• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Intelligence of DMT - A Retrospective Analysis.

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
DMT commands special attention, in the sense that it displays a kind of inexplicable intelligence.

I have found that psychedelic drugs in general can reveal an intelligence by shedding light on the subconscious mind - but this intelligence is our own. In this case, we are seeing the normally-invisible mechanics of the very brain which is being altered by these drugs. But DMT, and certainly at times other drugs like DPT, show us something else. Something beyond the brain.

- First, smoked DMT offers me a series of trips which catalyze a positive transformation of my unhealthy lifestyle - I begin to watch my diet, exercise regularly, and sleep well.

- Then, oral DMT in the form of ayahuasca offers me a powerful insight into the nature of my anxiety disorder, which was invaluable in that it allowed me to leave my isolation and attend college.

- DMT gifts me with an insight into the principles of Taoism that begins a life-changing exploration of Eastern philosophy.

- Most recently, on smoked DMT I meet the same "beings" which have been reported by an alarmingly significant multitude of DMT users - enthusiastic and welcoming light-beings who wish to show us something, tell us something.

- Etc.

What do all of these trips have in common? Given the popular assumptions about human beings, and reality in general, the likelihood that this series of events would arise by chance in the hallucinations of psychedelic intoxication is just too slim. The fact that, by flooding the brain with serotonin-mimicking compounds and lighting up 5HT2A receptors all over in a neurochemical fireworks-show, we are able to see such consistently intelligent and constructive effects, is so statistically unlikely as to be virtually impossible. I am reminded of the classic analogy of a tornado sweeping through a junkyard and building a functional airplane. For example, when DMT taught me to love and accept my anxiety, this was totally counter-intuitive to me, and not something that my intellect alone could have discovered, yet it was the solution to my problem. And I encounter this sort of thing time and time again.

In sum, what we see in DMT is incompatible with our current view on the basic nature of reality, and so we've got to change the way we see things. My gut reaction was to attribute this intelligence to an advanced alien race, which was somehow communicating with us by our common entanglement in DMT "hyperspace". No, this doesn't really make sense, I've concluded. If aliens were able to communicate with us through DMT, their first order of business would not be to give humans paternal guidance.

Allow me to suggest another explanation. Look at these well-known facts of our cosmological and biological history, compare them to the above-mentioned effects of DMT, and see if you can spot a trend:

- The universe was born with physical constants, such as the acceleration due to gravity, or the mass of a proton, all falling within the very narrow range within which the development of life is permissible. For instance, a highly unlikely synergy between the strong nuclear and electromagnetic forces, creates what is known as carbon resonance, which causes an unusual abundance of carbon, without which life could not exist.

- In this universe, a planet formed within the habitable zone around a star we call the sun, with a source of water, and the appropriate atmospheric conditions to sustain its liquid phase.

- Under this liquid water, theoretically in the energetic chaos of deep-sea hydrothermal vents, abiogenesis, or the formation of life, occurred - an event so unlikely that, in the ~4.4 billion years that our oceans existed, it has observably taken place exactly once.

- This tree of life eventually produced the human being, a species with languages and technologies vastly more complex than anything seen elsewhere in the animal kingdom. Consider the fact that a stick, sharpened into a crude spear by a chimpanzee is probably the closest thing lesser apes have to the Large Hadron Collider.

- In some theoretical models, it is estimated that at a time in our evolutionary history, human population dwindled to numbers possibly as low as 3,000. Homo sapiens became what we would now recognize as an endangered species, and was threatened with extinction, yet, we survived.

- Etc.

For the same reason that human life has developed against all odds, DMT exhibits its inexplicable intelligence.

Clearly, there is some natural law, or force if you will, which gives the universe its tendency to do this thing, which is characteristic of life on earth. It is the tendency for the universe to build, essentially, what appears to be increasingly complex and spectacular phenomena.

As I understand it, in at least some interpretations of quantum mechanics, the way history plays out over time is not entirely deterministic, but there is an extent of randomness (i.e. unpredictability) in quantum events. As time passes, you can imagine that we are traveling along a continuously forking, branching path. Every time we reach a fork in the road, we roll the dice to decide whether to go left or right. This is how matter behaves on a basic level.

