• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Chinese police seize three tonnes of crystal meth

Btw I wonder how much Chinese methamphetamine is making it's way into North Korea? I know it's a problem there, and is also used as a medicine in a country where medicine is hard to come by. I'm not sure if NK have the means to produce meth, and there is a fair amount of (black market) trade between the two countries.

There is speculation that North Korea is actually a producer country for methamphetamine.

I always assumed they'd need to get chemicals from china, but if they have raw materials available, locally the idea of remote labs producing it makes sense. I wonder if these theoretical labs are run by the regime... Like it said in the link - a powerful appetite suppressant would be pretty useful for a country with limited diets.

Also, the DPKR doesn't exactly sound like a fun place to live...

Btw the drug in the picture looked very grotty in colour, ranging from browns and reds. It didn't look much like "blue sky"

and greens, they are yaba pills arent they? The probably get branded with coloured dies, like ecstasy tabs do?

Btw the drug in the picture looked very grotty in colour, ranging from browns and reds. It didn't look much like "blue sky"

I'm thinking that's unfinished product or precursors. There is a lot of really beautiful finished product in the raid photos:

article-2533344-1A6525AA00000578-239_634x425.jpg

article-2533344-1A65A63200000578-289_306x467.jpg

article-2533344-1A65A5FA00000578-80_634x418.jpg

Yeah thats the way a chemical should look in my books, plain white or clear. (or a mix of chemicals.) I can't imagine how much ice these places are pumping out. There must be so many addicts.

^^That Pong Su incident was a very interesting story. Looks like just a lone operator from the details given, but who knows? Maybe they caught just one shipment of many. If it was actually produced in DPRK, I guess it means they've got some serious production capability, and there's a thriving black market in that country.

I wonder what the availability of drugs such as morphine, antibiotics, etc are in NK?

Last edited:
and greens, they are yaba pills arent they? The probably get branded with coloured dies, like ecstasy tabs do?

That's the shit that'll get you the death penalty in Thailand; they have a serious abuse problem with it there apparently. I'm not sure what it is though, just the name "Yaba"-is it methamphetamine? It sure as hell looks nothing like the pristine glass in the pics posted above, so maybe it's been dyed.

Last edited:
Yeah it's meth and possibly some other shit thrown in the mix like caffeine or whatever the fuck they wont to. They also brand them with letters, numbers and logos (like 'ecstasy') apparently. Ill try find a pic.

ya-ba.jpg

I'm always surprised we don't get flooded with yaba pills here in Aus, as Thailand isnt that far away and loads of Aussies go over there for holidays and stuff, so I wouldnt have been surprised if we got it here, sent back with mules or in shipments via shipping containers or post of whatever, but generally we dont get that much of it here, nothing like over there, we do get speed pills, or a mix of mdma and speed(meth) or whatever, but as I said nothing like the flood of them they get in Thailand.

Last edited:
That's surprising; usually a really hot drug tends to spread to it's neighbouring countries. Maybe the Australian Coast-guard presence is is too tight? I probably wouldn't use it if I was offered it in Thailand, there could be anything in there, and the trade is apparently really underground-.id put that down to the sentences being handed down for possession.

Yaba pills actual contain a pretty small amount of methamphetamine (14 to 20 mg) while speed pills in Canada average 30 mg. Maybe Australia already has better pills, so there's no market for the weak yaba?

According to U.N. stats it looks like meth pills are actually significantly cheaper in Canada per milligram than in Thailand, that's pretty damned strange.

Yeah to both the above two posts, I dont know the answers. But I imagine some of those types of pills (in the pic above) have ended up here on the streets for sale and people have felt ripped off when buying them thinking they were getting 'ecstasy' and instead getting a weak speed pill (yaba).

lmao at the pic with the guy aiming his gun at a tub of meth

seriously 3T being produced in the middle of no where, I'd bet this isn't even a significant amount in terms of total but still, 3T.

I know: it's pretty ludicrous. I hate these drug raid PR stunts-while they're looking all tough and proactive, there's probably gonna be another 3 tonnes of the stuff being produced, shipped, and sold.