• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

In the interests of not creating a war, I'll just state that a huge percentage of alcohol users never get addicted, as opposed to *.

Is it true that heroin users never get the common cold while on it?

Well it's definitely not the case that you never get the common cold. Seeing as I have had the cold while regularly using heroin.

But I'll admit that I have heard this claim before, and I have personally noticed in myself and others that we'd almost never catch a cold while actively using.

So, it sure seems like there is something to it. I wouldn't say never, but it does appear to happen less often from what I've seen.

I'd say a good 90% of people that want to try heroin really aint cut out for it.

Heroin addiction comes upon you slow & your hooked before you know it & a heroin habit isn't just a habit, it is a whole lifestyle.

I'd say a good 90% of people that want to try heroin really aint cut out for it.

Heroin addiction comes upon you slow & your hooked before you know it & a heroin habit isn't just a habit, it is a whole lifestyle.

Id say that really can't be over stated. Heroin addiction can easily grow until its consumed every part of your life. So much so that almost every single waking moment is in some way related to heroin. Getting it, waiting for dealers, finding money, etc.

Heroin is the same as any opiate the only real difference is you can smoke or iv it.
And your experience with it is what Pete?
You ran one or two lines & they were rubbish, I run lines bigger than that which you posted when I smoked MDPV.

I really question if it was even heroin you posted, you know nothing about what you speak of, go along to Boots & get your OTC goods.
You wouldn't see a week out in the heroin world, I know bagheads that would rob you just for fun. I can see you in a crackhouse or smoking gear in a council block in the backstreets of Birmingham....we call people like you "bait" kid.

Hey, I'm peaceful dude ? and - while I wouldn't call it a huge percentage: even if it's just a housewife who HAS to have a bottle of wine or two at night; that's still a problem - that's a really good point that I didn't think of. You could say the same about prescription opioids, but hey there's something about heroin. Maybe because it is associated with needles and being illicit?

Is it true that heroin users never get the common cold while on it?
Now that I think about it ... I can't remember the last time I had the common cold, since I started doing opioids 24/365.

I think the most probable answer to your question, is that heroine users don't feel the common cold as we get sick when we don't have opioids in our system, and it's a hell of a lot worse than the common cold, and then, when you get your hands on some dope and it's time to trip to the seventh heaven ... well, I think you get my point.

Id say that really can't be over stated. Heroin addiction can easily grow until its consumed every part of your life. So much so that almost every single waking moment is in some way related to heroin. Getting it, waiting for dealers, finding money, etc.

+ That one loses all sense of right and wrong, or rather: one doesn't care about it, and steal from one's grandmother to get money for dope rather than getting sick.

+ That one loses all sense of right and wrong, or rather: one doesn't care about it, and steal from one's grandmother to get money for dope rather than getting sick.

In my experience heroin doesn't take away all sense of right and wrong. Or stops you caring about it. But it certainly makes you care less than you otherwise might have. And definitely compels you to disregard your sense of morality when it gets in the way of getting more heroin.

That's my experience anyway.

I don't think it so much losing all sense of right and wrong so much as opioids lower your inhibitions and you do stuff you'd never normally sober.
I used to shoplift alcohol every day but I think I only did it when sober once or twice. I normally wouldn't have had the balls to shoplift (especially this one store where I lifted 6 bottles of wine every single day for 6 weeks before they caught me).

That's me right there. Stealing from my grandmother to buy dope. I stole from other family members as well, until I started sex work. Prostitution has allowed me to be financially independent even with a $200/day habit.

If you have a good connection for a regular supply of good quality gear and you earn more than enough to pay for it, you'd be surprised how manageable a heroin habit is. A lot of people struggle to find the money for good dope and that's really their biggest problem, not the dope itself. At least that's my experience.

Just thought I'd post some articles from the "other side". I still agree you should never try heroin, I sure as hell never will (even though I like opioids).

