Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Cannabis (eaten) After MDMA -- Experienced -- Panic Attack from Hell

Raas

Ex-Bluelighter
Panic Attack from Hell

Although this is more of a report from the side-effect of a drug, i was mildly under the influence of marijuana at the time and believe it fits in with the guidelines. If not, as long as I have written this down I feel better for it :)

In 3 years of drug-taking, this is by far the most intense and fucked-up experience - true fear. Some of it will sound exaggerated or bullshit, but everything i write here is exactly what happened.

It was last summer - the end of august. My friend had bought some mitsubishi pills which he claimed were "pretty srong". I only intended to take one to keep me awake, but when that beast kicked in so strongly it ended up as 4. The most craziest night of my life, I do not believe it is possible to enjoy ecstasy anymore than i did then.

After the night had ended, i said to a friend "that can't be good for your head". When i fell asleep at about 11am the next day, I had a disturbing dream. In that dream, I was sitting behind my computer in my bedroom messing around, then suddenly i was feeling odd... i tried to ignore this feeling and carry on what i was doing, but then everything started going wrong... i tried to get up, and stumble towards help... but i couldn't make it, and collapsed...and as i was about to die in the dream, i woke up immediately very freaked out. I wondered if this was some sort of preminition, it all felt dangerously real.

For the next week i had an
agonizing come-down, and didn't feel quite right... but sure enough i got over it :)

1 after that night, i did eat marijauna in the afternoon - whether this re-occuring high hours later sparked off the panic attack, or made it more surreal i am not sure of. About 3/4 hours after consumption, i was behind the computer and my dream started happening for real... scared as shit i RAN to the bathroom - rather than trying to ignore the feeling like i did in my dream. My heart was pounding extremely hard and i was short of breath.. but the effects subsided shortly.

it's worth noting that at this point in time i had never before had a panic attack before - i didn't even know what one was! As far as i was aware i could have been near death.

5 minutes later and this confused, dizzy feeling returned so i went outside to "sit it out", however it got more and more intense and i began to get so scared - not only because i didn't know what was happening to me, but my brain was chemically forcing me to panic due to the obvious serotonin restoration.

As more time passed, the panic attack just grew stronger and i became more desperate. I am not a religious person, but i said a small prayer to whatever may exist as i was truely scared. It didn't work; the panic attack just got twice as bad. (stupid God:X)I couldn't feel my hands or feet, my stomach was hurting and my mouth was extremely dry - but i was too scared to drink water incase it reacted badly in some way i was ignorant too. I couldn't breathe properly, i had a sharp pain in my chest, my pulse was stupidly fast. My eyes were rolling in fast circles, and sometimes i couldn't break these circles... the sensation made me feel sleepy (possibly the weed tiredness?) and this scared me - i felt that if i fell asleep or switched off for a moment i would fall unconscious and then die - I truely felt at this point i was fighting for my life.

30/40 minutes later and i was seriously tempted to call an ambulance...but i decided as i had withstood it for 40 minutes, had it have been fatal i would have been dead earlier.

My mind was working so fast, i was constantly thinking what could have been wrong and what to do... but i really had no idea, it just felt like my whole body was fucking up.

One hour later an i felt dangerously feint, as well as extremely tired from all the panicking... but i was way to scared to sit down and risk falling out of consciousness, i started to walk in circles chanting some stupid words like "i will not resent"...it sounds daft now, and doesn't make much sense... but at the time i truely was desperate, and just chanting anything seemed to keep me more alert. I would like to have called a friend for help, but i didn't feel capable of operating a phone and was scared in the process i would feint and die.

Nearly 2 hours later, and i was still just as bad and began to get extremely frustrated and wondered if whatever was happening, would ever actually pass. I started kicking the wall in frustration, and cursing God for not helping me at all in my one moment of desperation. Tried sitting down, but that didn't work.. my head just kept spinning and made me feel totally nausous. I just didn't know what to do and was nearly in tears.. calling an ambulance seemed more and more tempting.

Another hour later and the effects slowly started to subside... I just sat down on the stairs, and gradually started feel calm. Now, it was at this point when the most fucked up thing happened... as i sat there, feeling quite calm yet surreal (again, this could have been the weed i ate earlier) a voice said to me "Now that you are dead, what have you learnt from life?". I was confused... the voice proceeded to say "What are your golden memories?"... it was then i realized that at some point i must have died. "Shiiiiiiiiiiit" i said to myself", "how could this happen" "im too young to die" etc... as the voice continued to talk, i realized that in my existance in life i haven't really done much, not left any lasting impressions... it was only in this perspective i could see my life for what it was.

