• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Sounds like you very well could of been dehydrated....that would be very consistent with dark smelly urine and muscle cramps

I think this might be it. Lately I have been taking extra care with staying hydrated, because it just makes me feel better, but I don't think I drank enough during the experience. I certainly didn't take out my trusty bottle of water during the experience for some reason. I think I was too busy worrying about ego death haha. That second dose was such a feindish decision..

Thanks for clearing that up, this experience will serve as a good reminder that you really need to drink enough.

I was curious if anyone had any info on how this or 4-ho-mipt would hold up in a geltin solution to make gummies/geltabs? I have seen them and really like 4-aco-dmt geltabs, my question is, is there a certian temp the I should not exceed or that it will degrade at? I figure if lsd is stable enough to make geltabs with than this would be possible, or is that nonsense? Thanks in advance for any help, I did make a thread about this but so far the response has been minimal. 4-ho-met is in my top 3 just to add that to the thread, one of the most asthetically pleasing sunstances I have come across!

Let us know how this works out. I was thinking of doing this and couldn't find out if there was any special concern for 4-subbed whatevers; particularly ho-met.

On a related note, I've been dissolving 4-ho-met in glycerol/glycerin (w/e its called). Seems to be stable for at least about a month and a half. No noticeable degradation of effects and no color changes. This makes dosing around 1mg at a time somewhat doable with a crappy mg scale.

I've been using this glycerol solution to microdose for about the past 6 months. Recently been dosing ~1mg on the first day, nothing on the second day, and then repeating. Overall, its been great.

For me, 1mg is a very functioning dose. the effects are just noticeable enough (mostly improved mood, concentration, easier socializing). At "higher" doses (2--4mg) I still feel functional but sometimes I get a bit too much energy for my work (computer job); however, this is a great dose for a bike ride outside, or for hanging around with friends.

The spectrum between 1--5mg is pretty small though; I think I've been doing 1mg recently just because things have been a bit more stressful and I didn't want to risk being in the clouds. Experimenting in this range feels pretty safe (as expected compared to other psychedelics).

I have recently received some 4-ho-met from a well known, more or less exclusive vendor.
I had a first allergy test with around 3mg which went fine and brought some very slight psychedelia. My next test was with around 18-20mg and went fine too.
At my last trial I downed a total of 40 milligrams in about 2 hours and after a while I noticed slight stitches in my shoulder. They reminded me of electro shocks. Some of them spread down my left arm and my hand went cold. I then became a little afraid and stood up and walked around my crib. My head started to feel pressed together and I also noticed pressure on my ears. I almost felt like loosing consciousness but my mind still was somewhat clear. My auditive perception got blurred and I hat tinnitus. I then popped 1mg of clonazepam and told my girlfriend she should call er.
When they arrived I had already calmed down a little. My girlfriend, who consumed 30mg and then 2mg of clonazepam noticed the same symptoms in her arm, but didnt get tinnitus or a numb head.
They checked our bloodpressure and stuff and said everything was alright and that I have had a "bloodpressure-peak" which hat worn off at that moment. We both followed them to the hospital were we sat down in the waiting room for about 20 minutes enjoyed the clonazepams calmnes and residual visuals before we left home. I did not feel any bad the days after.
We did not combine any drugs besides some tobbacco and cannabis and later the clonazepam to calm us down.

Has anybody experienced similar symtoms with 4 subs or psychedelics in general? Or should I consider my substance wrongly-labeled? I contacted the vendor who said their stuff is off excelent quality and that they do nmr analysis.

