• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drug Sabbatical Support & Appreciation Thread Mk. III: New Beginnings

Brimz has to be my inspiration but I don't belong in here given I'm not quite sabbaticating. Have some moral support though <3

Thought i would dig this thread up as i am in need of a Holiday from Drug Use .

just noticed the massive pun in the first sentence :)

A mate text me the other day 'fancy a dig?' We got our wires crossed, she was talking about her allotment :|

You can do this brimz, you strike me as someone with a degree of self control some of us sadly lack.

Seeing this thread bumped reminds me of kate, I wonder why she doesn't post but hope she's doing good. Hi Kate if you ever read this :)

Been on 'sabbatical' since October. As in, compared to my previous pattern of use, I'm on sabbatical. Been using MDPV once every quarter. About 2 grams in total. Aside from that, and the odd bit of MDMA at a couple of parties, I've been sober.

Can't say it's going to stay that way permanently though. I find myself daydreaming about most drugs, and tbh if I had a steady income and an unobserved bank account I would be using drugs much more frequently. Having said that, I find it impossible to draw on any drug, and I need to spend much of my time drawing as an illustration student. Hopefully the demand won't let up once university's over, as inactivity and boredom are triggering factors in me. A constant requirement to draw and work on art stuffs can keep me from slipping back into old habits...

Thought i would dig this thread up as i am in need of a Holiday from Drug Use .

It's been a bit heavy of late & we aren't talking soft drugs . In fact i do intend to smoke more Weed .
I have to give a clean urine in 2 weeks , i could swerve it or well just blag it but i really want to give a proper clean one .

They don't care about weed so that's cool .

Must be careful not to just start drinking loads instead . Would appreciate any support . Thanx Guy's n Gals.<3

edit

just noticed the massive pun in the first sentence :)

You can totally do it brimz. Lots of luck and please feel free to PM me if it could ever help - not that I'm sure how, but if you wanna rant about missing drugs or whatever I'm here :)
Btw what you told me about heroin when I started posting here is really one of the things that motivated me to quit so if you're able to do that for others, I'm sure you can do that for yourself. Best of luck <3

Yeah so had a bit of a unplanned sesh today . It just kind of happened & i went with the flow . Not going to beat myself up about it as it was very enjoyable .

Many thanks for all the kind comments. They were greatly appreciated .

You can do this brimz, you strike me as someone with a degree of self control some of us sadly lack.

This one in particular .:D

Last edited:
It's my first day on the Buprenorphine today. Haven't had any AH since Wednesday night. Took no opis at all yesterday, didn't feel the need, possibly because AH has a hell of a long half life. I've quartered a 2 mg pill, and taking it quarter by quarter every 2 hours. This isn't really a sabbatical but its the closest thread i could find. I'm not taking a break from opis, i'm intending to quit them once and for all.

I cant control myself with them, and the really good ones would soon bankrupt me, so i'm taking poor mans opiates anyway. Sick of being stuck in this trap. The downsides are outweighing the ups.

I'm not feeling too bad at all so far, after 1mg, just a bit fuzzy headed. I was expecting the switchover to be far more horrific.

EDIT: I think I may have spoken too soon. After 1.5 mg of bupe i'm starting to feel those bad old withdrawal symptoms. At this stage I'm not sure if its because the AH has finally worn off, or if the bupe is forcing 'precipitated withdrawals', or if ive been sold fuckin fake pills. :\

Last edited:
How you doing now MDB? I need to start a rapid codeine taper soon. Been drinking 2 bottles + of codeine linctus every day recently. It's just not sustainable.

I think I'm on about 1.4g per day at the moment. I stuck to 600/700mg a day for around 3 years but this last couple of months have seen it all go to shit.

MDB, have you looked into clonidine and loperamide? Worth a shot.

After taking the whole 2mg, plus some etizolam, 1 pregbalin, and 1 phenergan for the nausea Id been feeling all day i felt ok. The rough patch only lasted an hour or so. I think Ive been very fortunate with that. I find bupe to be very stimulating, thats why i made loads of posts yesterday evening. