• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to get the most out of Neurontin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirzted

Bluelighter
Ok before i start i just want to say this is my first post on here so anything i'm messing up please inform me of.
Anyhow, I have access to basically enough 600mg gabapentin pills to make an elephant faint, and I have taken them every once in a while over the past couple of years for a slightly drunkish, yet speedy sort of high. I know a lot of people (especially on BL) that say neurontin has little or no recreational value for them, and I am sure as hell not one of those people (my brain chemistry seems very succeptable to a great high from them ;) ) But heres where my question comes in, I am always very intriqued at the different ways of ingesting different substances to create better and/or longer lasting effects (opiate potentiations my personal fave) Although I could take as many as I wanted, i always find that 1800mg gets me to the place I want to be, so I have no inclination to take more than that, it's just I want to sort of play with the different onsets I could have with them and was wondering if there's a certain method of ingestion that anybody would know of that works the best (i.e. taking them over an extended period of time, all at once, [what i have been doing] crushing them up etc.) I have researched quite alot on recreational use of these and have found no definitive answer so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and I hope I did everything right on this haha :D

Gabapentin becomes less potent over time, chiefly due to the extremely unstable bioavailability. The following thread will answer your question regarding the best methods-of-administration, and how to get the most out of your gabapentin by increasing its bioavailability.

Maximizing Gabapentin Bioavailability

I'll keep this thread open for now, since you have some legitimate questions in your post that can help others who are trying to maximize the effects of gabapentin for medicinal reasons. Please bear in mind though, Bluelight isn't here to help you get high, so if this thread turns into such, it will effectively be closed.

Welcome to Bluelight.

Oh wow I swear I specifically searched that on my engine and nothing came up :p O well haha thanks alot that thread basically answered everything I was wondering better than anywhere else on the web.

Fantastic, with that said, I'm going to close this now. If you need it reopened for any reason, shoot me a PM.

Closed.

Edit: opened as per user request.

Thanks for Chromophbia for reopening the thread so I can add this! :)

Anyways, since I've been prescribed Gabapentin for a good length of time, I've had the opportunity to experience it's potential (which isn't much tbh, but it exists) and I've found dosings that really work well for me.

Whenever I take Gabapentin (for any reason beyond my prescribed reason) I usually take 4200MG's. I believe I have to take this much because I have a significant tolerance to it, but that's just what I take - you should really just take enough until you get a nice sedated and relaxed feeling. Even though the FDA hasn't reported any lethal dose of Gabapentin - taking over 5 grams isn't recommended by the FDA, so I wouldn't ever exceed that. Besides, once you reach it's relaxing effects, taking more doesn't do anything anyways. Anyways, This by itself (with little to no tolerance to the drug) is a really nice feeling, but if you want to take it even further, I've found that two combinations that work really well - for me at least.

Nicotine - whether it's through smoking a cigarette or chewing tobacco - while on Gabapentin maximizes the relaxing feeling, and causes what I've found to be an extremely powerful sedative and anxiolytic effect that lasts for around 15 minuets. I would compare the relaxation and no-anxiety to be somewhere as powerful as Temazepam. While the effects that are as powerful as Temazepam only last for around 2-3 minuets, the rest of the 15 minuets I would compare to a benzo like diazepam. Taking a higher dose of a 1st-generation anti-histamine, such as diphenhydramine, in combination with Gabapentin knocks me out for hours and I'm actually able to sleep through the majority of the night. However, taking high doses of Anti-histamines is dangerous and shouldn't be done often.

Things that I would definitely AVOID while taking Gabapentin is Alcohol and other sedatives. I've taken high doses of Gabapentin while intoxicated before and there is no value to it in anyway. Besides the fact it's dangerous and could be life-threatening - Gabapentin adds nothing to being drunk and I've found it to only cause the hangover the next day to be around 1.5 times worse. Same goes for opiates and benzo's, do not take Gabapentin with drugs of those classes.

Last edited:
^Wow, 4200mg would be WAY too much for me to take at once.

Also I disagree about smoking, that must vary from person to person because cigarettes just make me feel gross with gabapentin and say to myself "why am I smoking this?"

I've heard that Opes on gabby can be quite pleasant actually, (and thanks to Swimmingdancer apparently nicotine can make one feel "gross" lol) so I guess one would just have to see what creates the best synergy (while taking necessary precautions of course). Thanks for the recommendations though much appreciated will definitely try taking a drag of my friends cigs next time I take some because to me atleast the slight buzz/headrush I get on the occasion that I actually smoke a cigarette would seem to go very well with the buzz/lightheadedness I get from gabby.

