• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

Can someone tell me why my blood is clotting up when I try to shoot in my arms!?
I might be pulling shit out of my ass, but I feel like dehydration may affect rate of coagulation, from my personal experience. Drink some water and take an aspirin

Can anyone direct me to an online source where I can order 28g 5/16 1cc points? Been searching online but have had trouble finding such things :/

Do you have to if inject heroin or can you subcutaneously inject instead?

In most cases this is inadvisable.

As counterintuitive as it might be, if it's not a sterile drug, IVing I believe is usually safer.

The reason is, if there's bacterial contamination, with SC, IM and similar injections, the bacteria gets a nice spot to multiply in.

Whereas if it's IV it's spread throughout your circulatory and your immune system will attack any bacteria.

Such is my understanding anyways.

Can anyone direct me to an online source where I can order 28g 5/16 1cc points? Been searching online but have had trouble finding such things :/

Could you give us your approximate location. Like maybe down to the state or city?

I've ordered syringes via ebay before. But there's usually local options that are faster and sometimes cheaper.

Could you give us your approximate location. Like maybe down to the state or city?

I've ordered syringes via ebay before. But there's usually local options that are faster and sometimes cheaper.
Galveston, tx. I can get from Walgreens and walmart pharmacy, but they don't carry that size. The smallest gauge of 5/16 available to me is 30

Lately I’ve been having an issue where when I inject my usual speedball or cocaine into my regular vein and the rush and effects are delayed sometimes for up to 2 full minutes.
This doesn’t happen on the first shot, only on subsequent ones even in different veins.

what the hell is going on here???

Need a bit of help here.
Getting 10mg. Opana IR and want to know if there is something different involved with injecting-?-Any coating aside I figure just water soluble?
Lucky, when I was rxd these it was just crush and shoot. Granted it was a ton of powder so a wheel filter would be advisable.

where u going into?

i had that too when i use the groin area... but on the arm
its mostly after 2 - 3 secs into the rush hour mode

all the best

Try the back side of your fore-arm? You have to hold your arm a weird angle to hit there, basically grab your shoulder on the same side as the arm your using. Ive met a lot of people who have trouble hitting but never tried there and had pretty good success so hopefully it works for you too.
Please explain how to find that iam the exact thing I can't get blood from vein in crook of elbow

What gauge and needle length/depth should be used for the median cubital, basilic, or cephalic vein? Anything below 22 sounds bad but I'm wondering if it is better to get 34 or if a more available gauge such as 27 or 30 will do.

How much water is needed to dissolve a point of heroin? I know there was a thread here somewhere about the solubility of various substances but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Experience truly is the best teacher. I had no size reference then which is why I now realise my question was idiotic. That said, 30 is too narrow for those veins - takes far too long to hit, although there were no marks at all, and I jerked it around quite a bit, still too impatient. Would only do 30G for hands/feet. Couldn't find 28-29 in the capacity and length I sought so I purchased a box of 27s. Hopefully the marks from those are minimal.

Last edited:
Hey! I just found this article and I used to love injecting opana! Okay here is how you get the IR into an injectable form.

You'll need running alcohol (at least 96%) and u just wipe the coating off until the pill is white - okay then you put about 1cc of the alcohol on it, then mix it up really good. Next you'll take a lighter and just evaporate all of the alcohol on the spoon. And that residue ? That's your mix! Put water on that and a filter and then you're good to go!

And if anyone else is curious for the ER version. You know the ones with the E on one side, kind of circle shaped and the mg on other side (10, 20, 30, and 40)

This process is a little more lengthy but I know 100% that it works. So you put the pill on a spoon by itself (no water) and you'll hear it, continuously heat it and try and flatten it but be careful because it'll melt whatever you're crushing with. We used to use the cap of the syringe. Anyways keep this up until it's all gooey and kind of brown colored. Then you'll need to put 200 units of water on it and a huge filter - pull that gooey mess up and there it is!!

I don't know who thought of it but someone in Tennessee did... It was a huge thing back home!!

Adwdiabetes.com
Question aswell : do you think a air bubble will effect the syringe from registering?

Better just shoot it.
is shooting an Intravenous injection rather than Intramuscular or Subcutaneous?
and if so does it have to be in the main artery or is it just any vein?

also i dont plan on injecting drugs. i am just curious abt the lingo and Routs of ingestion.

is shooting an Intravenous injection rather than Intramuscular or Subcutaneous?
and if so does it have to be in the main artery or is it just any vein?

also i dont plan on injecting drugs. i am just curious abt the lingo and Routs of ingestion.
Shooting = IV. Where I live, people call subcutaneous injection skin popping and hardly anyone actually does it due to the risk of skin infection. One google image search of necrotizing fasciitis was all it took for me to swear I'd never. There are exceptions (like ketamine) but most commonly-injected drugs can be pretty painful and cause swelling/knots if injected into tissue.

No one should ever try to inject into any artery. It's dangerous and not pleasant. IV is any vein, but some veins are preferable because they're bigger, more accessible, less likely to roll, or at a safer injection site.

Shooting = IV. Where I live, people call subcutaneous injection skin popping and hardly anyone actually does it due to the risk of skin infection. One google image search of necrotizing fasciitis was all it took for me to swear I'd never. There are exceptions (like ketamine) but most commonly-injected drugs can be pretty painful and cause swelling/knots if injected into tissue.

No one should ever try to inject into any artery. It's dangerous and not pleasant. IV is any vein, but some veins are preferable because they're bigger, more accessible, less likely to roll, or at a safer injection site.
I haven't heard of people taking subcutaneous ket, I thought it was mostly taken IM.

I haven't heard of people taking subcutaneous ket, I thought it was mostly taken IM.
Yeah, I see the way I worded it is confusing. What I mean was: Most commonly-injected drugs can be pretty painful and cause swelling/knots if injected into (muscle or subcutaneous) tissue, though there are exceptions such as ketamine.