Page 6, it's the graph shown on the bottom right: the US government's own National Comorbidity survey found that only 23% of people who have done heroin become addicted, compared to 15% for alcohol. It's seems surprising to me that the government would publish this. Essentially saying heroin isn't even twice as likely to get you addicted as alcohol. Another interesting point, cocaine is virtually the same risk as alcohol. What do you guys think of this data?
Well I can understand that. I did opium for 2 years daily never run out of it (always had stash for 1 month), then I stopped. It was 4 years back when I stopped, now last 2 years I've been doing different opioids every now and then, max. 2 days row, I haven't gone to the same daily use, I know there is always risk, but really I don't feel any kind of real craving like I feel toward nicotine. Another one is amphetamines, done them 15 years, sometimes for months evey weekend, sometimes done 1 week daily, then I have stopped it for 1-36 months and then do again. Never got addicted to amphetamines, I only snort or eat stuff, mostly eat. I can do speed for 2 days once a month no problem stopping. Only drug that I've really felt that I'm addicted the way I can't stop it is pregabalin, GBL is easy to stop for me, but pregabalin is very hard.

However I've stopped using all the stuff, reason is not that I can't control using them but something have changed, now when I take whatever drug (alcohol included) my behavior changes disturbingly to something really terrible, last time I almost got killed by knife, for a good reason, I become total uncontrollable jerk and idiot when I'm on speed or drunk. I never touch them again next time I most likely end dead or in jail because of my behavior. Gabas do the same thing, be it pregabalin or benzos. Only opiods don't change my behavior. It's really terrible when you can't control you're behavior at all, I change to another person when high or drunk of anything (except opioids).

I’m not really following along with the conversation of the thread, I just wanted to post something real quick about trying heroin. If you are on the fence about whether or not you want to try it, I’m telling you from being addicted to it almost my whole 20s that I would really think about it before you do it. Yes it does feel great but it’s not worth it. There’s so many other drugs out there you can do that won’t take you down like this one will. I’ve had problems with cocaine recently as last year, but I always go back to black. I didn’t really read through this thread so I’m not sure what others have said about their experience but mine hasn’t been an easy one. Everyone is different and you might not have a difficult time with it like I have but do you really want to take the chance at ruining your life? I hope I didn’t sound preachy, I just hope that this might help someone if they read it. Of course if you really want to do it you will though, I’m just trying to say my experience. I’m currently in a very nasty relapse and I’m trying desperately to get out. If you want to talk about this more in depth, message me any time.

Technically speaking: Yes, you should try it once and then never touch it ever again. It feels amazeballs.

Practically speaking: No. Stay away. Stay far far away. The amazeballs feeling stops being worth it once you're hooked.

Mmmmm no. That's not a reason not to use heroin, that's propaganda.

If I thought someone was gonna start using heroin, I'd get on my knees and beg them not to if I thought it might work. I'm not going to dispute how enormously distructive it can be. But you gotta tell people the real dangers. And sorry but that's not what this is. This is propaganda.

The real dangers of heroin are largely subtle and easily not recognized by someone who hasn't experienced a serious heroin addiction. Which is why it's so tempting to fall on propaganda. It's far easier to convey to people than the truth.

But the problem with propaganda is its ineffective. Anyone likely to use drugs is likely gonna realise at some point that it's propaganda and write it all off.

And it is propaganda. Probably half of that list isn't actually a result of heroin. That doesn't mean you shouldn't mention whats likely to happen in heroin addiction that isn't a direct pharmacological side effect of heroin. But it does mean you need to honestly distinguish the negatives of heroin itself from the negatives of the culture and environment surrounding heroin use.

And the pros list is kinda absurd. I mean I wouldn't consider creativity a pro of heroin, but there are pros of heroin. Like euphoria, management of depression, killing pain. There are legitimate pros. It's just that the overall net result is almost always very bad.

What I'm getting at here, is discouraging people from using drugs has to be based on complete honesty. That's all.
^^^This Right Here!^^^

I've read every post in this entire thread and JessFR's reply here (and his subsequent replies explaining the point made here) are in my opinion the most enlightened response to the OP's question, "Should I try heroin?"

Insightful, nuanced, honest.