This is how I hypothesize "the force" to work. The unpredictable path that history takes through the tree of possibility is actually not strictly random. It is being biased by the force. Or, you can imagine that it is being pulled by the magnetic attraction of what lies at the end of the path, which is of course, whatever will happen when this trend of increasing complexity reaches its climax. In other words, the dice roll is rigged so that it favors human life, and whatever human life will become in millions or even billions of years.

Abiogenesis is the perfect illustration of this phenomenon. It's been suggested that the origin of life may have been a peptide composed of 32 amino acids. Every time you throw together 32 amino acids into a peptide chain, there is a 1 in 10^40 chance you'll get the hypothetical origin of life. For scale, there are ~10^80 atoms in the observable universe. If you take "the force" into consideration, that wee little self-replicating peptide didn't depend on luck entirely. History took the 10^40th fork in the road because it wanted life.

And this is exactly what we can observe in DMT trips. When we take DMT, we are creating the perfect breeding ground for observable manifestations of the so-called force. Namely, we are creating highly chaotic circumstances. In sobriety, the way our minds work is relatively mechanical and deterministic - we make observations, and respond to them accordingly. However, DMT introduces a wild card. However it works, it seems to stimulate visions and experiences which are completely unpredictable, and always unique. When we take DMT, we put ourselves in the position of facing a thousand forks in the road. And of course, the force always pulls us in the constructive direction. Out of the countless visions that I could possibly see, I'm shown one that enables me to attend college, only because in college I will learn skills with which I will contribute to humanity, and propel The Process.

Also, practices like divination with the I Ching begin to make sense in this paradigm. Perhaps someone long ago caught on to the fact that chance was on his side. Consulting the (seemingly) arbitrary cracks in a turtle shell for guidance is not such a silly idea after all, if those cracks are formed by an invisible intelligence.

I will give you a different perspective on the same idea.

We commonly make the error of assuming that the natural state of things is formless, ugly, and chaotic. That the natural tendency is for time to wear things down, and decay them, like when we see ancient architecture falling to ruin. And that it's up to us to keep things polished and tidy, and vigilantly defend the order and beauty of the world, lest it be swallowed up by the cruel wrath of nature, like the city of Pompeii.

Well, this is a complete 180-degree turnaround of the truth. In reality, the only ugliness that exists is an illusory perception of ugliness created by our egos. What we perceive as chaos and ruin is actually the divine order. Beauty is an intrinsic property of reality, and it's impossible to destroy - we can only alter the form that it takes. Like metal, we can melt it and mold it, and we can even hide it, but we cannot make it truly disappear.

So, when we take a drug with a powerful capacity to dissolve the ego, the mechanism which creates the illusion of ugliness is destroyed, and finally, the secret is told. The drug cuts right through the veil, and out spills endless love, divine perfection - like hitting a piñata with a bat, and it explodes into a shower of candy. This love and perfection is the seemingly bottomless generosity and inhuman intelligence of DMT.

Last edited:
Have you read Robert Ulanowicz's book A Third Window: Natural Life beyond Newton and Darwin? He is an ecologist who has similar kinds of ideas about the role of chance in creating order and structure, which he explains as the result of networks of interacting processes that have feedback loops. There's also Stuart Kauffman's book The Origins of Order: Self-Organization and Selection in Evolution, which I haven't read yet, that reports on computer simulations of these kinds of networks and how they can build order out of chaos. Interesting stuff :D

I like the way you've expressed your observations, here, and not having used DMT yet I have a limited insight into the enlightened state that it can assist in manifesting - however, I have had analogous experiences with dissociatives, much of which I have so far rationalised as insight into the subconscious, and the magnificent power of what our minds are busy calculating, linking and interpreting at all times. I'm fascinated by some of the unique visions of things that are crucial to our operation in the real world... For example, it occurs to me that visions of 'beings' so common with powerful drugs like DMT could potentially be the result of a novel insight into the underlying programming that makes us able to recognise life when we see it, facial shapes, indicators of fellow human life, and awareness of communication with other conscious beings. It could be many things, but that's an idea I'd like to explore if I get the opportunity to have some experiences with drugs that induce that state.

