• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos A SERIOUS Etizolam(Etilaam) warning (Blepharospasms, possibly permanent)

Mabey this is the reason it was never prescribed in the usa. It's a shame, I found etiz to be far superior to regular benzos since I can take it daily for months without developing tolerance but I guess everything has a down side. I've noticed some eyelid twitches every now and again but to be fair I've had them way before I ever touched the stuff. I guess this is the incentive I need to finally get my taper in motion

Mabey this is the reason it was never prescribed in the usa. It's a shame, I found etiz to be far superior to regular benzos since I can take it daily for months without developing tolerance but I guess everything has a down side. I've noticed some eyelid twitches every now and again but to be fair I've had them way before I ever touched the stuff. I guess this is the incentive I need to finally get my taper in motion

When researching Blerpo someone said something like, "Benzos are great at what they do but because they have such a limited focus of true therapeutic effects you shouldn't rely on them" -- that is SO damn true. They're great at making me sleep (though not REM of course) and for feeling like I drank a couple three beers but other than that the side effects and long term risks are not worth it.

I doubt I ever take another benzo again in my life. I'm just too scared now. It sucks because I've burned out my welcome with both opiates and benzos so now I just smoke pot :)

Just about all benzodiazipines and related compounds have the risk for Blepharospasms.

So don't single out Etizolam just because it is the one you used.

You ignored the medical journal I posted. It would seem that Etizolam has a much higher rate of occurrence than American alternatives. Read and don't be a cockass, it sounds like you do a lot of etizolam so enjoy your eye twitches when they occur!

I have been using Etiozlam to get over my alcohol addiction successfully for over three months, and haven't drank since. I plan on lowering them down and stopping all together when my medication is sorted, my dosage hasn't increased hugely. Use to be 0.5 to 1mg every 6 hours. Now it's 2mg every 6 hours, if I was on the standard benzos I would be a huge addict with an insane tolerance. Etiozlam is an amazing drug for withdrawals.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I've been put on 5mg dizapam and it nearly made me commit suicide. Everyone reacts differently drugs, especially downers.

I think they're tightening down too hard on benzos now, considering how serious the withdrawal symptomps are. It's more of a medication than a drug. The drug-effect is barely noticable with a few days' tolerance and you might as well drink instead if you just want to have fun. That it has going for it is it's less toxic and less work than alcohol and doesn't have to be obvious at lower doses.

Anyway, the real craving for it comes as a form of medication, either from benzo withdrawal or stimulant side-effects, which are both no joke. And for something that can hardly take you over baseline in an unaddicted state, it's literally miraculous in its healing ability to take you from far below baseline to just above and stop all physical symptomps, or even just to let you taper down more safely.

When you need it for that as opposed to for recreational purposes I don't think it should be treated as a drug but just face the reality that you're in need of it. When I went to get an emergency script I had to really fight for it and the doctor treated me like a drug-seeker, even though my main concern was fear of death, and I was having obvious advanced withdrawal symptomps like beginning seizures and psychosis. Then the pharmacist looked at me with complete contempt just because I had a script for 25 benzos.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1738986/pdf/v075p00506a.pdf said:
Blepharospasm is a female dominated disease, and in the two groups, with no prioruse of etizolam or usage of other psychotropics, there were significantly more women
when compared with the group with no drug history.

Although the pathogenesis of blepharospasm is not known, abnormalities of cortical or subcortical neural pathways have been suggested. A down regulation of GABAA receptors involved in the neural circuits due to prolonged treatment with etizolam or benzodiazepine may induce impairment of normal blinking.

In any case, ophthalmologists and neurologists should remember that prolonged administration of ethizolam or benzodiazepines is a risk factor for blepharospasm especially in women. Thus, a careful medication history should be made before more
expensive neurological tests are performed.

doesn't seem like you actually read the article or study. Sample size was tiny for one, and localized for another. As well as women being significantly affected more so than men. Sorry to hear of your problems but this is hardly significant enough to issue a serious warning to bluelight. if you keep things in perspective, this is a non-issue and applies equally to etizolam and benzodiazepines.

Ive experienced the eye twitches.. they are VERY real.

Etizolam is NOT a viable option as a daily benzo!!!

I only get them in WD, but there seems to be something to it.

