• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 3

I've got some AL-LAD 150ug tabs from a reputable vendor that I've been wanting to try out. My next "time" I have that would suit taking any substance would be next week when I'll be going clubbing with some friends which would include drinking as well. Would it be a bad idea to take 150ug prior to clubbing having not experimented with AL-LAD prior? I'm mainly concerned with acting like a fool/being nonsensical but I'm also wanting to experience "some" visuals and am afraid that too low of a dose(75ug or 100ug) will be underwhelming? I've experimented with 4-aco-dmt a nice bit and I have done a medium dose of nbomes so its certainly not my first experience with psychs but will be my first in such a busy environment. Generally speaking I manage to compose myself fairly well.
Fwiw I'm about 150lbs/5ft9 . Also curious if eating prior will have an effect, although I don't figure that it would since it is active orally?

Taking stuff orally actually does get dramatically affected by food in the stomach. However lysergamides like AL-LAD are actually absorbed sublingually/buccally (through the mucous membranes in the mouth), if you hold the tab in your mouth, so it shouldn't matter.

Taking stuff orally actually does get dramatically affected by food in the stomach. However lysergamides like AL-LAD are actually absorbed sublingually/buccally (through the mucous membranes in the mouth), if you hold the tab in your mouth, so it shouldn't matter.
Ahh thats what I meant but forgot the word for it haha. More concerned with the alcohol+club environment @150ug dosage.

I've taken a single 150 µg tab in a club setting - totally manageable and nicely euphoric. You should be able to remain well-grounded. Not sure how alcohol would interact with it.
I do however find that AL-LAD makes my body feel weird/alien, which doesn't make for the best dancing (unlike LSD).

2 tabs, I'm not sure how many mics, I think 100 each, didn't produce any CEV at all for me, OEV were limited to color enhancement and some very mild breathing.Which is strange for me, I'm usually a lot more sensitive to LSD.

But the headspace was interesting, no deep introspective thinking, but very positive analytical and clear minded.

Bodyload was a bit confusing, it puts me in a state between activity and passivity, quite restless and indecisive at times.3

Again lots of jaw clenching, and I'm taking magnesium this time, didn't really help, I think I'll try L-Tyrosine next time.

Last edited:
L-Tyrosine is a dopamine precursor. It will just amplfiy the mentioned side effects or did I miss something ? Did you mean L-Arginine ?

Some more research with this compound has been published a couple of weeks ago: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1985/abstract, confirming the lesser potency of this compound (relative to LSD) amongst other things (LSZ is equally potent to LSD).

LSZ is equally potent as LSD perhaps in its ability to induce mice into twitching their hairy little heads. It certainly is not equipotent to LSD in man. It's also a very different experience than LSD, which calls into question the whole "which one is more potent" debate - how exactly do you compare potency across two different kinds of drug experiences?

Lysergamides aren't that much different from each other structurally, and I'd be able to tell if I was on any type of one, they have a certain feel and characteristic, lysergic acid in general. I'd say the potency is fairly easy to differentiate between the main ones, AL-LAD is the weakest, 1P is near identical, ETH is the strongest comparitively to LSD. Because they are all dosed in micrograms, 100 micrograms of each one has a different intensity and effect. Though the experience and effects are altered, it still resembles lysergic acid and you can make a comparison based on how the same unit of dosage matches a certain intensity.

I haven't tried AL-LAD since my last post on here, but I remember clearly the first time I tried it was stronger and better than my trials after. Im going in for 250ug with no psychedelic tolerance, it usually takes me 2 hours to feel the first effects and 3 hours to even start tripping on this one anyway.

Yeah LSZ is weak and the worst of the bunch - LSM was better but that seems to have died a death. AL-LAD was stronger than LSD in prehuman trials if I remember. As for AL-LAD being shallow - Fab as it is I would go with that to a degree, there is a less intellectual component contrasted with LSD but I have still had very interesting and deep trips; it’s a different area. I guess LSDs depth doesn’t guarentee depth and the opposite is true for AL-LAD

I find AL-LAD to be distinctly less potent than LSD, as does I think everyone I've ever talked to about it.

Yeah agreed - I was following from the supposed potency of LSZ not playing out in humans - same deal with AL-LAD

Ah, gotcha. The same is true with 1p-LSD... according to lab experiments with rats, by checking the head twitch response, they estimated 1p-LSD to be 30% the potency of LSD. In my opinion measuring physical responses in rats and other animals is no way to determine subjective potency in humans.

I thought I'd chime in here about SSRIs and AL-LAD because I scoured around the internet for a month and found no info other than SSRIs reduce the effect of LSD. So anyways I've recently been put on 20mg citalopram for insomnia and mood, I've found it not very beneficial for me but am still weening down. Last weekend at a mountain festival I went for 300 Mocs and it hit me harder than normal almost lol. Just thought I'd note that ymmv. TR to come

300ug of this stuff was terribly disappointing. Not even close to the awesomeness that is 200ug 1p-LSD.

After going through tons of AL-LAD, I can tell you that it is not as potent as LSD, aside from all the other things it does not share with LSD. I also found that AL doesn't really shine, for me, until you go above 600ug. I wouldn't even bother with less if I had little to no tolerance. If I DID have a tolerance built up, I'd shoot more for like 750-900mics for a real experience. But that's just me, and I don't recommend those doses for others, of course. It also seems to have a wicked cross-tolerance with other psychs, and you are better served by waiting 2 to 4 weeks to reset tolerance with AL.

Yea. I tried it only once at 150ug. I've got lots of experience with LSD25 which I never mix with other substances - I suppose I'm a sort of purist (I love the sharpness and clarity of the experience).

Anyway, I found my one experience of AL-LAD very disappointing. The words that came to mind to describe it were "mongy acid". I lacked the mental and physical lift (energy) that L25 invariably gives me. Set and setting were good; the dose was from a reputable vendor with previous good reports for the substance. It seemed to live up to the reports but then the reports I read were that it was, on its own, lacklustre.

I am beginning to wonder if that AL lad is degrading. It was made at least 2 years ago. I think the powder is good but the blotters are losing some power.
I say this because when this first hot the scene everyone loved it. Raved about it. I remember after the first batch was gone how many people were waiting for more.
And back then no body ever mentioned having to past 600ugs to trip. Seems like 300ugs back in 2013 was plenty enough for most. Shulgin did say I think about AL LAD that it degrades quickly in solution. It's not in solution just blotters. And they were probably laid years ago.
Thank my humble opinion.

yeah my first trial with al-lad was 300ug in liquid form from the very first batch. I was completely shocked by the intensity of the visuals and easy going headspace, it was my go to psychedelic for about a year as i wasnt after the life changing aspects of LSD anymore. But the last few times ive tried it the visuals where far less intense so maybe its like MDMA in that the first time cant be beat for a lot of people. Either that or it does degrade after a few years although my tabs stayed good for over a year or more and not always stored in ideal conditions but the visuals never matched that first time.

Can anybody comment on the effects of microdosing this ? Say a 5th of a blotter, that is supposed to have 150 micrograms on it ?