In my equally limited understanding of quantum mechanics and the interaction of matter and energy, each chain of events with its duality of possible outcomes (what you neatly described with the 'forking' imagery) allows us to integrate the notion of an outcome determined by the velocity, forces and exchange of energy and matter, along with an element of unpredictability based on quantum mechanics. My question is this - what is the rationale for implicating some kind of cosmic 'choice' towards life? We can logically suggest that there may be a trajectory that is set from the very first moment which, dependant on the variance introduced by quantum behaviour, means that in these precise conditions it was more likely than not that conscious life (as we understand it) would have developed (in the way that we know it now). Is that what you mean, or are you implying that there has been an element of decision making involved somewhere? It might just be that the use of words like "want," ('the universe wants life') has thrown me off, because classically those words necessitate consciousness. Really, I guess my inquiry is to discover why we would presume that 'the universe' would preference the development of 'life' over any other state of affairs?

An observation on the subject of beauty and ugliness: 'ugliness is an illusory perception created by our egos' - I like this expression. Further to this, however, I would add that by a purist rational approach, all beauty and ugliness are conceptual constructs of those same egos - that is, constructs of the mammalian consciousness with a specific set of functions in survival. We like to create things that we conceive of as beautiful because those notions are programmed into us in our development as a species, it makes us more likely to create things that benefit us, for whatever reason, and more likely to avoid things that we call 'ugly,' which might be harmful, or simply a waste of time. It is a mistake to call anything intrinsically beautiful or intrinsically ugly, everything is just 'a thing' outside the realm of how our minds interpret them. At least, that's the way I choose to interpret it! Oh the irony.
Regardless of this small modification that I would have made, it takes nothing away from your wonderful perspective on the way that the dissolution of ego alters our perception of everything.

*Edit*
I forgot to address one of the points I was interested by. I disagree entirely that it's necessarily unlikely that a large proportion of individuals would have similarly enlightening experiences using these drugs. The mind clearly varies in its spectrum of operation from person to person, but a drug that is so fundamental to our neurology such as DMT seems likely to have been a constituent of our basic development as mammals and/or conscious beings. As such it would not be silly to suggest that its function is somewhat uniform, and in order for that to be the case its physiological impact would have to be fairly consistent.

Last edited:
Have you read Robert Ulanowicz's book A Third Window: Natural Life beyond Newton and Darwin? He is an ecologist who has similar kinds of ideas about the role of chance in creating order and structure, which he explains as the result of networks of interacting processes that have feedback loops. There's also Stuart Kauffman's book The Origins of Order: Self-Organization and Selection in Evolution, which I haven't read yet, that reports on computer simulations of these kinds of networks and how they can build order out of chaos. Interesting stuff :D

Haven't read either - thanks for the recommendations!

it occurs to me that visions of 'beings' so common with powerful drugs like DMT could potentially be the result of a novel insight into the underlying programming that makes us able to recognise life when we see it, facial shapes, indicators of fellow human life, and awareness of communication with other conscious beings.

Yes, well put. I'm definitely resonating with this idea.

My question is this - what is the rationale for implicating some kind of cosmic 'choice' towards life? We can logically suggest that there may be a trajectory that is set from the very first moment which, dependant on the variance introduced by quantum behaviour, means that in these precise conditions it was more likely than not that conscious life (as we understand it) would have developed (in the way that we know it now). Is that what you mean, or are you implying that there has been an element of decision making involved somewhere? It might just be that the use of words like "want," ('the universe wants life') has thrown me off, because classically those words necessitate consciousness. Really, I guess my inquiry is to discover why we would presume that 'the universe' would preference the development of 'life' over any other state of affairs?

Maybe my use of words like "want" was indeed confusing. I was anthropomorphizing nature for the sake of more clearly illustrating my point. But, rather than to say the universe "wants" life, or "prefers" the development of life, it would be better to say that I feel that there is a natural tendency for life to develop. Just like gravity provides a natural tendency for things to fall to the earth, this hypothetical life-bearing force provides a natural tendency for life to form. In this way, the formation of life is not left to blind chance, but is necessarily assembled as a result of this natural law.

I presume that this is the case, because if it were not, and the development of life were left to blind chance, then the fact that life exists is the result of a miraculously unlikely coincidence of factors. Which is of course, possible, but highly improbable.

Further to this, however, I would add that by a purist rational approach, all beauty and ugliness are conceptual constructs of those same egos - that is, constructs of the mammalian consciousness with a specific set of functions in survival. We like to create things that we conceive of as beautiful because those notions are programmed into us in our development as a species, it makes us more likely to create things that benefit us, for whatever reason, and more likely to avoid things that we call 'ugly,' which might be harmful, or simply a waste of time. It is a mistake to call anything intrinsically beautiful or intrinsically ugly, everything is just 'a thing' outside the realm of how our minds interpret them. At least, that's the way I choose to interpret it! Oh the irony.