I doubt I ever take another benzo again in my life. I'm just too scared now. It sucks because I've burned out my welcome with both opiates and benzos so now I just smoke pot :)

It may suck now, but this sounds like a blessing in disguise to me. :)

I've experienced mild eye twitches after a few weeks to a month of intermittent etizolam use. The eye twitches always faded after I stopped using etizolam. I never take more than 1mg of etizolam because I am well aware of the unique side-effects like blepharospasms, and I also restrict usage because etizolam does have that strong ability to raise blood levels of prolactin far beyond what is necessary. Excess prolactin can cause or exacerbate erectile dysfunction, reduce sex drive, and give us guys puffy nipples. Girls have a whole other set of issues to worry about with high prolactin levels.

I usually only used etizolam at a maximum of 1 mg a day, and it would be used at night to facilitate sleep when I was having a rough time falling asleep. I can't say for certain whether my blepharospasms were a result of a loss of REM sleep or if it was directly caused by etizolam. Benzodiazepines are well documented for reducing sleep quality, and sleep deprivation does often cause muscle twitches.

Etizolam is fine to use in moderation for anything I know, its only when you start taking 2-8mg a night for a year that it's almost expected that these side-effects are going to rear up. This drug is not intended to be taken as often that you would take other, more innocuous drugs in its class (e.g. xanax). Respect the drug and it will respect you. Don't take this as a reprimand stilllost, I genuinely hope your symptoms fade.

Are the twitches in both eye lids ?

No. As an update I had Botox done about 24 hours and 30 minutes ago. I've had a few twitches today but they're EXTREMELY light. Not very annoying. Seem to go away within a minute or two. Much easier to deal with this.

I go back for my Botox checkup on Tuesday and he said he can inject me with more if I want. I might get a top off.

As the article indicates, we see similar trends with benzodiazepine addiction in general.

ebola

By twitches do you mean like unintentional nervous blinking in each eye? I get that, I always put it down to my anxiety.

Nah, I can feel the eye lid muscle twitch when my eyes are open. Some of the twitches you can see, some you can't. I don't have uncontorllable blinking or anything like that.

ebola? - If I'm off base on etizolam being more dangerous than other benzos in this regard, is this permanent damage? Is there anything I can do???

I'm still having a number of twitches about +27 hours after Botox. I'm kinda sad again, I thought I'd get more relief than this but perhaps the Botox hasn't taken full effect, though I find that hard to believe as last night was pretty smooth :(

according to the article you cited, most people's eye twitching improved after cessation of etizolam use or benzodiazepine use. This issue isn't particular to etizolam, and affects women far more than men.

I currently take etizolam daily and have for months no eye twitch issues but i am experiencing insane muscle spasms in my neck, and that muscle and area seem to cause problems with eye twitching as well, which makes me wonder if perhaps etizolam is causing or contributing to my issue as well.

i doubt it's permanent based on that study you cited but that study was pretty limited and didn't reach much of a conclusion. Botox injections last for a few months so i'd give it some time, the initial swelling from the injection could still be an issue. My gf's sister had about 40 shots into her eyelids for migraines and her eyes were swollen as hell for the first few days.

Thanks. Seems logical that cessation would do the trick. Monday will be 28 days since I took any benzos so you can understand how I'm kinda HOPING this clears up soon. It seems after the Botox only the "powerful" twitches are getting through and unforunately those are the annoying ones you can see heh. I'll probably get more Botox on Tuesday at the checkup.

Nah, I can feel the eye lid muscle twitch when my eyes are open. Some of the twitches you can see, some you can't. I don't have uncontorllable blinking or anything like that.

ebola? - If I'm off base on etizolam being more dangerous than other benzos in this regard, is this permanent damage? Is there anything I can do???

I'm still having a number of twitches about +27 hours after Botox. I'm kinda sad again, I thought I'd get more relief than this but perhaps the Botox hasn't taken full effect, though I find that hard to believe as last night was pretty smooth :(
Ah right, that's a releif because I have that but it's from anxiety and hyeractivity. Sorry to here about your bad experience on etiozlam, but in my experience it's a great downer for medicinal use. And good for comedowns.

Since when is eye twitching a "REALLY serious" problem. If one is taking that much etizolam regularly, then they probably have much more serious side-effects down the road to worry about than eye twitching. Like those similar to regular benzo use ie seizures, permanent cognitive disfunction and even death