• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol on day 2 of heroin detox, just restarting the process?

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
So I'm on day two of detoxing from heroin, I have been taking a steady regiment of gabapentin (600mg - 4hrs later: 300mg - 4 hrs - repeat) and Diazepam 10mg twice a day and .5 alprazolam as needed. I have like 4 50mg tramadols, I know its barely anything but if I were to taking 100mg-200mg now on day two would it basically start my detox over?

I have, before, detoxed for 4 days, used heroin one day, and then I had to start my detox all over again (A WHOLE 7 DAYS before I felt like something human rather than a mass of pure torment!)

So if anyone knows if I take tramadol if it will restart my detox/withdrawals, I'd really apprecite it!

It won't "restart" them but it isn't into your best interest if you're trying to detox. One use isn't enough to even make a notable difference in prolonging them either though..
Are you using it to ease wds or as an attempt to catch a little buzz?

You can taper with it, but if you only have a few...maybe do 50 mgs at night if you can't sleep...I've been to detoxes that used tramadol after the methadone/sub taper was finished...

Not so much as restart but prolong. At small doses may be helpful but i would suggest you uti liar gabapentin and benzos more than tram

It won't "restart" them but it isn't into your best interest if you're trying to detox. One use isn't enough to even make a notable difference in prolonging them either though..
Are you using it to ease wds or as an attempt to catch a little buzz?

It's to ease the wd, I bought tickets to a concert tomorrow night (The Naked and Famous) and I must go! And I don't want to be only 75% for it (due to the gabapentin..if I took a valium it KNOCKS me out) So I was thinking just taking 100mg for with 300mg of gabapentin for the show. Then back to just the gabapentin regiment. Maybe take my last 100mg of tramadol for work on friday if I'm not feeling so hot, then I'd be out of anything opiate related (besides lopes but I should be far enough along that I won't need those. I don't like taking 20-30 pills of anything, lol.

Not so much as restart but prolong. At small doses may be helpful but i would suggest you uti liar gabapentin and benzos more than tram

It is small doses, 100mg max at a time...but I don't know how a urinary track infection liar gabapentin and benzos more than tram... i mean... what? 8)

I think he misspelled utilize and didn't mean UTI liar lol.. I may be wrong though.

But on the part about the concert.. do what you gotta do to enjoy it, that may actually help you in detox (enjoying something like a concert to get your mind off the shittiness).
Like i said, it's not much tramadol so i don't see it prolonging the wds by much, think of it on pausing them for a day or two and then they'll pick up where they left off. They won't/shouldn't start over because of it.

I think he misspelled utilize and didn't mean UTI liar lol.. I may be wrong though.

But on the part about the concert.. do what you gotta do to enjoy it, that may actually help you in detox (enjoying something like a concert to get your mind off the shittiness).
Like i said, it's not much tramadol so i don't see it prolonging the wds by much, think of it on pausing them for a day or two and then they'll pick up where they left off. They won't/shouldn't start over because of it.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I've used em to taper off H before and they worked pretty good but once I stopped them I still had minor symptoms (mass sweating, aversion to cold, anxiety) So I only have 200mg, so after all your guys helpful information I figure I got nothing to worry about.

Thanks a lot! If anything abnormal happens, I'll be sure to post about it for future reference.

As long as you are taking a lower dose of an opiate than what your tolerance is.. than your tolerance is lowering, hence you are detoxing. That's what tapering is. So, it is prolonging your overall dependency and detox, but still is tapering you down (like I said, provided you are taking lower doses relative to your tolerance). So no it's not making you start from scratch.

As long as you are taking a lower dose of an opiate than what your tolerance is.. than your tolerance is lowering, hence you are detoxing. That's what tapering is. So, it is prolonging your overall dependency and detox, but still is tapering you down (like I said, provided you are taking lower doses relative to your tolerance). So no it's not making you start from scratch.

Yeah I tried to use the opioid conversation chart on this but it's so hard to figure out dosages of heroin, I don't measure out every nik I smoke. So I figured my half gram of BTH every 2 day habit is a lot higher than 100mg of tramadol LOL