• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Overdosed meph (~6 g), did I damage my brain?

albany_force

Greenlighter
Approx 6 months ago or so I was in a very bad state and made the decision to commit suicide. At hand I had 6 g's or so of pure meph and in a very fucked up state of mind I decided that it would have to do, in hope of getting a stroke or heart attack. I wasn't thinking straight, to say the least.

I ended up in the er but survived, then stayed sober for a long time. A couple of weeks ago I was offered 250 mg of hq 3-mmc. That gave me little to no effect, but I didn't think much about it.

Two weeks ago I got myself 1g of 4-emc. Having read up on it I gathered it wasn't very potent so I bombed 500mg, but again with little to no effect. I then decided to swallow another 500mg and now I got some feels but they were very subtle and not at all prominent. It felt like I had taken 100-120mg of meph.

Last week I bought some 4-aco-dmt and loaded up a 15 mg line. Again, no effect. 40 minutes later I snort another 15 mg but this doesn't work either. Out of frustration I take another 30 mg on top of that and this time I get effect, but very much and strangely so. I basically passed out and don't remember much of the trip at all except it was a terrible, terrible thing. It did not feel like a trip at all and yes, I've done some seriously high doses of other phychs out there. This just felt odd.

What do I make if this? All of the drugs above have something to do with serotonin, which ofcourse also meph do. Could it be possible that my meph od somehow screwed with my serotonin receptors or something? Could that explain the strange effects I gain from the drugs above?

I will ofcourse try some more as soon as possibe, but still want to get an opinion on this. Thank you.

Edit:

Regular doses from the top of my head:
3-mmc
Medium: 150-250
Strong: 250-400

4-emc
Medium: 200-350
Strong: 350-500

4-aco-dmt
Medium: 10-15
Strong: 15-30

No side effects while being sober.

Last edited:
I assume by meph you mean Mephedrone. You might have damage your brain, such an high dose of this might have cause sympathomimetic toxicity. And behing a Research Chemical, no one know the real danger of the overdose. To be honest nobody really know even your doctor wouldnt be able to tell you since Mephedrone is a RC.

The only thing I can tell you is that it definately wasnt good for your brain cells.

I assume by meph you mean Mephedrone. You might have damage your brain, such an high dose of this might have cause sympathomimetic toxicity. And behing a Research Chemical, no one know the real danger of the overdose. To be honest nobody really know even your doctor wouldnt be able to tell you since Mephedrone is a RC.

The only thing I can tell you is that it definately wasnt good for your brain cells.

Surely there must be at least some case of od's with drugs very much alike mephedrone, such as mdma, that would cause brain damage in excessive doses? If that would be a possible side effect.

I should mention that I don't feel anything strange while being sober.

Surely there must be at least some case of od's with drugs very much alike mephedrone, such as mdma, that would cause brain damage in excessive doses? If that would be a possible side effect.

I should mention that I don't feel anything strange while being sober.

It sounds like you're more or less fine with a high tolerance to drugs.

How long was your sober period? I think some people need quite a bit of time off MDMA after a massive dose to lower their tolerance to baseline, so if it was just a few months than maybe you need more time.

6g...Jesus. What the hell happened?

Last edited:
It sounds like you're more or less fine with a high tolerance to drugs.

I agree with this tolerance is a real bitch.

Not really my place to say but I'd recommend you avoid drugs for a little while.
Give your brain a chance to heal. Its possible if any damage was caused it could be reversed threw sobriety.
This also makes me think of mdxx damage and tolerance from abuse.
Your post seemed fairly put together and informative so I'd say maybe you fried some receptors but things should be all gravy as long as you take this as a lesson and give yourself a chance to recover.

Yup.

More than likely you cause irreparable damage to a couple parts of your body. Mainly, the brain but also the liver, kidneys, and heart. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't have a seizure to be honest. You got lucky. Most people don't get this lucky.

You cheated death once and got away with it. Most definitely not without permanent damage to body, but the body and brain are very resilient. You can reverse 80% of this damage, if you NEVER do something that dangerous again. Seriously. I'm surprised your even alive.

id think of it in terms like this, this is the best way i can describe it. you take ecstacy and its producing a shitload of seratonin and dopeamine, thats why for a day or 2, maybe 3, after doing it, people feel 'down' or depressed. i think whatever you took, if it does interact and effect seratonin, and if you did enough, it could get damaged and take a qhile to repair itself. but then again you said its been 6 months since that happened, and i dont see why a low seratonin count would effect the feel of what youre taking cause its most likely producing a rush of dopeamine and not seratonin. maybe both, but the feel good stuff is from the dopeamine. thats my guess. i could be 100% wrong but i think the more responses people get the better even if theyre wrong or not helpful, atleast people are trying to help.

why cant drug users i normally see or you see be more like the community of users on this forum. theres so many smart and informative people on here who use drugs but i seem to only know ones who arent that bright and only care about scoring.

