• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Chinese police seize three tonnes of crystal meth

poledriver

Bluelighter

Chinese police have seized three tonnes of crystal methamphetamine during raids in the southern city of Lufeng.

Authorities say the city is notorious for providing a huge share of the country's supply of the drug.

Police seized the crystal meth, also known as "ice", in a series of raids, the official Xinhua news agency reported, citing a statement from the Guangdong Province Public Security Bureau.

Paramilitary troops and police officers used helicopters and speedboats in the raids last Sunday, which also saw 23 tonnes of raw materials seized and the arrests of nearly 200 suspects from 18 drug rings, according to the news agency.

Lufeng, a coastal city about 200 kilometres north-east of Hong Kong, has provided one-third of China's crystal meth annually over the past three years, the report said.

Methamphetamine is the second most popular drug in China after heroin, according to a report last year by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), which estimated that sales of the two drugs in China and Southeast Asia totalled more than $30 billion in 2012.

Seizures of crystal meth in 2012 jumped 12-fold in Myanmar, 10-fold in Brunei, 91 per cent in Hong Kong, 75 per cent in both Indonesia and Cambodia, and 33 per cent in Japan, according to the report.

Chinese seizures of the drug rose 13 per cent in 2012, from 14.3 tonnes to 16.2 tonnes, the UNODC estimated.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-...nnes-of-crystal-meth-in-southern-city/5184422

Holy shit that's a lot of tina!

Those guys/girls are dead..
Heard its big in asian countries but that's insane.

I guarentee there is tons and tons more where that came from.

Lufeng, a coastal city about 200 kilometres north-east of Hong Kong, has provided one-third of China's crystal meth annually over the past three years, the report said.

I wonder if a third of the production is enough to put a dent in the market.
Now some one else shall rise to the challenge of supplying the second most popular drug to a billion dollar industry. To bad all the profit goes to an unregulated black market..

Now that's what you call a drug raid

The village of Boshe is so insular, everyone is said to share a surname. But when 3000 police swarmed, they found meth on a staggering scale.

Beijing: Call it ‘‘Breaking Bad: China Edition". More than 3000 police officers equipped with helicopters and motorboats and accompanied by dogs descended on a southern Chinese village notorious for making crystal meth, seizing almost three tonnes of the drug and 21 tonnes of raw materials and arresting 182 people.

The massive raid targeted Boshe village in Guangdong province, a difficult-to-reach hamlet of 14,000 people near the city of Lufeng. Pictures of December 29’s raid published on Chinese news websites showed dozens of police vehicles massed in the village of traditional-style, single-story tile-roofed homes separated by narrow alleyways, many passable only by bicycle or on foot.

Provincial anti-drug official Qiu Wei told the state-run Xinhua news agency that more than one-fifth of the village’s 2000 households were connected to the drug trade and that the town had been providing a third of the crystal meth made in China over the last three years.
Advertisement

Police said they seized nine guns, ammunition, a homemade bomb and knives. Three officers were reportedly injured in the operation, including two who were shot and one who was struck by a car.

Use and production of crystal meth has been rising rapidly in China. A study published in November by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime said of the more than 2 million drug users who have come into contact with Chinese authorities, 29 per cent were using amphetamine-type drugs, up from just 9 per cent in 2008.

1388979566574.jpg-620x349.jpg

Meth, in both crystal and pill form, is the second most popular illicit drug in China, behind only heroin, the report said, and in 2012, 40 per cent of the total drug arrests - nearly 50,000 out of 121,000 cases - were related to meth.

Once known for its lychee fruit, Boshe village is an insular - some would say backward - place where all the residents are said to share a single surname, Cai.

In recent months, some inhabitants had taken to online forums, complaining that the extensive meth-making operations - a process that generates significant amounts of noxious waste - had contaminated the water and soil, rendering it impossible to grow crops. Piles of waste reportedly littered the town, and residents openly stored the raw ingredients beside their homes.

Other locals said the significant amount of electricity needed for the meth-making laboratories had led to frequent power outages in the village, driving many residents to buy generators.

Earlier attempts by authorities to stamp out drug activity in Boshe reportedly were thwarted by an extensive network of lookouts in the village’s narrow streets, as well as even human barricades of women, children and the elderly.

