• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Eth-lad reminded me of Orange Sunshine, LSD black in the 1970's, the most... it brought me to my knees as tears of joy flowed.... i was awed.

There was this green window pane from japan, in the 80's that was mind blowing as well as The Black pyramid window pane with the gold strip in the early 90's... something like this shows up in ones life once i a blue moon... all form San Francisco California where i live...

Excellent report! SO!! I totally had those black pyramid gels with the gold flakes in the SF bay in the 90s...right around the time I scored some blue beavis and buttheads and then the cream colored beavis and butthead experience ones...those were really good doses too...but as for the black pyramids, I feel like there were different batches or maybe I got some that werent stored very well, because I got some that FLOORED me and the others that were good but most of us needed at least two...so I dunno...

Anyway your opinion would be very valuable to me because we both likely have experience with some of the same stuff floating around....you explained alot of similarities between eth-lad and LSD but what makes Eth-lad a novel experience in your opinion? Id it more visual than LSD ? Different quality to the visuals? More/less Lucid? I find LSD to be super lucid but which makes it one of my favorite psychs...

I don't know man, but yeah you shouldn't be dropping this close to your child's birth, however I can't help but think what an amazing trip it would be to see your baby being born. Pretty wild.

Wondering why this is dosed at 150 and 1P is at 100?

I ask this because of everyone commenting on how strong this one is...I'd of figures it would be dosed at 100!?!

Well, people are saying the 1p is dosed really potent as well. I haven't seen anyone on here compare which one is stronger yet. I'm really glad the ETH-LAD is dosed at 150µg, it seems like the perfect dosage for this drug. For me it was really strong but not overwhelming.

AL-LAD and LSZ were dosed at 150µg as well, with the latter technically being more potent than LSD.

100µg 1P-LSD was not a strong trip at all so I'm not surprised that they upped the dosage again, especially since ETH-LAD is supposed to be rather easy going.

I think ETH-LAD is perfectly dosed... I would like to try it again; cuz the first time taken, my mindset was in causation...
Although, after the shock and aw during the come up... realizing how far out it took me, the ego death/loss etc... ++++ for an hour.. it was so beautiful and welcoming... All that i noticed was, the lack of euphoria... Now i hope that was because it just caught me off guard... as to how potent and visual this awesome chemical worked within ME.. It is so close to LSD; a bit different yet the same... if that makes any sense at all to you... we are all different and perceive a bit different so that's all we can go on..

Next time will be different, i'm sure of this...

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited:
AL-LAD and LSZ were dosed at 150µg as well, with the latter technically being more potent than LSD.

100µg 1P-LSD was not a strong trip at all so I'm not surprised that they upped the dosage again, especially since ETH-LAD is supposed to be rather easy going.

LSZ is more potent than LSD perhaps in causing nasty body-load - can't think of any other aspect. Certainly not in its ability to put one into a psychedelic headspace or cause sensory distortions.

I quite liked LSZ!

More dreamy than LSD, not as mindfuckery, still a good trip.

LSZ was considered more potent than LSD because rats that were trained to recognize LSD were able to do so at lower concentrations with LSZ than they were able to with LSD itself.

https://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=6524

This led to the idea that LSZ might be more potent than LSD in humans as well, but that seems to not be the case.
ETH-LAD seems to be a fair bit more potent than LSZ though.

Back in to post a really cool visual effect I really think I had. I mean it sounds pretty crazy, and my memory is hazy, but I swear when I was looking at someone, her face was literally two different people, like split down the middle two faced it was really cool. I mean I could be remembering wrong, but I swear it happened. It's just pretty unbelievable. It was a really great trip.

I don't believe Eth-LAD is unstable. Shulgin wasn't 100% right about everything... a mistake could have been made with his Eth or somehow it was exposed to something.. who knows.

I had some AL-LAD sitting around for 6 months at room temperature through the summer with no A/C and it was still just as potent as when I bought it. I've had LSD sitting around at room temp for months too that never lost potency as long as it was kept sealed in a bag. I just don't see how having an ethyl group there would somehow make it way more unstable... Ethyl is between a methyl and an allyl group I suppose there could be some weird unexplainable quirk or something but we won't know until many months go by. Eth-LAD hasn't been around long enough for us to find out if its true or not. Its like a scientific study with a sample size of 1 its just not big enough to make any conclusions yet... I'm going to bet that its as stable as LSD/AL-LAD.

i think shulgin had stability problem because he left the eth lad in SOLUTION! I think the L tatarate form of eth-lad is as stable as al lad. though i am not willing to say its as stable as lsd.
i think as long as you have blotters you should be ok. if you have crystal i would recomend make very small batches of solution. just enought to lay how ever many blotters you want. if you plan on liquid dosing i would lay the rest, personally.
Just keep your blotters dry and dark and cool and you should be good.
i really doubt that statement about it have a small amout of 1p lsd in it.
untill you send it to wednios and they confirm it its just heresay.

Tried eth-lad at a dose of 150 mics. It was easy going, therapeutic, and emotional. I talked with my friend for hours, and felt very much as if I was his personal therapist. The empathy for him I possessed was interesting, and it was healing in a lot of ways.

I'm noticing the empathy/empathogen thing is popping up for a lot of people with ETH-LAD. It's hard to tell if this is an intrinsic characteristic of ETH-LAD, or if it's just a coincidence due to the kind of trips a bunch of people had early on, and then recursively amplified by the power of suggestion. When I took it, it definitely seemed more empathogenic than LSD. I think it's intrinsic to the drug.

I sort of have a half-baked idea that when a psychedelic drug is new and hasn't been taken very many times yet, that the psychonauts exploring it are actually co-creating what the drug is all about. Like, for example, by having empathy oriented trips on it, you're carving out a deeper groove in that pathway in the general space of trips that are accessible through that drug. So if a bunch of people have a really positive, empathy oriented trip on ETH-LAD, other people down the road will more easily access that kind of a trip. If this kind of thing goes on, it would be most easily explained as something that's just transmitted through culture (by posting and reading on this forum for example), but part of me actually believes in something a bit magical that transcends normal physical/social explanation. At least I enjoy holding that as a possibility because it's a fun way to look at the world.

I hope that made sense to someone out there.

^^ I actually pretty much agree here. Although surely there are objective differences in psychedelics that will happen regardless of prior expectations, the subjectivity of the psychedelic state is pretty important too. If a person reads trip reports, and there are only a few in extistence, then those few will color the experiences of those who follow.

I have also entertained the idea that we all contribute to the collective "space" of a psychedelic by ingesting it. It certainly is a fun way to look at things. :)