Regards,

UA

Last edited:
I have recently received some 4-ho-met from a well known, more or less exclusive vendor.
I had a first allergy test with around 3mg which went fine and brought some very slight psychedelia. My next test was with around 18-20mg and went fine too.
At my last trial I downed a total of 40 milligrams in about 2 hours and after a while I noticed slight stitches in my shoulder. They reminded me of electro shocks. Some of them spread down my left arm and my hand went cold. I then became a little afraid and stood up and walked around my crib. My head started to feel pressed together and I also noticed pressure on my ears. I almost felt like loosing consciousness but my mind still was somewhat clear. My auditive perception got blurred and I hat tinnitus. I then popped 1mg of clonazepam and told my girlfriend she should call er.
When they arrived I had already calmed down a little. My girlfriend, who consumed 30mg and then 2mg of clonazepam noticed the same symptoms in her arm, but didnt get tinnitus or a numb head.
They checked our bloodpressure and stuff and said everything was alright and that I have had a "bloodpressure-peak" which hat worn off at that moment. We both followed them to the hospital were we sat down in the waiting room for about 20 minutes enjoyed the clonazepams calmnes and residual visuals before we left home. I did not feel any bad the days after.
We did not combine any drugs besides some tobbacco and cannabis and later the clonazepam to calm us down.

Has anybody experienced similar symtoms with 4 subs or psychedelics in general? Or should I consider my substance wrongly-labeled? I contacted the vendor who said their stuff is off excelent quality and that they do nmr analysis.

Regards,

UA

I'm not trying to sound condescending - it's never a bad idea to go to the hospital if you legitimately feel that your safety or health is in danger - but it sounds like you kind of overreacted to me. High doses of psychedelic compounds can produce some subjectively uncomfortable effects that often feel frightening, but it doesn't sound like you were really in danger to me. We don't really have any way of knowing though since the information you've provided is a little vague.

I also don't really know if you actually had a "blood pressure peak" (since your blood pressure was fine when they checked it), or if they were just extrapolating (so basically, guessing) based on the symptoms you reported to them.

From your post, I'm pretty sure I've got some 4-HO-MET coming from the same place too, and I'll be sure to report its effects in this thread when I get the chance to try it out. I kinda doubt you received the wrong substance, though.

I would like to share that I've ben extremely pleasantly surprised by this drug. It has blessed me with a visual paradise, without any mindfucks, which I personally resent ever since I've been experiencing bad trips on shrooms.

DurationDosages
InsufflatedInsufflated
Total duration2 – 4 hoursTreshold2 – 7 mg
Onset5 – 25 minutesLight5 – 10 mg
Plateau1 – 2 hoursCommon8 – 15 mg
Coming Down30 – 60 minutesStrong12 – 20 mg
After EffectsUp to 12 hoursHeavy20+ mg
EFFECTS LIST​
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
brightened colors / enhanced visual perceptiongeneral shift in consciousness (common)anxiety
increase in associative and creative thinkingpupil dilation
jaw tension
mood lift, euphoriachange in perception of timeconfusion
enhanced tactile sensationslight increase in heart ratenausea
increased appreciation of musicslight increase in blood pressurelight to mild dehydration
organic, cartoon-like visualstremorssweating
increased awarenessclosed- and open-eye visualssensation of cold / shivers
mild boost in empathysome users report slight hypoxia at higher doses
*(likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)

Source: Erowid 4-HO-MET Vault
Link: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_ho_met/4_ho_met.shtml

31 - 03 - 2016​
Perryport – 4-HO-MET – 15 mg Insufflated

Introduction
As I had slept way too much, I had the spare time to try out a new psychedelic during the night. 4-HO-MET was one of the choices and its duration made it quite practical. I didn’t know very much of the drug, but most of what I had heard and read gave me the impression that it would be very similar to shrooms. Only that association has been the reason for me to have this lying around for so long. Now I just went for it and was pleasantly amazed.

T+0 = 6:15am​
T+0:00
The taste wasn’t pleasant, but I’ve tasted worse. As I was tidying up around me I already noticed some visual distortions. They seem to have vivid, kind appearance. I quickly change my music into some techno, instead of the Hardcore / Frenchcore I was listening to. Apart from a slight stomach ache, all is well as of now.
The visuals are extremely intense, which I admire at the moment.

T+0:30
The effects a fully noticeable. I enjoy how pc programs have built in warnings to prevent spelling and grammar mistakes. The music I listen to is amazing, while this is a liveset I’ve listened to like a million times. The visual paters from this drug aren’t really like any I’ve ever seen before. They appear strong in both their vividness and their message. I think message is the right word for it.