Thanks a lot for the input! Since my last endeavors in the OP I've only done 5-MeO-MiPT and I know I probably should do some more experimenting (just to see how fucked my brain is) but yeah... The effects are severely diminished. I do get results, but it's only a fraction of what I should get. I am however going to do a followup, using the same drug at regular intervals to see if I get any improvement at all. Does that sound like a good idea? Or would it perhaps be a better idea to give my brain a proper rest of a year or so?

I'm very wellcome to any input at all, nevermind if it's professional or not. I'm in the need of some third party opinions here :)

And I find it kind of strange that it doesn't affect me at all while being sober. Wouldn't severely severed serotonin receptors do that? Or perhaps, if I'm lucky as hell, it is a case of very pronounced and prolonged tolerance?

And btw, I didn't think about it writing the OP, but I did a lot of tramadol (for medical use, yet somewhat high doses) since the 'incident', which just hit me also affect serotonin in some way. So I was NOT 6 months clean from "serotonin drugs" following the OD. The tramadol "high" however was also diminished. But I didn't do tram to get high so I didn't really think about it.

6g...Jesus. What the hell happened?

Well, basically I blacked out pretty intantly and woke up the next day in the hospital. 6 grams of meph had me go utterly insane before seizures or stroke (or whatever) happened and had me exit my apartment in wearing nothing but underwear in the middle of the night. Neighbours did however find out about me pretty much instantly and moments later I was on my way to the ER. I do not remember any of this however.

And yes, things are better. I was very fucked up at the time.

^ Wow man, glad you're still here... I can understand why you took such a large dose in attempt of suicide, tough. I have thought about it myself, especially these days...

brain damage doesn't result in the form of higher tolerance to the substance in question.

I suffered actual brain damage to a combo of meth and mdma following an overdose which has left me with a neurological illness and a physical disability known as "Autonomic Dysfunction".

My brain was damaged from the neurotoxicity and the severe hyperthermia. The only reason im alive is the ice bath and dantrolene used in the er to reduce my temperature.

The firs immedeate effects i noticed from the brain damage after waking up in hospital is the intense fevers. Its now been 15 years and the fevers never left. I have to wear a cooling vest when im away from my air conditioner.

The second dominant effect of my brain damage is the malfunction that occurs in all my bodies automatic functions such as breathing, blood pressure, heart rate, digestion and off course body temperature. I can no longer get out of bed or stand up without my heart going into rapid tachycardia. The diagnosis i have been given for this is "Dysautonomia" (damaged autonomic nervous system) as a direct result of the brain damage from the overdose. The severe hyperthermia also damaged my heart valve

The third and final effects from brain damage is that right from the moment after waking up in hospital i found that my body had now developed a chemical sensitivity towards any stimulant, anesthesia or depressant. Its almost like waking up to find you now have a peanut allergy that never existed before.

You seem to have the total opposite effect with gainef tolerance, where as i now have an immedeate adverse reaction to any drug that tweaks my damaged autonomic nervous system.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you are fine and lucky to be healthy and alive.

If you had brain damage in the true sense believe me you would know it as it is a life changing and disabling event.

Last edited:
brain damage doesn't result in the form of higher tolerance to the substance in question.

I suffered actual brain damage to a combo of meth and mdma following an overdose which has left me with a neurological illness and a physical disability known as "Autonomic Dysfunction".

My brain was damaged from the neurotoxicity and the severe hyperthermia. The only reason im alive is the ice bath and dantrolene used in the er to reduce my temperature.

The firs immedeate effects i noticed from the brain damage after waking up in hospital is the intense fevers. Its now been 15 years and the fevers never left. I have to wear a cooling vest when im away from my air conditioner.

The second dominant effect of my brain damage is the malfunction that occurs in all my bodies automatic functions such as breathing, blood pressure, heart rate, digestion and off course body temperature. I can no longer get out of bed or stand up without my heart going into rapid tachycardia. The diagnosis i have been given for this is "Dysautonomia" (damaged autonomic nervous system) as a direct result of the brain damage from the overdose. The severe hyperthermia also damaged my heart valve

The third and final effects from brain damage is that right from the moment after waking up in hospital i found that my body had now developed a chemical sensitivity towards any stimulant, anesthesia or depressant. Its almost like waking up to find you now have a peanut allergy that never existed before.

You seem to have the total opposite effect with gainef tolerance, where as i now have an immedeate adverse reaction to any drug that tweaks my damaged autonomic nervous system.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you are fine and lucky to be healthy and alive.

If you had brain damage in the true sense believe me you would know it as it is a life changing and disabling event.

thats a crazy story, sorry to hear it happened to you. may i ask how much MDMA and or meth you took?

