• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Have I found the legendary "Tan MDPV"? (MDPBP)

Brap

Greenlighter
Ok, first of all just to be clear I'm not claiming that I have found it
But I have an exciting theory I need to share with someone so Bluelight seems like the best place. Sorry for Wall of Text, skip to the red paragraph for the interesting bit.

Backstory to Tan MDPV:
Anyone who has read online about MDPV will have heard of the legend that is tan-coloured MDPV. It was supposed to be a much better version of the white stuff that is around today; more euphoria, better for sex, better effects all round.
I personally have only tried MDPV relatively recently and had not tried it when the tan was about. Or so I thought anyway.

My Backstory:
I have a quite large stash of different substances, including RC's. Even if I dislike a drug's effects I tend to keep it as I'm a bit of a 'collector'. I keep them carefully labelled, to be honest it's a bit of a hobby/geeky thing.

In December 2013 I came across a way to very reliably test my drugs, with access to a hospital laboratory that tests unknown substances and drugs of abuse. Chromotography and mass spectometry are used to analyse the chemicals.
I decided to send in a number of samples that I have been suspicious about for a while, or that had caused me unexpected effects.
I sent in a total of 4 samples, and one in particular sparked up the idea behind this thread.

The Brown Powder:
This particular sample is old - I'm not sure when I received it but it's been several years. It is tan in colour, and a fine powder in consistency.

I was given this drug as a sample of "amphetamine". At the time, I was buying a large amount of amphet.
This drug looked very different, came in a tiny baggy and was tan coloured, in contrast to the half ounce of white amphet I had bought.
I don't know why the person who sold it gave it to me, but they often threw in random samples as I was a good customer. It was unlabelled and I just assumed it was speed.

I remember taking a pinch (oral) and thinking it was great, but really really strong, even too strong!! I also remember getting very horny, was desperate for sex with my partner. I think I redosed once, maybe twice. In retrospect these effects were much more like my personal experiences with MDPV than amphetamine (especially the horniness).
Later on that day, hours after taking it I was still really high. I vomitted violently for several hours, was very paranoid, shaky, shallow breathing and palpitations, all the worst speed-induced CNS effects. The insomnia was insane too, even diazepam and quetiapine combined didn't send me to sleep.
I was really confused as it was nowhere near an overdose of "amphetamine". To this day it had confused the hell out of me as I had a big tolerance to amphetamine and shouldn't have OD'd. I put it down to dehydration. I've never tried the brown powder since but have always wondered wtf it contained, so was geekily excited when I got the oppurtunity to test it.

FINALLY! What I discovered a few days ago:
When the results of my pills and powders came back, I was in for some very interesting results. I was correct that three of the substances I sent in had been falsely labelled/described.
Most interesting of all was the tan powder that I had been given as "amphetamine". Results?

SAMPLE UPON ANALYSIS (MAJOR): MDPBP
SAMPLE UPON ANALYSIS (MINOR): CAFFEINE

After researching, the full name is 3′,4′-Methylenedioxy-α-pyrrolidinobutiophenone.

This is a compound that there seems to be very, very little information about. It is very closely related to MDPV, but has never caught on or become mainstream, and is very difficult to find. There are no trip reports, no Bluelight or Drugs Forum pages. Very few threads even mention it's name, and those that do mention it have people hypothesising that MDPBP is the so called tan MDPV!
There's also a few mentions in studies that MDPBP was found as one of the many ingredients in the branded research chemical "NRG-1"

Caffeine crystals are white, so it must have been the MDPBP that was causing the tan colour in my sample. I'm guessing I took way too big a dose, even though I only took a small amount, which would explain the vomitting etc. The added caffeine likely saved me from a worse OD. Kind of gutted I didn't keep some of the powder I sent to the hospital now so that I could retry in a smaller dose!

SO...What do you think? Has anyone here had any experience with MDPBP? Do you think there's a chance in hell that this could be The Tan MDPV!?

Ha! Nice post - you happen to have sampled some before posting or just so excited at the prospect you've gotten a bit of a contact high? :D

As to your question, I have no idea but am certainly intrigued. As will anybody and everybody who got to sample the tan stuff. It really was in a whole different league to any white peev I've had. Much smoother, properly euphoric, horny as a horny thing ODing on horny goat weed. It's all speculation and I really have nothing of use to add other than I bloody hope so - your name will live in infamy for all eternity if you have :D

Well, if it was available anyway.

Interesting find though. The effects you describe do "sound like" what would likely happen if anybody took "a pinch" of tan, but that's hardly definitive. Will keep an eye out for MDPBP now anyway :D

One thing that may be a bit of a pointer is the way it smells. Tan absolutely reeked of spunk. Far more intensely than white peev does. Could smell it through the baggie. Yum <3

Thanks - yes I got a bit overexcited just writing about it, that high transcends time! Def a hint of horny goat weed.

I'm searching & searching rather obsessively for MDPBP reports now with no luck. There's a lot more to be found about MDPPP, another related chemical which also sounds promising.
As for the smell, unfortunately it was overpowered by uber-stinky cat piss 'phet which was stored in the same DVD case. So I can't comment :(

Plz have tested in vivo by expert such as Mr. S. above - he could tell you immediately if Tan of legend.

yes this an absolute classic EADD tan MDPV thread :D

Haha fair enough , it was a bit stim-ranty.
Even if it's nothing to do with tan MDPV, don't you think it's still quite interesting that MDPBP had such effects?
I wonder why no one seems to manufacture it. Apparently it's a step in one method of producing MDMA.

Someone drop stuffmonger a PM and see if this was his real secret ;)

Can we get a kickstarter on the go to get this stuff synthesised and sent to Shambles' address asap?

Is it legal to sell and possess in the UK?

I tried MDPPP once and found it excellent but with a rougher comedown than proper pv, anyway good on you for posting this info, interesting.

Unfortunately MDPBP is illegal under the 2010 UK ban of substituted cathithone derivatives, along with MDPPP and MDPV et al. I have no idea of it's legality in other EU countries.

Mental Kenny, good to hear from someone who's tried MDPPP :) The MDPBP certainly seemed to have a rougher comedown, but could have been caused by wrong dosage + caffeine.

If the tan was a case of mislabelled MDPBP it would be amazing, huh?
As it's such a shot in the dark, I appreciate you all answered respectfully. Was preparing myself for skeptical or sarcastic replies, so thanks :D

Shambles, could that be what I was referring to in the other MDPV thread? That was a tan colour. If so take it very easy!

what's wrong, it's entertaining isn't it? :D

I admit I couldn't be bothered reading it...

Sorry to StoneHappyMonday and other members if this opens a can of worms. My intentions honestly weren't to cause trouble, I just wanted to share my story with others.

Have EADD people previously mooted that MDPBP = tan peevee ? I did scour forums and Google but to no avail (though there are mentions elsewhere on bluelight/the web)

Admittedly my wording could have been better, maybe should've stuck with an MDPBP experience report? The tan-colour correlation just got me enthralled!

haha no worries Brap, tis all entertainment as knock points out. And yes, an MDPBP experience report would certainly have drawn a different reaction.

If we all concentrate at the same time we can draw McAfee back in. And a 1 and a 2 and a 1-2-3-4...

I wanted to clarify how I knew it was MDPBP and how I got it when tan stuff was still on sale.

The last paragraph is the relevant bit, so sorry the backstory is lengthy.

EDIT: thanks Stone.. Clap your hands if you believe in McAfee haha

Last edited:
This has reminded me to read the MDPV thread from the start. I think it might be fun reading. :p =D