Gabapentin is worthless IMO. I had no tolerance to it and took 1500mg by itself to see what all the fuss was about. ZERO high and it gave me slight anxiety the rest of the night. Nothing notable happened other than that. No drunkiness, no euphoria, no muscle relaxation, absolutely nothing.

Best way to get the most out of neurontin is to throw the shit away. It has horrible withdrawals and a really shitty high.

Avoid smoking while on it as swimmingdancer said it makes you feel gross. It does however synergize well with opiates benzos and stimulants. Alone it's a really boring drug, it's like drinking without the euphoria for me.

Best way to get the most out of neurontin is to throw the shit away. It has horrible withdrawals and a really shitty high.

Avoid smoking while on it as swimmingdancer said it makes you feel gross. It does however synergize well with opiates benzos and stimulants. Alone it's a really boring drug, it's like drinking without the euphoria for me.

Again, I know it doesn't do much for most people. However, it most definitely does things for me (yes even alone).
Thanks for the suggestion

Also I disagree about smoking, that must vary from person to person because cigarettes just make me feel gross with gabapentin and say to myself "why am I smoking this?"

I personally love to smoke on pregabalin. I also remember you saying that you smoke extremely heavily while on gabapentin didn't you? In that thread about smoking during hangovers.

I personally love to smoke on pregabalin. I also remember you saying that you smoke extremely heavily while on gabapentin didn't you? In that thread about smoking during hangovers.

No, I just said that gabapentin tends to block a fair of the enjoyment of smoking for me, but I do still smoke anyway, and that if I am smoking and not enjoying the effects of the cigarettes it does not diminish mental cravings.

But anyway, I was just saying that not everyone finds that nicotine + gabapentin "maximizes the relaxing feeling", and causes "an extremely powerful sedative and anxiolytic effect". Not that no one enjoys smoking on gabapentin, clearly some people do :)

Just wanted to add my two cents...I am prescribed 4x 800mg/day. That being said, I have regularly taken doses equal to or exceeding 8000mg. Yes, I run out of my script very early. But they're there, and I feel the need to take them. Smoking for me also seems a bit disgusting while on gabapentin, however I tend to smoke a lot. Like one every 20-30 minutes or so. There are a few ways to potentiate this drug. You should take your dose with a small, fatty meal. Also, dose in small quantities every couple hours or so. This drug has a very low bioavailability, and taking large doses at once just leads to the drug not being absorbed properly.

I took 4g with benzos, alcohol and hassis 1st time, and it disrupted my vision and coordination. Not worth of anything. A poor pregabalin substitute.

Gabapentin is worthless IMO. I had no tolerance to it and took 1500mg by itself to see what all the fuss was about. ZERO high and it gave me slight anxiety the rest of the night. Nothing notable happened other than that. No drunkiness, no euphoria, no muscle relaxation, absolutely nothing.

I have to say I agree here. It sux too because I have tons of these pills around since I have a script on them. when I take them, which isn't too often, I feel nothing Except sick to my stomach. So idk how anyone can get high from this med? My psychiatrist says they work on the brain to trigger opioid receptors but I have found no such thing to be remotely true.

Actually I'm going to experiment here. I just took my prescribed roxi's (sniff 1200mg) and now gonna take umm 4 gabby s 2400mg. Ill let you know what happens ;)

Yes I know the roxi's aren't prescribed for sniffing and not to take 4 in a row but sadly I'm a drug addict :(

Actually I'm going to experiment here. I just took my prescribed roxi's (sniff 1200mg) and now gonna take umm 4 gabby s 2400mg. Ill let you know what happens ;)

Yes I know the roxi's aren't prescribed for sniffing and not to take 4 in a row but sadly I'm a drug addict :(

Did you mean 120mg of Oxycodone or 1200mg was your prescribed dose? 1200mg of Oxycodone seems awfully high to me, although I take doses everyday lately in total for the day, about 500mg of Oxycodone sometimes lately. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I need to get my dose down.

1200mg of oxycodone + 2400mg gabapentin?? Please be careful, that sounds like a LOT for anyone, and this is a risky combo. I have no idea what your tolerance to each drug is but take less of each than you would if you were using them separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.