Moments later, this voice had turned into a Television theme... and it was then i realized that it was infact the TELEVISION. The voice was some advert for a program... i changed the channel, and on the next program they were talking about death. I was so confused, i couldn't figure out if i was dead or alive... and what relevence the television had to it.......i switched the TV off.

As i went to bed, i pretty much concluded that i was proabbly alive.. but urgh! what are the chances of a TV advert saying all that stuff while i was in that state??? crazy..

After the panic attack i was fine, but really stupidly i took another pill 2 weeks later... the next panic attacked transcended into horrible anxiety that lasted for weeks... i am fine now however.

So thats my story, sorry it's long...but i just had to write it down.

I can really relate to this, a couple months ago I had a panic attack where I seriously thought I was going to die for a couple hours.

Then I had recurring panic attacks (not quite as bad) which continued until I spent a lot of time learning about panic attacks.

They can happen to anyone and I think that all potsmokers and psychedelic drug users should familiarize themselves with the causes and symptoms of a panic attack, so if it happens to them they can be informed and rational.

Happened to me when I was coming down from a trip once. Not fun stuff :( Get better, and don't do any more Ectasy.

Well, youre sure that the weed wasent infected whit PCP??

PCP can start that kind of panic attack, and becurse of you being nervus, the second time, that shit happent again?

I myself was suffering from major heavy panic attacks, about 1½year ago, and was in the hospital 3 monts becourse of it...

Today, im about 95% over it, or ive just managed to live whit it, but if youve had if once, it must likely that it will happen again, if you keep on playing whit amfetamines(E-speed-2cb-2ci.....)

And course of the heavyness mine had, ive done alot of reserch in/on the theme. And ive found out that almost all of the "drug-people", ho had/has suffered of panicattack, is in a combo of weed, and amfetamines(most likly E), ore LSD..

And I know now that my trigger is Weed, and therefore i dont enjoy any forms of weed anymore.

Thank you for posting about your difficult experience. I truly know how you feel, alot of heavy weed users have went through the exact same experience. It is actually pretty common to have panic attacks from eaten weed, becayuse it is much harder to know the dose. And it can grow to be just too much which starts the anxiety and panics.

I have a serioes of placebos that seem to work to get me out of panic attacks.. Okay it sounds stupid.. I KNOW theyre placebos but they continue to work.. Such things and inducing sneezing (easy for me.. i get hayfever..).. as sneezing apparently has some impact on your heart.. and always stops my heart beating so fast.. which makes everything much easier to deal with. There is also breathing exercises. Try breathing deep using your stomach for a minute... Not hyperventilating.. Just good, deep breathing. Then finally when you start to feel a bit headspun, have onelast deep breath.. hold it in.. and suck your stomach muscles up.. that normally makes my heart stop beating so fast too..

BTW.. I changed your title to comply with the guidelines :)

Thanks for that, Splatt.

Mixersmirf, i doubt the weed was mixed from PCP as i'd eaten the same stuff before...i'm pretty confident it was the strong pills that set my mind "unsteady", and then the weed just fired it off.

Had i known it were a panic attack at the time, i would have sat it out and been ok... but the fact i had no idea what was going on, is what made the experience so grueling.

I had one of these experiences when I was 18 after reading a textbook on religion. The feeling didn't go away for a week. It changed my life for the better. I don't fear death anymore. It helps to put everything in perspective.

Aye matey , that is a sad tale at first, but I am glad you made it thru!

Taking marijuana after E has made me feel so fucked up and 'wrong' , I will never do that again.

It's a shame , as my gf loves to smoke on E 8(

That's almost word for word a number of experiences that I've had.
The first time I had a panic attack I also had no idea what the fuck it was, and I thought I was going to die. I was also pretty young (16) and my sister ended up having to dress me, because I'd jumped in the shower to cool myself down.
The eye rolling thing is the most un-nerving factor I believe, did you also have like a screeching noise in your head?

I must say, I not a true fan of the "herb" as a recreational drug. If I choose to ingest the "herb" in one form or another, I always make sure that it is straight "indica" as any type of straight "sativa" or "sativa cross" will send me in manic mode.

Nowadays I get the occasional classic "panic attack" if I fester about something a little bit to long. I used to find it useful to have an "emergency kit" containing some sort of anti-anxiety agent. But even if feel one coming on the 15 minutes or so that it takes for the benzo to kick in is usually not sufficient to quell the impending attack.

I met a quite impressive young lady upon this board who has helped me out tremendously. She sent me a "alpralozam inhaler" that she fancied herself. The inhaler delivers quick thrust of material into my system and I can say that I feel relief in less than a minute. This may be something that is worth looking into for yourself.

Model:)

Last edited:
^ Very true. Strong sativas usually bring me to my knees ;)

Excellent report Raas. Hope your feeling better, thanks for posting your experience. :)