• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

baclofen with tramadol

Twizm

Greenlighter
I have seen a couple threads on here, and hopefulyl someone can shine some light on my situtation. Apparently my dr put me on 10mg 2 times a day, first question is DOES BACLOFEN affect seizure threshold, lower it or raise it? Next question is if it does, what would be a safe dosage...i have read 80mg is kind of high. I just want the back spasms TO GO AWAY! I tried Flexiril, and NO! Im sorry makes me ill and it cant be taken with Tramadol.

Baclofen does lower the seizure threshold so I wouldn't advise you to take it with tramadol under any circumstances. The only person who could really tell you a safe dose for these in combination is your doctor...

As far as a i know and from experience baclofen doesnt drop the seizure threshold. Oh hold that, toucan has sais otherwise. Id google for confirmation.

Start with a single 25mg pill to begin with but dont go above 75mg. Some people claim to get a feelgood high from the drug but its a disgusting feelimg imo. Stumbling around disorientated and confused with pretty much zero motor skills is no fun and has a dirty feeling to it.

lol i took 2 baclofen of 10mg a pop with 100mg of Tramadol and i feel like im on planer 17, it actually feels like im on acid, no shit

As far as a i know and from experience baclofen doesnt drop the seizure threshold. Oh hold that, toucan has sais otherwise. Id google for confirmation.

Start with a single 25mg pill to begin with but dont go above 75mg. Some people claim to get a feelgood high from the drug but its a disgusting feelimg imo. Stumbling around disorientated and confused with pretty much zero motor skills is no fun and has a dirty feeling to it.
25mg of what? My tramadols are 50mg a pop, and baclofens are 10mg

25mg of baclofen. i assumed because the tablets i took contained 25mg that yours would be the same. evidently they're not.

i still wouldn't take more than 75mg in a 24 hour period. it's not a drug to get a fun high out of in my personal opinion.

yeah all is well, you sure it lowers seizure threshold, i cant find this documented anywhere

initially i was under the impression it had no effect on lowering seizure threshold but evidently it does...

A variety of adverse events may limit the use of Baclofen including lowering of seizure threshold, sedatory effects (i.e., drowsiness), insomnia, dizziness, weakness, ataxia, anxiety and mental confusion

source

Not exactly the Cadillac of drug combos we're talking about here....

blue what we are talking about is what the dr prescribed to me, I wish it was the caddies of drugs (ie oxies) but i have to take baby steps i suppose

^I know I'm sorry...forgive me! That's one doctor who's definitely really on top of making sure any and all euphoria and recreational effects are kept at a minimum....It's a sign of the times I guess.....Five years ago, you'd be more likely get something a little more fun....Of course, I generally use drugs recreationally...so

It's just that, when you spend hours of your day reading these threads, there's people asking all kinds of questions about all kinds of different hardcore mood-altering drugs, then you come across one about "Baclofen/Tramadol"....it just seems random...

In the 2 seconds I just spent reading about it, I guess it does lower the seizure threshold...and so does tramadol, so I guess common sense would tell you not to combine the 2....but who knows the exact details of exazctly how bad combining a low dose of both would really be.....

I guess you can use baclofen for a long time without having to increase the dose for back spasms, at least thats what Wikipedia say, an infallible source...

The two in combo could cause a seizure but is most likely to only occur if both drugs are heavily abused in combination.

Why i say the above is because both drugs are used in conjunction medically quite regularly without complications. As an anecdote i used both together for an extended period of time with no such troubles. this was over a period of a couple years.

For those susceptible to seizures it would be wise to avoid taking them together unless given the go ahead and even then should be monitored closely. If you show concern enough with the doc i can see little problem figuring out a reasonable compromise.

it's not a well documented contraindication like tramadol/ssri's for example, but because it does lower the seizure threshold there is a risk so I think most people would hesitate to advise a 'safe' dose. because really we just don't know...