Excellent thinking.

I disagree entirely that it's necessarily unlikely that a large proportion of individuals would have similarly enlightening experiences using these drugs.

I do too. It only seems unlikely if you look at the world from a more traditional (flawed) paradigm - the paradigm of everything falling to ruin without intelligent supervision.

Maybe my use of words like "want" was indeed confusing. I was anthropomorphizing nature for the sake of more clearly illustrating my point. But, rather than to say the universe "wants" life, or "prefers" the development of life, it would be better to say that I feel that there is a natural tendency for life to develop. Just like gravity provides a natural tendency for things to fall to the earth, this hypothetical life-bearing force provides a natural tendency for life to form. In this way, the formation of life is not left to blind chance, but is necessarily assembled as a result of this natural law.

I presume that this is the case, because if it were not, and the development of life were left to blind chance, then the fact that life exists is the result of a miraculously unlikely coincidence of factors. Which is of course, possible, but highly improbable

The universe is extremely large. Now, I'm no statistician nor physicist, but my humble guess would be the probability of the proper conditions occurring under which life could form in a space as large as the universe would be more likely than some the existence of some "life-bearing force" that modern physics is unaware of and which seemingly wouldn't cohere with our current physical models of the universe. Also, consider how much life there is in the (known) realms of the universe. Currently, only us. So sure, the occurrence of life doesn't seem exactly likely, but there also doesn't seem to be much life around.

Thanks for clearing up your intention, TheAppleCore :)

IamMe90 - One of my favourite descriptions of how often we seem to misinterpret the nature of 'probability' in the universe is this one. If we imagine as an abstract value (the precision of the value is unimportant as long as it's 'very large'), that there are 200 billion galaxies in the universe, and that the conditions present in this arrangement in our galaxy had a 1 in 200 billion likelihood of occurring... Then it's actually a very basic observation that one of those 200 billion galaxies was quite likely to develop as such. Even if the probability is orders of magnitude lower, it doesn't make the evolution of life as marvellously improbable as is often thought, purely due to the amount of time and the amount of repetition throughout space. That doesn't even take into account the idea that this set of circumstances might have occurred anywhere up to an infinite number of times over the history of 'time,' whatever that is, which in terms of probability would make the emergence of life either 'almost inevitable' or 'absolutely necessary.'

The universe is extremely large. Now, I'm no statistician nor physicist, but my humble guess would be the probability of the proper conditions occurring under which life could form in a space as large as the universe would be more likely than some the existence of some "life-bearing force" that modern physics is unaware of and which seemingly wouldn't cohere with our current physical models of the universe.

This is a good point. But firstly, as I mentioned in my OP, the fact that life is even physically possible in the first place is a result of an extremely unlikely coincidence of physical constants. So, for the sake of argument let's say that abiogenesis is actually not an unlikely event, and the universe is relatively teeming with life. Even then, you must agree that for human intelligence and civilization to reach its current status is highly unlikely? In fact, there's proof that it's unlikely - there are millions of animal species on the planet, and none of them have even scratched the surface of human complexity.

If you look at things under a magnifying glass, each individual event that led up to the existence of - not just life - but modern civilization, then there are all sorts of arguments you can contrive to make it all look very mundane. But when you put it all together, you know what you see? It's like a coin flipping heads every single time, hundreds and hundreds of times in a row. And every time it flips heads, this process of increasing complexity and intelligence develops further and further. Look at the big picture, and IMO, it is impossible to see our existence as an accident.

DMT just makes this a hundred-fold more obvious, when you introduce this process into your life, wherein there is an inexplicable energy constantly guiding you toward success. (Actually, it was there all along, you just don't notice it the same way without psychedelics.)

Also, consider how much life there is in the (known) realms of the universe. Currently, only us. So sure, the occurrence of life doesn't seem exactly likely, but there also doesn't seem to be much life around.

The life bearing force doesn't necessarily need to create life forms on numerous planets. Earth is enough to satisfy my hypothesis.

