• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AL-LAD ~ 450mics ~ Good with psyches ~ Where have you been all my life?

Sepher

Bluelight Crew
17:00 ~450ug as close as I can be cutting blotters. Applied upper lip, see if buccal admin comes up any faster. Proved it's active orally last week with a 300ug oral dose.

+0:45 Not much at all from it. Can't say there's any effects worth noting at all? Swallowed down at this point.

+1:00 First signs of a visual disturbance, patches of colour coming at the very edges of vision. Buzz mainly at the temples coming in. Very vague at this point.

+2:00 Still very vague. Feels like it's going to be a disappointing night, maybe tolerance but not feeling anything like as strong as last week. Got some movement in bathroom tiles and vague patterns in carpet, towels, etc for instance but not nearly as much as I'd expect. Nice feel in the body, nice buzz and warm rushes, hollow feel in the chest.

+3:00 Developed real fast all of a sudden, from +2:30 and on seemed to suddenly come up in a great big rush. Massive rush of colour, patterns exploding all over visual field, stacking up over each other. Lots of vibration to everything, long tracers swirling my hands about, bedroom door looks pretty jellified, wobbling and melting in its door frame, all over the place rippling away. Really good, detailed CEVs, beautifully intricate and dynamic fractal patterns. Brightly lit, colours are lots of pale pinks and yellows, kinda neon. Thrashing around a bit, breathing hard, helps bring massive rushes of euphoria with waves of warmth coming up from the body and up through the head, helps work the images up, they seem to surge with the motion of my head.

+4:00 Weird thinking patterns very much in evidence. Caught myself a couple of times going down long meanders that don't make sense, the chain of thoughts from one thing to another don't link up, I don't understand the thinking going on. Some of it very irrational, hints of the madhouse you sometimes get with LSD, that kind of 'have I gone mad' questioning where you can't make sense of things. Little kinda time-out moments where I have to just stop and focus right on the moment, stop all thought and try and pull back to something I have a handle on properly. Not easy that at times, have to exert some real effort to wrest control back. Very meditative, emotionally connected.

I can let myself go quite easily, close my eyes and just kind of dissolve into the visual field. CEVs emanating right from a single point in my head I'm at the centre of, flowing from me. I can merge into it all at will. Quite dissociative almost, moments of being somewhere else, mainly feel at the centre of all things, all things contained within that centre. Union with all as the source of all as creative consciousness. Had some really interesting ping-ponging effects where the single point of consciousness I seem to inhabit seems to jump this place to that, and seem to be inhabiting different identitities at each point. They're not me, they're not my usual selves, it's like trying on a costume being someone else completely for a moment, then switch. Weird. And catch myself being almost just out of body, very slightly out of phase as though I have a vantage point from just outside myself looking in, then snap back into position. It's very LSD-like in the mental effects, though a little less so if that makes sense. The same kinda odd thinking is there, but not so fucked up, there's still the rational observer present. There's potential for a bad one here if you got the wrong side of it, more than I expected. It's properly psychedelic, more so than 25I by a long way. There's craziness here for some.

Music sounds incredible. Massive distortions to it, huge flanging effects, pitch-shifting, tempo seems really all over the place at times. Odd moments where it was just waves of sound washing over me, the shape of each one evident in minute detail, working out what they'd done to produce a sonic shape so intricate, could properly analyse every last detail like the music was in slow-mo, or I had it under a microscope zoomed in close, and then pull the focus back and it surges back into normal time and the tune continues. Difficult to describe in a way that makes sense i guess.

+6:00 Past peak now. Still very visual, colourful. CEVs have dropped off in intensity, not so engaging. Still there but can't melt into them any more, they're outside of myself again, eye-candy only. Still can barely see to type though but easier. Very euphoric still, but more relaxed with it, calmer, not rushy any more, still a nice buzz to it.

+8:00 Still going, not faded completely yet. Colour patterns still in evidence, all OEV now though, CEVs are almost gone, becoming more like phosphene patterns though still more in evidence and better lit / detailed than usual. Stick a film, on, can't follow it for shit. Keep drifiting off a bit. Think will sleep despite there still being some of the buzz going. It's not stimulation as such.

Notes end. Reckon I drifted off about the +9:00 mark.

Some more thoughts:

Different class from last week at 300mcg, the extra 150 made the world of difference. More than I expected, I thought I was in for a disappointing night still even +2hrs in then suddenly, boom, here you go: full, full on. Couldn't see for shit at +3hrs, barely see to type. Notes took some right editing this morning.

