• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any others here w/ Hydrocodone vs MS ER experience?

SideWinder_1

Greenlighter
I read the other thread about comparison of Hydrocodone to Morpheine Sulfate ER; seemed to be some pretty clear discussion on it :2thumbsup:

I'm just about out of HC for this month, and a buddy got a few MS 30 mg tablets, which most conversion charts say are equivalent to HC in milligrams.

I've been on HC since getting tangled up with a drinker 8 years ago (I'm still here tho'; he's toast), and I do 17.5 - 25 mg's / day most days, some days 40, and sometimes 2 - 3 days with nothing.

Anyone else on contrasting the 2?

The effects are a bit different and morphine tends to last longer, especially if you're taking the tablets as directed and not chewing/parachuting. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

I don't know if this is a problem for you or not but if MS makes you itch too much take one OTC Allegra (180 mg) about 3-4 hours beforehand.

Or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) which is an opiate potentiator anyway. A lot of people love it but it makes me too sleepy.

INteresting there PH; my toes are itching of late, and I was thinking it was athlete's foot fungus...

Been on 1 tablet / day x 3 days. Doesn't seen to take the edge off of synchronous ankle burning, stinging, cold sensations, as well as the HC does. Load-bearing pain in right leg is no better relieved with MS tablets either... Nor does it get me the 'wired' sensation, that comes from lightening the pain 'ball-and-chain', that HC DOES seem to ellicit...........................
Doc tried me on Amytryptilene, but after 3 days, it gave me the SHAKES big time. And it made my itch chest + shoulders. ??? Didn't seem to do much to take edge off of leg / foot pain. Then I found out that primary indication is severe clinical depression - LAST LINE OF DEFENSE thereof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) which is an opiate potentiator anyway. A lot of people love it but it makes me too sleepy.
Opiate potentiator? As in opiate synergetic? So I might be able to get the same pain relief from LESS HC, if I take some Benadryl / Benadryl derivative???

Generally people say it tends to make them nod a bit more, but yes you may find some extra pain relief with a potentiator like diphenhydramine. I'm interested to see if it works. I can't do it because it just makes me fall asleep and then I miss out on my high.

Ive used both interchangeablely for the last year as well as morphine with HC for BT pain. I would notice that I would need 60mg oral morphine to get the same effects of about 40-50mg usually. Morphine lasts longer and is more noddy then HC. I honestly loved them as a combo. Im sensivite to the oxy based drugs and thebaine (makes me agitated), I put HC more on the morphine side then oxy, both oxy an HC can be somewhat stimulative but HC is more mellow I think, and morphine is way more mellow, take it easy the first time you take it and go light do to it being a different and new opiate, its one of the more depressent CNS and Breathing wise.

To OP, if I had a tolerance of 20 - 25 mg of Hydrocodone I would imagine having to take at least 60 MG of Morphine to get a similiar effect, and personally I would equate 20 mg of hydrocodone with 60 - 80 mg oral morphine. I know that sounds off, but for whatever reason I can get properly nodded off Hydrocodone, and prefer it to Oxycodone for the same reasons that above poster MorphineMilkshake lists (less irritation, stimulation).
Also, I would like to add that my tolerance is about 15 mg of oxycodone (haven't had Hydrocodone for a while since it's rare in Canada) ....I usually chew about 70 mg of Morphine in the form of KADIAN 100 MG SR/ M-ELSON 100 MG SR. I don't have much experience with MS Contin or Morphine IR...so can't really say what that's like.

PS. Regarding DIPHENHYDRAMINE as a potentiator. I think it's silly to do so unless you are trying to pass out. IMO Benadryl is just an inferior drug, it has such a heavy body load especially when taking upwards of 50 MG.
If you are trying to potentiate opiates I would use either Carisoprodol (Soma), or just plain old 100% Grapefruit juice. I can't recommend mixing barbituates or benzodiazepines with opiates, but if you are going to then i'd say about 15-30 mg Temazepam about 1 hour prior to dosing (Temazepam doesn't seem to do shit to me by unless mixed with opiates). Keep in mind I don't have an unusual tolerance to benzodiazepines or anything, takes about 20 mg of Diazepam to knock me out cold).