Last edited:
If you look at things under a magnifying glass, each individual event that led up to the existence of - not just life - but modern civilization, then there are all sorts of arguments you can contrive to make it all look very mundane. But when you put it all together, you know what you see? It's like a coin flipping heads every single time, hundreds and hundreds of times in a row. And every time it flips heads, this process of increasing complexity and intelligence develops further and further. Look at the big picture, and IMO, it is impossible to see our existence as an accident.

This is where as a species we will probably permanently disagree with each other based on our varying interpretation of the data. To me, life as an "accident" - or rather, a sequence of events guided by nothing other than an initial set of constants - can make perfect sense, and I see no 'room' left for necessarily including any element of decision making or creation in the way that we understand it. That doesn't mean to say it necessarily isn't the case either, and there are variations of a creationist perspective based in the physically tangible, like the many possible explanations of dimensions and time, that often catch my attention as at least somewhat plausible, though I don't pretend to be an expert. But none of these things are 'necessarily necessary' to explain life, even as complex as ours, given the role of such massive amounts of time in the propagation of improbable outcomes, and the potentially infinitesimal size of the universe. Improbable things happen all the time, we can see that all around us - whether you choose to justify the occurrence of improbable things using a driving directional force, or entirely through a chaotic & quantum model, I guess is down to our own judgement!

*Edit* Just to clarify, I'm not saying I think you're wrong. I'm just saying that I don't think it's actually true to say that life as it is now couldn't have occurred based on a very basic set of principles.

But none of these things are 'necessarily necessary' to explain life, even as complex as ours, given the role of such massive amounts of time in the propagation of improbable outcomes, and the potentially infinitesimal size of the universe. Improbable things happen all the time, we can see that all around us - whether you choose to justify the occurrence of improbable things using a driving directional force, or entirely through a chaotic & quantum model, I guess is down to our own judgement!

Yep. I agree. Highly improbable =/= impossible.

I suppose I could sum up my view with the following: I don't have any way of quantifying exactly how improbable human intelligence is. But, in considering what I know about physics, chemistry, and biology; and of course considering my DMT trips; I get an intuitive sense of such an absurdly high improbability that I personally feel compelled to believe in this constructive "force".

But, like you said, that's just my opinion, and there's no way I can prove it.

Awesome discussion! I intend to give some input when I've got time.
I resonate with your models idea applecore, there are tangents (or the same idea being described semantically different lol ) to the insights given to me through my shamanic practices outside of psychoactive use. Well written, looking forward to discussing this more :)

If you take enough DMT you will realize universal conscioness which is unexplainable in words...

It is so powerful and if you aren't ready for it ; I could see yourself going crazy

For me DMT has shown me there is definetly a higher "force" doing things and this force or essence of life is in everyone and everything .

It is all there was and all there ever will be

Simple explanation; We are definetly all one

The universe /cosmos/ whatever u want to call it is conscious

Or you could even say it is "conscioness"

Many people have had this experience on dmt and ayahuasca

I thought I was crazy then realized there are a small group of ppl who had this experienxe

I do not recxomend this unless you are 1Oo% ready to literally "die"

this

Great thread TAC :)

Glad you folks are enjoying the discussion.

It is all there was and all there ever will be

I like this sentence - this is another aspect of the "essence of life" that I, too, have seen on DMT trips. It is eternal, and all-inclusive.

- there are millions of animal species on the planet, and none of them have even scratched the surface of human complexity.

The life bearing force doesn't necessarily need to create life forms on numerous planets. Earth is enough to satisfy my hypothesis.

But imagine if the earth had evolved in a different way, instead of Pangaea there were two or more continents or large islands, with two seperate food chains, maybe more than one species would have evolved speech and problem solving ?

If the universe was created simply to allow humans to evolve what is the rest of it for ? Your idea that the universe wants life and human beings are the pinacle of creation reminds me a little of the christian 'made in his image' theory IMO.
If the human race is the sole reason for the existance of the whole universe then i want my money back !
Its a cliche but i hope there is intelligent life out there because there is very little of it here, its easy for us to say we are the apex of evolution and creation but if we were living in africa picking thru landfill to survive would we be so sure ?

