was after two previous attempts, at similar dosages, with no effects at all. Weird stuff indeed!

[edited to add "TMA-2", since it is now in the TMA series thread]

Last edited:
MagickalKat777 said:

I wasn't happy at all. I just wanted to smash things and punch people. But in a spiritual way. Weird stuff.

*Laughs*

Anyhow, I have had some interest in TMA-2 and TMA-6, though I can't obtain it, and having read this thread, I'm having mixed feelings. I'm just wondering if I should continue what I've been doing as far as research chemicals go. I tend to sway away from anything Amphetamine based or Amphetamine like except for Mescaline and the 2C-X's.