• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wellbutrin (does it cause seizures w hen mixed with meth?

Possibly - I used an online drug interaction checker -

2 Interactions Found
Significant - Monitor Closely

bupropion + methamphetamine =

bupropion will increase the level or effect of methamphetamine by affecting hepatic enzyme CYP2D6 metabolism. Significant - Monitor Closely.

methamphetamine + bupropion =

methamphetamine increases toxcity of bupropion by unspecified interaction mechanism. Significant - Monitor Closely. May lower seizure threshold; keep bupropion dose as low as possible.

Depends on how likely you are to have a seizure generally.

Say you have a probability P to have a seizure.

Wellbutrin will increase that probability by W.

Meth will increase that probability by M.

So your probability of a seizure whilst on both meth and wellbutrin will be your base probability multiplied by however much bupropion and meth would increase the risk in your case (P*W*M)--this varies on an individual basis. So nobody can necessarily determine whether or not a seizure on that combination would be likely for you, but there will be an increased risk for one.

the answer is yes

both are potent CNS stimulants

bupropion in particular is known for lowering the seizure threshold, which is why its not prescribed over 450mg

I actually have had a seizure when combining meth and bupropion, so yes, it's likely.

Yes. It can increase your chances for seizures. And strangely enough I also read that Wellbutrin decreases the urges to do meth. I'm sure they mean when your not taking them at the same time.