^^^I am also interested Altered Perception on hearing more about your story, if you don't mind.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. How's your prognosis regarding the future, surely given time and resources it's going to get better?

But yeah, it does seem that whatever happened to my brain isn't in the same league...

All right, sorry for the bump but I still have this question... If anyone could answer it I don't know ;)

But yes, I am very grateful that I'm alive and well today, no doubt! Yet I get this feeling that my life would be even better if I from time to time could use some goos psychadelics to clear my head, gather ideas, etc etc.

Long story short I would like to be able to use serotonergetic drugs again, or at least know WHY they won't work.

Like, what should my next move be. I have no clue myself, that's why I'm asking!

Should I stay sober for x amount of time?

or

Would it be a good idea to use, say, 200 mg of meph once every month, to see if there's any improvement going from month to month?

The thing is I can't really go to the doctor complaining that the drugs won't work and you need to fix it, lol

So you guys are pretty much all I got regarding this shit, since I am very functional being sober I can't really visit a doctor you know?

Well, as written before, I'm very grateful of any help at all, be it pure speculation or whatnot, you probably know more than me anyway, hehe.

Cheers all.

^^^I am also interested Altered Perception on hearing more about your story, if you don't mind.

thats a crazy story, sorry to hear it happened to you. may i ask how much MDMA and or meth you took?

How's your prognosis regarding the future, surely given time and resources it's going to get better?

I am very sorry about my delayed reply. I had completely forgotten to check back here. I also tried hard to keep my reply brief but it is a complex story so here it is for you guys:

The night before the overdose i had gone to a rave party as usual and gone through several pills and a few lines. After a night of intense sweating and dehydration I then went home with a few friends and without any sleep took more drugs. The first pill I took contained an apple mac logo which contained MDA. Unsatisfied with its effects I then took another pill which contained MDMA. I then went to the bedroom and feeling rather horny I began engaging in some drug fuelled sex.

Around and hour into the sex as the mdma rush started I had a line of speed. Then it went downhill from there onwards. Suddenly I began to overheat like crazy. I can only imagine that dousing yourself with petrol and then setting yourself alight would feel something similar. I felt like I was on fire so the first thing I instinctively did was to run to the bathtub and sit under the cold shower to try and save my life.

With my heart pounding away in my ears and my whole body cooking with severe hyperthermia, I remember thinking I was experiencing the signs of imminent death and I had crossed a line I could not return back from. My life did in fact flash before my eyes and I thought these are my final moments on earth and how my family was going to react as they received news their son had died from an overdose. As I sat naked under the cold shower I told my friends "tell my mum and dad I'm sorry" and then I said "God please forgive me". And the last thing I remember before passing out is how numb my entire body felt from the hyperthermia and the weird tingling all over like when you foot falls asleep and you get pins and needles.

My friends apparently kept me under the cold water until the ambulance came and from then onwards I can only remember bits and pieces from moments throughout the ordeal where i regained consciousness. My friends later told me my entire body was convulsing and twisting around like I was having seizures.

The doctors managed to save my life but surviving such an near fatal hyperthermia came at a huge price. Even though they had managed to lower my temperature into the safe zone, the damage it had done was too late. Now brain damaged I was no longer the same person that had arrived into hospital. They kept me in hospital for a few days due to the ongoing fever but soon it became apparent that the part of my brain (hypothalamus) that regulates body temperature had been damaged and the fever was now a part of me.

The first week back from hospital I began to rediscover my new disabled body which had now developed a whole bunch of new symptoms which I had never experienced or heard about before. Every time I tried to stand up my heart would race. I became bedridden and even getting up to the bathroom was a challenge and still is after 15 years. I later found out the postural induced tachycardia is a result of Autonomic Damage. I was then diagnosed with POTS (Postural Tachycartdia Syndrome) which comes with a whole list of Symptoms.

The first time I felt aroused since my release from hospital and I felt the urge to sexually relieve myself, I suddenly went into severe muscle spasms like I was having an epileptic fit and suddenly my temperature sky rocketed and once again I found myself experiencing severe hyperthermia from having been sexually aroused. (like wtf is that :?) After another trip to the emergency room I was told my body temperature was almost 39c and the doctors were as puzzled as I was and could not believe that just simply being sexually aroused was now resulting in hyperthermia.

I gave this a lot of thought and to me it appeared as if having an overdose on meth and mdma during sex had somehow messed up my brains chemistry and damaged the receptors and areas of my brain that were active during the sex so now I experience a range of bizarre spasms, twitching and hyperthermia everytime i get aroused. My neurologist deemed me a medical freak. I was unlike anything seen in previous medical literature. It turns out what happened to me is extremely rare. I had stumbled upon the formula for this type of brain damage through a combination of events that had occurred after a night of drug binge, dehydration and then overdosing on a cocktail of more drugs during sex and then surviving a near fatal hyperthermia, all which fried my brain and damaged my heart and left me disabled.