T+2:00
I’ve been trying to get the first page’s tables’ lay-out the way I wanted until now. Just had a few small chats on tinychat, but other than that, the lay out is all that kept me busy. I do notice that the effects are slowly starting to fade away already. Which makes me feel disappointed, as opposed to many other psychedelics.

T+2:30
I’ll take this moment to describe the feelings throughout the trip, as that didn’t really happen, since I got distracted by alignment issues that were caused by, as I now realise, my own visual distortions. The general feeling has been free and somewhat euphoric. Overall I felt as if I was capable of doing almost anything, but in practice this turned out a misconception. Distractions and perfectionism developed into an obstruction. Ah, whatever, I’ll just throw everything in the conclusion.

Conclusion:
The drug was nothing like I had expected, but it was an amazingly colourful and overall just beautiful experience. To me personally, it lacked depth, but the mind blowing visual display made up for that. The experience was very short lasting, but it was truly a visual festival. Next to the, throughout the entire trip, extraordinarily vivid colours, the patterns and structures were different from what I remember from last time I did psychedelics. Especially the precise detail of the patterns’ path. Beautiful swirls, made up of extremely high definition dots, that each had a its very own indescribably bright colour.

Last edited:
How is the music appreciation on 4-HO-MET vs shrooms or acid? I found that as an analogue of LSD, listening to music on AL-LAD was nowhere near as immersive. I'm just wondering if the same is true with 4-HO-MET vs other tryptamines? Planning on taking this at a festival soon.

How is the music appreciation on 4-HO-MET vs shrooms or acid? I found that as an analogue of LSD, listening to music on AL-LAD was nowhere near as immersive. I'm just wondering if the same is true with 4-HO-MET vs other tryptamines? Planning on taking this at a festival soon.

I've had friends having strong synesthesia with this one, beeing able to see how the sound came out of the speakers, and touch it. I myself remember a lot of nights lost on the music with my headset with this one. I can relate easily to LSD or 4-AcO-DMT-like music enhancement, improving the quality of the hearing, and beeing able to separate different instruments in my head of the songs, if that makes sense to you ;)https://www.google.es/search?q=syne...ved=0ahUKEwjgkrqFiLzMAhUKtBoKHdQ9CqoQvwUIGigA

Thanks, thats great. I know exactly what you mean :) Sounds just like what I'm looking for.

I love to go dancing on this because of how good music is, as if I'm really in the groove of the music. Seriously love this material.

I'm not trying to sound condescending - it's never a bad idea to go to the hospital if you legitimately feel that your safety or health is in danger - but it sounds like you kind of overreacted to me. High doses of psychedelic compounds can produce some subjectively uncomfortable effects that often feel frightening, but it doesn't sound like you were really in danger to me. We don't really have any way of knowing though since the information you've provided is a little vague.

I also don't really know if you actually had a "blood pressure peak" (since your blood pressure was fine when they checked it), or if they were just extrapolating (so basically, guessing) based on the symptoms you reported to them.

From your post, I'm pretty sure I've got some 4-HO-MET coming from the same place too, and I'll be sure to report its effects in this thread when I get the chance to try it out. I kinda doubt you received the wrong substance, though.

Did you give it a go yet?

I also find the music enhancement on 4-ho-met to be quite nice, better than weed or MXE, lesser than LSD or mushies; essentially, not bad 8)

At my 40mg trial I found it to change music perception drastically. Music I listened to a hundred times before sounded like someone edited it and put new sound frequencies into it. If that makes sense..

Can a different vendor and a different format (pill-powder) really make that much of a difference that i experienced?

I've tried this 4ho-met in two variants. Twice, as a pill, and about 10 times as a powder (both forms from different vendors)... and I just found them to be completely different experiences.
And the reason why I'm totally dumbfounded is, that I actually found the pill-version utterly better.

First, let me compare the visuals.

pill version
: Made me sense the depth of vision like never before and after. I remember a bush turning into a nature-like bushy face or walking around an orchid flower for whole 5 minutes inspecting how "3D" it appeared to me. (it sounds ridiculous to you guys I know but i don't know how else i can put it to words). Some color contrast change too, but not as intense as in powder version.

powder version
: pretty overwhelming at times. Often i felt like I lived inside an oil painting. Tracers. Pattern overlays: (staring at a wall, concrete, aspalt road... produced mayan-like patterns over the them).

