Status
Not open for further replies.

thujone

Bluelight Crew
gmuLPEe.jpg

Strain: SFV Headband
Submission by: w01fg4ng
Original size: 2105x1677

Here is a juicy piece of nug that will get you salivating :) the trichomes really pop on the high-res version!

What is Pot or Not?

You submit; you click the sticky-icky thread, you drool, you vote, rinse, lather and repeat. That's basically it, Pot or Not is just for fun and the ratings are more or less arbitrary, but here are some rough guidelines to help you decide how to vote:

A - That next-level stuff even the stingiest pothead would pay the premium to get a bag of!
B - Better than what you'd call regs/mids, no unicorn but no lame ass either
C - Commercial stuff, possibly well-trimmed and cured, but also maybe just torn up at the roots by some dude on meth
D - Schwag, Mexican brick, soapbar, etc!

How to submit

Pot or Not depends on your submissions to stay alive, but for the sake of our viewers the selection will be limited to pictures that look like they were taken with a camera manufactured in this century. High resolution shots are a must, but that shouldn't be a problem now that even cell phones have 5MP+ cameras! Snap a pic that shows off your green as best as possible (good lighting) and upload that bitch to a BL-friendly imagehost such as imgur.com. Once you've got that, just forward the image link to the mods and we'll punt it to the top of CD to get A+'d into glory or stomped into oblivion! Give us your schwag, give us your regs, it doesn't matter whose bum the bag was pulled from just give us some nice variety to post and have fun with the voting :)

Here's a nice one to wind down the month with, be sure to enter a vote while you're here

It's the lighting on the photo making it look so shiny. Looks like good bud, but not greatest in the world.

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

It's the lighting on the photo making it look so shiny
Thanks for photography compliment, but I really do owe all the shinyness to the 24% tested THC levels in the flower.

I stumbled upon this SFV Headband around the time I made Sight Smell or Name, and so I was wanting to go to new place that I had no prior knowldede of their strains or quality. I ended up picking a random store that had a sale going on. This usually doesn't end in such good luck, but I discovered they happened to be carrying one the World's Strongest Strains, so of course I picked it up being so cheap and all.

Anyway, when I took this bud home and broke it apart I got that "nose-itch" feeling that I usually only get from smoking flower. When smoking, the flavor completely fills my taste buds of a mellow and light lemon and has an even lighter hint of gasoline (in a good way). The high is very stoney and wall-staring inducing.

I've had better for sure, but the fact that it really IS comparable to "the greatest weed in the world" makes it nothing short of an A for me. I voted A.

I'll be looking for it on sale again.

Thanks for photography compliment, but I really do owe all the shinyness to the 24% tested THC levels in the flower.

Heh I don't think it was a compliment but a way of saying you used flash. And he's right, right?

I know some SFV og nearby.... Not much a kush person anymore though. Still waiting to see my upload, but I just snapped a few buds including one tested at 27% THC although they have been in jars and were prebagged so probably don't look as resinous as they should. Unfortunate, but oh well.

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

I stumbled upon this SFV Headband around the time I made Sight Smell or Name, and so I was wanting to go to new place that I had no prior knowldede of their strains or quality. I ended up picking a random store that had a sale going on. This usually doesn't end in such good luck, but I discovered they happened to be carrying one the World's Strongest Strains, so of course I picked it up being so cheap and all.

Anyway, when I took this bud home and broke it apart I got that "nose-itch" feeling that I usually only get from smoking flower. When smoking, the flavor completely fills my taste buds of a mellow and light lemon and has an even lighter hint of gasoline (in a good way). The high is very stoney and wall-staring inducing.

I've had better for sure, but the fact that it really IS comparable to "the greatest weed in the world" makes it nothing short of an A for me. I voted A.

I'll be looking for it on sale again.

Just saying, it's hard to tell from just a photo, a lot of weed will look like that if the light catches the trichomes just right. I've had some that'd just glare if I used a flash to photo it. Can see it's at least a good B+, but it's hard to tell past that without a smell & taste of it, I usually go by smell. Maybe it is some of the greatest stuff, but I don't trust High Times or their awards. I wouldn't turn it down anyway, as long as the price is right.

Last edited:
Heh I don't think it was a compliment but a way of saying you used flash. And he's right, right?
Whether or not he meant it as a compliment I took it as one, and here's why: Shininess is a property of the object, not the type of light used to reflect this property. You can't "fake" shiny pot.

This photo was taken with a borrowed cell phone, and yes, using flash (the horror!).

I know some SFV og nearby.... Not much a kush person anymore though. Still waiting to see my upload, but I just snapped a few buds including one tested at 27% THC although they have been in jars and were prebagged so probably don't look as resinous as they should. Unfortunate, but oh well.
Nice tacodude, can't wait to see it!

Can see it's at least a good B+, but it's hard to tell past that without a smell & taste of it, I usually go by smell.
All anyone (except the OP) has to go off of is the sight and name here. And for you, that means this is a B+. I hope to see some of your submissions to Pot or Not, cause it sounds like they should be really impressive!

I honestly like the flash..... Without it you see nothing. Hopefully mine get uploaded... I'm sending them in next week. Hopefully I can get the money together for blueberry haze or sunset sherbet. I also got orange cookies live resin and mango blueberry dream dewaxed nug run crumble. So much to buy

No, unfortunately some unexpected factors wiped out the archives a while back. The current submissions are being archived offline and will be uploaded at a later date, just looking at options now, ideally would like to host it somewhere you can browse the images like a gallery but also have the option to download the whole collection in one click.

Status
Not open for further replies.