Media reports identified Cai Lianghuo, 42, as the mastermind of the meth operation. He was arrested in November. His cousin and local party chief Cai Dongjia, who was arrested in this week’s raid, was accused of trying to help free Cai Lianghuo from custody.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/chinese...-in-village-20140106-hv7jx.html#ixzz2pbQNl6s5

Meth, in both crystal and pill form, is the second most popular illicit drug in China, behind only heroin, the report said, and in 2012, 40 per cent of the total drug arrests - nearly 50,000 out of 121,000 cases - were related to meth.

They need to all chill the fuck out and smoke more weed.

Here's some footage and images:

[video]http://bcove.me/4n96sndg[/video] - VIDEO

boshe1.jpg

boshe3.jpg

boshe2.jpg

China - Police hunt drug makers after huge crystal meth raid in Boshe village
He Huifeng
South China Morning Post
January 5th, 2013

Police continued to search houses for production facilities and track down fugitives yesterday following a raid which seized a record three tonnes of crystal meth from a Guangdong village.

One resident, who declined to be named, told the South China Morning Post raw materials and half-finished products remained inside many houses in Boshe.

"It is everywhere. The police officers are short of hands to clean it all up." she said.

Police raided 77 workshops on December 29 and seized three tonnes of crystal meth and 23 tonnes of raw material. A total of 182 people, including ring leader Cai Dongjia, were arrested.

Guo Shaobo, deputy police chief of Guangdong, told the Guangzhou Daily that the police would launch more operations to track down those who escaped the massive raid that mobilised 3,000 police officers, helicopters and speedboats to stop drug makers from escaping the coastal village via the sea.

Read the full story here.

Looks like they were using raw ephedra as a precursor.

The price of a kilo of methamphetamine? 20,000 yuan, or $3,300 US. Damn!

Last edited:

Seizures of crystal meth in 2012 jumped 12-fold in Myanmar, 10-fold in Brunei, 91 per cent in Hong Kong, 75 per cent in both Indonesia and Cambodia, and 33 per cent in Japan, according to the report.

What could have occurred in Myanmar that caused a 12-fold jump in seizures, and in Brunei that caused a 10-fold jump? That's an enormous difference

What could have occurred in Myanmar that caused a 12-fold jump in seizures, and in Brunei that caused a 10-fold jump? That's an enormous difference

Its only 'enormous' because they were starting from a low base. In Brunei anyway.

In 2011 in Brunei, 0.75kg of crystal meth was seized. Therefore the figure for 2012 is 7.5kg. I would hedge a bet that was one single shipment that was intercepted.

Brunei has some hilariously low drug figures. And btw, 86% of all drug users in Brunei are crystal meth users. Click this link to see figures such as 15 ecstasy pills seized in 2009, or 1g of ketamine in 2008.

i got an email yesterday saying china has banned the production of mdpv so that ones gone which is good in a way . i think people are waking up to the devastation that these drugs cause but also the potential that these chemicals have to enhance people's lives the unlocking of mystical evolvements just look at the cultural impact mdma and things can have on sociality if used right time we started to evolve ourselves on mental level unlocking the other parts of our minds instead of think of money i mean i can see through time on some chemicals and when it comes down to it we all just base chemicals reacting to create life sorry went off on one then but i think you get what im getting at

sorry i am battered and having trouble get my words out .

damn dyslexia and my poor eduction are hindering me today that and i am mashed on Diphenidine Powder lol

i really need to learn gramera as in language and things again need to learn to spell so i can articulate myself better don't i

But why the low base to begin with? What caused law enforcement to suddenly take seizures more seriously? Increase of the budget to counter drug trafficking? I doubt Brunei can independently fund such endeavors, was the US of China funding them?

Brunei population 412,000.

Does that help?

I'll give you Burma (Myanmar) is a far more interesting debate for which I have no answer.

Maybe some change occurred in Burma's internal conflict that we never get to here about, and that change had an effect on their anti-drug trafficking efforts

IMHO the amount of meth seized could be a drop in the ocean for these Chinese producers, and I'm sure replacing it shouldn't be a problem for them (or at least their competitors); the Chinese chemical producers are set up for industrial scale production for pretty much any type of chemical,and it's not like they need to import precursor chemicals . That's not to say whoever got arrested on this bust is gonna be in the meth trade anymore-I reckon it'll be the death penalty for them.

Btw I wonder how much Chinese methamphetamine is making it's way into North Korea? I know it's a problem there, and is also used as a medicine in a country where medicine is hard to come by. I'm not sure if NK have the means to produce meth, and there is a fair amount of (black market) trade between the two countries.

Last edited: