Alice in Chains - anyone obsessed like myself?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
anyone a big AIC fan? the old AIC w/ Layne, of course. man, AIC helped through my tough times w/ dope. then again, it also was my fav. to listen to while nodding out and just listening to Layne cry in pain of his own personal problems/addictions.

even now off the dope I still listen a lot and still relate. ive always been a huge AIC fan but man do I remember them during the dope run/daays the most. and I am talking over the last 3-4 years considering how old of a band they are and how I have known of them since 1996 (I'm 31, so was a little young for them).

man did these guys rock, tho. Layne the lead being the dope junkie he was actually is what probably made me think of using at such a young age. ha. not that im blaming him but it did make me aware of drugs/how they kill, ruins lives. I also came from a family of CRACK HEADS. I LIVED IN A CRACK HOUSE growing up cuz my 2 uncles ran the top floor and I lived in basement w/ my grandmother in Boston.

anyway, back to AIC - THE BEST!

Layne is a GOD!

Got some sick AIC tattoo work.

My dad got me into them back in the day. Amazing band. Their unplugged cassette got the shit played out of it when i was younger.

unplugged is still the BEST EVER to me. I listen to that daily w/o a problem. I love it.

^Come on man! Bragging about sweet AIC tats and not even posting them up for us?!? Most certainly a travesty of sorts!;)
My dad got me into them back in the day. Amazing band. Their unplugged cassette got the shit played out of it when i was younger.
Same! I love their box set with the unreleased remix's and such. Also the small book inside with their story is pretty cool.

dude, posting pics on here is a pain. I was never one of those who just upload to the site and all that crap.

wish u could just upload but this site is already slammed as is.

dude, posting pics on here is a pain. I was never one of those who just upload to the site and all that crap.

wish u could just upload but this site is already slammed as is.
Wat? Posting pictures is veryyyyy easy. Insert image, paste the URL link of hosted site, hit post. Typing that was harder than posting an image... It's cool though if your AIC tats aren't as cool as advertised. ;) ;)

dude, this was a hassle. but here, ha.

995255_551940661566031_1320321235_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

looks small but you can click on it. those who know AIC will get it; also, there is more shading left and BLEED THE FREAK will be in RED, dripping blood type red. the pin will also have blood in it on the initial pullback, as most of us dope fiends know. ill also darken the 3rd eye and have RED veins run through.

another 1-2 sessions. I have 1 this upcoming Wednesday on New Years day at noon. I'll have to repost.

everyone seems to think im nuts for getting the needle done on me considering im an ex junkie. but it goes w/ the music, the art, the idea. layne passed away because of OD; ive had my own problems w/ the pins; reminds me of a certain time in life and to stay away from that.

That's extremely bad ass and not at all what I was expecting. I thought it would probably be the sun with AIC over it or maybe something a little bit more intricate. IDK though posting images is really pretty easy, but each his own/all that jargon. I don't see it as crazy, its not like its a flesh bound face with a needle going in/the eyes rolling back into the head to show extreme euphoria or anything its a skull, you could simply say its a reminder of what you could have possibly been if you kept using. My thoughts exactly about it though, Layne loved the needle and prophesied it would kill him many years before it actually did. Facelift is probably my favorite album, I can listen to it on repeat forever and do at times!

I'm a huge huge huge Layne Staley fan lol! My last two years of high school, I only listened to Alice in Chains. I've never touched a drug (I'm pretty much straight edge), but I was drawn to his voice in a way unlike any other. I only wish I'd been old enough to have seen them live.

Sick tat, by the way!

dude, even tho I like Junkhead more at this Singles Release party they did; his performance of Would was also one of his best.

he CRUSHED it at this party; these vocal highs are one of kind. just listen. i dont understand how he can have a voice after whats done here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGiTnzY7g14

I am big enough fan that I went and saw Jerrys recent reincarnation of the band and can play all of their songs including queen of the rodeo.

thats cool. i'd def. go to a show but I just WISH I got to see Layne perform; legit a better band LIVE than on the CD.

I was a pretty big fan throughout high school, but sort of lost interest over the years. Whenever I pick up an acoustic guitar though, Rooster is still one of my go to warm ups. :)

when did you lose track? because they gave up for the most part in 96 themselves. last album released before that. they were around/famous for very long, and didnt quite build the following Nirvana head, who was there other home state band. but if Layne were to stay healthy and actually not become a DOPE FIEND then I truly think they would have BLOWN UP and hopefully still hear Layne CRUSH IT TODAY! I just happen to listening to UNPLUGGED AIC again as I answer this and had NO CLUE I was going to, ha.

I don't know if I'm obsessed with AIC but they're definitely one of the bands that I always come back to. I actually had a dream about Layne last night. I was in an outdoor swimming pool at night hanging out near the side of the pool and Layne was inside the opening thing that goes to the filter lol. I was talking to him saying he should come out or something and then he was in the pool with everyone else just hanging out. He seemed like what I would imagine he was like offstage for the most part. Just really chill and kind of quiet. I've also dreamed about other dead rock stars. It's kind of weird lol.

haha, good dream.

I am obsessed w / AIC; I read the SAME ARTICLES, look at same pics, same CD's, same unplugged, same everything. almost daily. kinda fucking whacky, huh? each time I hear the CD or performance it's like its NEW again. crazy how it all happened to Layne; when the 2nd album dropped he was on top and knew it; was using hard but OPEN about it and had tracks about it, but he didnt care and truly rocked the fuck out.

then eventually, later in 93, the drugs caught up to him pretty good. and then seeing him on MTV Unplugged you see how much he has changed, skinnier, face, etc. not to mention he was jammed out of his face that day on dope. and then lastly you can see some FINAL pics of Layne before his death; it's insane how he has changed. HEROIN does that. please stay away.

I am obsessed w / AIC; I read the SAME ARTICLES, look at same pics, same CD's, same unplugged, same everything. almost daily. kinda fucking whacky, huh?

Not any whackier than dreaming about dead rock stars. One time I dreamed that I was in a classroom and Peter Steele was the teacher. ;)

then eventually, later in 93, the drugs caught up to him pretty good. and then seeing him on MTV Unplugged you see how much he has changed, skinnier, face, etc. not to mention he was jammed out of his face that day on dope. and then lastly you can see some FINAL pics of Layne before his death; it's insane how he has changed. HEROIN does that. please stay away.

Yeah it sucks the way he went. Nothing glamorous about dying of drug addiction. I've never done heroin fortunately and never plan to. Based on how much I liked painkillers in the past (even tho I was never addicted), it's something I would probably like way to much.