How can it be, that regardless of dose and my mood prior to taking it, there has always only ever been a considerable difference in hallucinations only depending on whether i took it as a pill or as a powder?
Mentally, the similarities go even further apart. 4HOmet pills made me very open, funny, talkative and interactive with friends. I was really extraverted whereas as far as powder goes, everything was more about introspection and searching for symbolism and ego inspection. It's not like i was completely zoned out "in my world" (after all, i felt very euphoric all the time) but I just never experienced these laugh attacks and bonding that I found most enjoyable when I took the pill.

tl;dr: pill version both times seemed like an MDMAesque fun going psychedelic, while the powder version actually felt more like a true shrooming experience. Very comparable to 4-aco-dmt, but insanely more visual and euphoric.
Why this disparity?

What were your doses for the powder and the pills? If I take a lot then it becomes a much more serious experience.

Ok, I admit, the pills were very low-dose. 10mg if i remember correctly, whereas i scaled my powder all from 15 up to my record 75mg.

I don't know, maybe i'm biased, but I somehow doubt that it all has to do with the dose.
The reason I believe that is because I'm very used to experimenting with the powder. I know that doubling the dose of powder from 20mg to 40mg will not feel "like a completely different drug", it will be the same, but will just be a bit more euphoric, longer lasting and feel more potent. I would have the same type of hallucinations, only their strength and length would vary depending on the dose. Same with thoughts and patterns of behaviour. They wouldn't change with a higher dose. They would be the same but more pronounced, if that makes sense.

Ofcourse I've only done the pill twice so I admit that I would need to absolutely try it more times to confirm it wasn't just a coincidence and/or my bias towards it.

Did you reagent test the pills and the powder?
If not how how could you know if they were even the same substance...I've only ever felt that the reason anyone would press a pill in the illicit drug market is to pass something of as sonethibg else or to cut it's purity.

Did you reagent test the pills and the powder?
If not how how could you know if they were even the same substance...I've only ever felt that the reason anyone would press a pill in the illicit drug market is to pass something of as sonethibg else or to cut it's purity.

I would always test it with reagents, if I got it from dark market or some random dealer. But this was ordered from two different, yet totally legit and legal websites, that really aren't in business to cut the purity or sell fake products for profit so I figured it's a bit pointless to make sure they're not ripping you off. (you don't usually fear your watch might be fake if you bought it in a legit store).

Thanks for replies though. Sadly I can't retest it, because the vendor that supplied the pills has none in stock anymore, so I guess this is going to be a mystery for the rest of my life it seems.

There are a lot of legal and seemingly legit vendors out there who would (and have) absolutley misrepresented chemicals just to sell them.
The big red flag for me is that the pressed tab had totally different effects than the powder.
If the tab wasn't misrepresented then it should be that same powder just mixed with an inert binding agent and pressed into a tab. There should be no variation in effect between say 20mg 4-ho-met powder and a 20mg 4-ho-met tab.
But your right, we'll never know for sure without testing!

Tried 4-ho-met today. Kinda a weird way to start the week. But heck I am not working this week. So why not.
It initially first felt like 4-ho-mipt. Which is not good in my case, since it felt like my entire body was vibrating and buzzing to pieces. I was like great, it's going to be like the 4Mipt one.. The visuals were also lacking on that one and the only thing I ever noticed was my body very uncomfortable. But about an hour and half the vibrating seemed to settle down, and I went outside and the clouds were very fractal and rainbowish. Which was cool and also relieving because the body intensity thing was getting less.

But overall I felt a little disappointed. It lacked depth.
Oh and I dosed 30mg orally and about 45 minutes later dosed another 20mg.

but I am not quite ready to give up on this one just yet. So we will see.

Yeah I find it lacks depth also. On the other hand I love 4-HO-MiPT, it feels so euphoric and good to me. it also lacks depth compared to some other tryptamines but I find it better mentally than 4-HO-MET.