For the first 5 years everytime I went to doctors appointments I had to cover the cars windows with sheets to stop the sunlight which left me feeling like a vampire. Because everytime the sun hit my body the heat made my fever worse. I could not sit or sleep in the same spot because my body was releasing so much heat that any spot I stayed in for too long would become baked with my own body heat. I tried writing to scientists around the world asking them to help or study me but no one knew what to do. I spent the first 5 years in front of the air conditioner to cope with the constant overheating until I later bought a cooling vest.

Then there was the chemical sensitivity. It became apparent within the first two weeks after my release from hospital as I was curious to see if I could tolerate a quarter of an ecstasy pill, but to my shock my attempts once again turned into a trip to the ER. Soon I realized I could no longer tolerate any psychoactive drug. A tiny amount of benzodiazepam, or half a shot of liqueur, or one toke on a joint, or a very low dose of opiates, it was all the same result, hyperthermia, messed up blood pressure, messed up heart rate, either too slow or too fast, muscle spams. And to top it off I can no longer have surgery due the risks from anesthesia.

It then became apparent that the damage I had done from the overdose was deeper than I could imagine. I now live with a whole list of symptoms everyday, mainly effecting my bodies automatic functions and thermoregulation. I have lost the ability to sweat due to the neurological damage. But I have lost so much more such as my job, social life, friends, independence and rely on my family as my caretakers. I can no longer enjoy the outdoors in summer or warm weather, or a hot shower or spa.

I have come to terms with my mistake but it still frustrates me that there is so much still unknown about my symptoms. And the biggest question is why do I have an adverse reaction to even the tiniest dose of any psychoactive drug. Why am I stuck with this chemical sensitivity.

After 15 years some things have mildy changed such as a slight improvement in temperature and I can now use the bathroom and have showers without my parents assisting me. I continue to see a neurologist and Autonomic Specialist but unfortunately I am told there is no cure as yet but stem cell research may be beneficial if one can afford the expensive cost.

If you have any questions please post away. and thank you guys for your interest.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert but I've had a dabble haha and one of my most traumatic experiences was a meow binge that landed me in an emergency ward of a fuckin Fiji hospital with cardiac arrest. Mental state more or less recovered but heart has never been the same, you might want to consider getting blood pressure/pulse examined

@AlteredPerception

Dude I don't even know what to say...that's crazy I'm so sorry that happened to you

When I try to analyze it all I mean sure overheating/over amping comes to mind. By the way 107° is the temp which brain cells can start to evaporate did you experience that?

I kind of think of Serotonin syndrome is that possible? MDMA + speed? When I hear your story It reminds me of my OD on Crystal last year where I nearly went into Cardiac arrest (though not as severe of course)

I basically had been up around 8-9 days & lost in psychosis I got paranoid and ate 2 grams of high quality methamphetamine.. within 15mins already high mind you, it kicked in and I LOST it in public. My body began over amping, sweating uncontrollably, teeth chattering heart rate skyrocketed to 160-165bpm. Who knows blood pressure I don't remember. Muscles twitching I could barely stand up thinking I was gonna shot by "FBI agents" which I saw in front of me (not real of course)

I was having convulsions in the street which stopped oddly, I was able to stand up completely trembling until my dad found me and picked me up and took me to the ER. Nurses had to strap me down as my body temp was rising, I swear to this day I was on the urge of a heart attack & my brain was melting til they shot me up with 6mgs Ativan to bring me down (I had no benzo tolerance I don't why it took so much to drop me)

Which is why I ask what your body temp was? I know you had another drug involved and of course was much more severe in the end, I'm lucky as far as I know to have received no long term health problems. In a way it just seems similar to my OD. Again that is absolutely horrible but it puzzles me still, I wish I had more info about my OD as well but sadly I have none other than what I put.

I wonder if it was Serotonin syndrome because of the HIGH dose of Crystal I took which I've read SS can occur in extremely high doses with just methamphetamine and nothing else.

I mean my eyes were popping out of head practically, sweating, my heart literally HURT etc

I would say that you should stay far away from research chemicals.

I personally have tried 2 or 3 & just don't understand people's love for them. I feel they are more dangerous than the ordinary drugs out there & not much is known about all these chemicals.

As others have mentioned, stay sober for s while, the brain has great healing powers.

Altered Perception, dude, I am really sorry about what happened to you. You are obviously a very strong individual to be able to deal with such a life changing event and write about it. I hope this doesn't sound callous as that's not my intention at all, but if nothing else, I hope what you have experienced can benefit mankind in some way from the lessons learned and the study of your case because you should not have to suffer so much for nothing. I really feel for you.