. So sure, the occurrence of life doesn't seem exactly likely, but there also doesn't seem to be much life around.

none that have sent out radio waves that we have been able to detect anyway, personally i think the universe is teeming with life [ is water such a rare thing ? ] we're just in a quiet nieghbourhood

ps scuse the double post...my stupid monkey brain hasnt evolved the art of multi-quoting

And when i say i think there is other life out there i dont just mean microbes. Intelligent life that knows its gunna die just like us.
All of the traits that seperate us from the animals are survival traits.
we see patterns so we can remember what fruits make us ill, what animals bite.
we have a sense of morality because it helps us navigate the complexities of living together [ ie we learn than nice members of the pack will recieve help when they need it ]
we solve problems so we can figure out how to eat coconuts and start fires
it seems magical but its not
IMO

Last edited:
people should also read books that challenge or contradict our ideas....to see how they withstand it :)

paranormality by richard wiseman is an entertaing insight into the the mind of the ultra sceptic....i shall look at the one you mentioned

THis is an excellent explanation for what I experienced from Jim Carrey himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38ogCISYBZM

Hm. I doubt he's talking about DMT, but nonetheless it would be nice to know where those clips came from.

But imagine if the earth had evolved in a different way, instead of Pangaea there were two or more continents or large islands, with two seperate food chains, maybe more than one species would have evolved speech and problem solving ?

Good point.

If the universe was created simply to allow humans to evolve what is the rest of it for ?

There is no "rest of it" - I'm talking about the whole cosmos. Also, I'm not really saying that there is a purpose for the universe, although I guess that could be a reasonable alternate interpretation of my idea. Small correction - I don't say humans are the pinnacle of evolution. Rather, we are just one step in a continuous process, which might occur for billions of years before it reaches its apex. Eventually I am guessing that we will become something that is as far advanced from us, as we are from our primitive sea-dwelling ancestors.

Your idea [...] reminds me a little of the christian 'made in his image' theory IMO.

Nice. :) I love it when my thinking is paralleled by others. I was also considering the analogies to some aspects of Christianity.

If the human race is the sole reason for the existance of the whole universe then i want my money back !

Really? I am continuously shocked by the beauty of life. It's more than I could have asked for.

Its a cliche but i hope there is intelligent life out there because there is very little of it here

That's nonsensical - intelligence is relative. There is an entire spectrum of intelligence in the tree of life, and given the most traditional definition of "intelligence", we're at the top.

it seems magical but its not

Well, nothing is supernatural, of course. Technically life is magic, though - as I've said here before, magic is the presence of something where the presence of nothing is expected. Like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Life fits this definition perfectly - its existence is rather unexpected, as is the existence of anything at all, in my opinion.

That's why this thread is so awesome; we can compare and contrast different ideas and most posters are coming across with very erudite perspectives. Nice one to sit back and see how it develops...

Right, that's what makes internet forums such an ideal vehicle for sharing ideas like this, rather than publishing them on static websites, or in print, etc. The whole community comes together to trade thoughts. It's why I am almost constantly referencing online forums, of all kinds, for both opinions and factual information.

The following is a sort of a intuitive response to this thread. I essentially agree with everything said here, but I want to expand it even further, if you can imagine that.

DMT carries an infinitely wise channel of information, there no doubt about it. I imagine this infinity as a ray travels from the present toward the future.

Iboga and Salvia, sharing the infamous kappa-opioid agonism, provide, in my view, in contrast, wisdom that spans infinitely from the present to the past. If DMT tells us about our enlightened future selves, then Iboga (and Salvia) communicate the energy of our powerful, powerful origins--the primal beginning of the universe, or the earth, or of mankind, or of your body (birth), or of a present situation.

DMT - Beauty - Wisdom - Spirit - Female - Future

Iboga - Power - Body - Matter - Male - Past

Of course, this is all non-rational poetry here.

The wisdom I see in this thread is so crystalline that I would believe that you guys are indeed perfecting your universal paradigmS. But I believe it is equally important to embrace the stuff that is other than our paradigms. Our silent animal bodies. Our failures. The stuff that is Ugly.

I know we sort of abolished ugly in the beginning of this thread, incredibly wisely, but I think we can't actually do that. Despite a general acknowledgement of the importance of equanimity in this thread, I notice you guys are still using terms that imply a somehow superior future. We can't truly eradicate the contrast between beauty and ugliness, good or bad without dying or somehow leaving/transcending the natural, physical world. Survival in it requires extremely basic tendencies of attraction toward Good and beautiful, and aversion to anything from a pile of poo to injustice to our fellow man.