Intensity was right up there, had much more to it than high dosed NBOMe combos, mentally and visually, I would prefer this every time. Just as full on, every bit is visual, better than 25I, OEV and CEV much closer to LSD in detail, complexity, fluidity, multi-layered, proper psychedelic depth to it and didn't feel like I was risking a heart attack and seizure to get it. Perfectly comfortable on the body throughout, nice rushy body high, VERY euphoric, VERY horny on it, lovely stuff. Would deffo buy if it came to market if the price was right, had just about everything I'd want, could be very good once better used to it enough to make the most of it, get the set right. Winner!

Was disappointed with 300mics last week but 450mics Friday night was full of win. Fuck NBOMes, I hope to G*d this comes out, I'm buying as much as I can while I've got chance. Closest thing to acid yet, if I'd been sold it in a pub as LSD I'd have accepted that's what I'd got. It's its own drug, there are subtle differences ( lighter trip, more MDMA-like in the body, very rushy and euphoric. ) but almost indistinguishable. Exactly what I've been looking for with RCs all along.

Research chemical. It's one of a small-ish number (in comparison to the number of PEA or even ordinary non-ergoloid tryptamines) of lysergamides other than LSD that are still active. It turns out there are only two or three spots that you can substitute if you're looking to retain activity.

Lysergamides.svg

The tertiary amine that holds the R2 and 3 positions is one place, that yields stuff like LSA if you cut off the methyl from LSD, or higher homologues like LSB and LSP.

The aromatic nitrogen that holds the substitution labeled R6 in that picture is what Shulgin was manipulating for the majority of his ergoline derivatives in TIHKaL, yields stuff like ETH-LAD, PRO-LAD (one more and two more carbons).

I know of no other centrally active psychedelic lysergamide besides ALD-52 that is substituted on the indole nitrogen. Other substitutions there typically produce effects more in the body than mind, generally unpleasant at that, if I am not mistaken. I assume the acetyl helps get ALD across the blood-brain barrier better than alkyl subs, just guessing though.

Anyway, AL-LAD is substituted with an allyl moiety on the aromatic nitrogen, R6 as per the above image. The difference between allyl and alkyl substituents like ETH- or PRO-LAD is the unsaturated nature of the three carbons. There's only one double bond though, as the unsaturated bond switches ridiculously quickly between the first and second / second and third carbons, this is resonance, somebody jump in if this is not the full story. But anyway that double bond makes it allyl, instead of propyl.

Last edited:
Sepher : What was your tolerance like and when was the last time you did NBOME ?

Safe to assume tolerance to some degree Slo Mo. I'd done 300mics AL-LAD just seven days previously, I've been doing psychedelics / serotonergics on an almost weekly basis for some months. Last NBOMe was 25D, getting on for two months ago, had aMT, APBs, other things since. I always dose high regardless of tolerance. Noone should take the dose I did as a guide,

I'm really going to be the only one to question how the AL-LAD was obtained or if it was real? Maybe Sepher and the other mods secretly know about this...;) but seriously usually these threads are torn to shreds regardless of who's posted them. I mean we know AL-LAD is around but..... Either way loved the report!

I'm really going to be the only one to question how the AL-LAD was obtained or if it was real? Maybe Sepher and the other mods secretly know about this...;) but seriously usually these threads are torn to shreds regardless of who's posted them. I mean we know AL-LAD is around but..... Either way loved the report!

I understand your scepticism, it's a rare chem. You have to take me at my word, I have every reason to believe this was AL-LAD. I can't say more than that, can I? NMR and GCMS are available for it. The experience was entirely consistent with Shulgin's reports, and previous reports from others here and elsewhere. Alas, it doesn't seem a goer.

Last edited:
in my opinion, someone should at least reagent test this. ehrlich's might be useful, right? other than that, the reports so far sound pretty cool and legit. :)

in my opinion, someone should at least reagent test this. ehrlich's might be useful, right? other than that, the reports so far sound pretty cool and legit. :)

All Ehrlich is going to do is confirm that it has an indole moiety. It won't differentiate between AL-LAD and LSD which is really the only thing you could feasibly pass off as Al-lad. I trust the AL-LAD reports.

Obviously to take with a grain of salt, but the guy that was selling this was pretty upfront about the ordering process and it's a one time only thing (apparently it's expensive). He's mainly known for NBOMes so if it was that his customers would be able to tell the difference. Given all that, I'd rate it a 7/10 for vendor trustability (not sure if this counts as hinting at who this vendor is, but if so, then delete this please)

So sad I didn't get in on this :(