I do not advocate any kind of regression to our past. I just think that our connection to it is vital--without it, the future, in all its sparkly perfection, would lack meaning. Perhaps you already agree with this, and DMT has shown you this too. But you have to do more than agree with it. Do you feel it? Do you know your ancestors, be they from 1800AD, ~100,000BC (human migration from Africa), ~3.6 billion years ago (the origin of simple celled organisms), or from before that??? This will give you heart, body, and meaning to your highly intelligent voyage toward a better you.

Last edited:
Thanks for a really enjoyable read.
Dimethyltryptamine is my favorite and most cherished molecule.

If I may offer a commentative extension to your theory (which I very much agree with) -
We commonly make the error of assuming that the natural state of things is formless, ugly, and chaotic. That the natural tendency is for time to wear things down, and decay them, like when we see ancient architecture falling to ruin. And that it's up to us to keep things polished and tidy, and vigilantly defend the order and beauty of the world, lest it be swallowed up by the cruel wrath of nature, like the city of Pompeii.

Well, this is a complete 180-degree turnaround of the truth. In reality, the only ugliness that exists is an illusory perception of ugliness created by our egos. What we perceive as chaos and ruin is actually the divine order. Beauty is an intrinsic property of reality, and it's impossible to destroy - we can only alter the form that it takes. Like metal, we can melt it and mold it, and we can even hide it, but we cannot make it truly disappear.

So, when we take a drug with a powerful capacity to dissolve the ego, the mechanism which creates the illusion of ugliness is destroyed, and finally, the secret is told. The drug cuts right through the veil, and out spills endless love, divine perfection - like hitting a piñata with a bat, and it explodes into a shower of candy. This love and perfection is the seemingly bottomless generosity and inhuman intelligence of DMT.

I believe the molecular composition of DMT somehow, beyond human comprehension, when flooded in your brain, possesses the potential to sort of 're-arrange' our organic molecular composition (be it solely within the brain or throughout the body), thus allowing the consciousness to be freed. Each day your consciousness resides within the physical form you are perceiving through, you collect data or information. When you sleep, and your brain is flooded with DMT (if the science holds complete truth) via the pinneal- you deposit your collected information into the collective consciousness. Like you said in earlier in your post,

Every time we reach a fork in the road, we roll the dice to decide whether to go left or right. This is how matter behaves on a basic level. This is how I hypothesize "the force" to work. The unpredictable path that history takes through the tree of possibility is actually not strictly random. the dice roll is rigged so that it favors human life, and whatever human life will become in millions or even billions of years. Abiogenesis is the perfect illustration of this phenomenon. It's been suggested that the origin of life may have been a peptide composed of 32 amino acids. Every time you throw together 32 amino acids into a peptide chain, there is a 1 in 10^40 chance you'll get the hypothetical origin of life. For scale, there are ~10^80 atoms in the observable universe. If you take "the force" into consideration, that wee little self-replicating peptide didn't depend on luck entirely. History took the 10^40th fork in the road because it wanted life.

And this is exactly what we can observe in DMT trips. When we take DMT, we are creating the perfect breeding ground for observable manifestations of the so-called force. Namely, we are creating highly chaotic circumstances. In sobriety, the way our minds work is relatively mechanical and deterministic - we make observations, and respond to them accordingly. However, DMT introduces a wild card. However it works, it seems to stimulate visions and experiences which are completely unpredictable, and always unique. When we take DMT, we put ourselves in the position of facing a thousand forks in the road. And of course, the force always pulls us in the constructive direction.

Those forks in the road are avenues at which death lies. Most days the dice are rigged so life is sustained. But eventually, it must regenerate the cycle, and death of the individual occurs. However, I believe the information we collected throughout our life aids in the manifestation of how and when our consciousness ever reincarnates in any astral plane in any dimension of the multiverse.

But this force you speak of. Could relate with my theory of incomprehensible sub-atomic re-arrangement allowing, like you said, ego dissolution, thusly allowing consciousness and 'self' intertwine with the energy and matter surrounding you.

It is a perplexing fucking drug.

have you ever read "creative evolution", by Henry Bergson? I know what you are trying to express here and, although you manage to do it in a very beautiful way, reading that book will help you a lot; it will give you some needed relief too. read it. you'll love it. in a way, you need to read that book lol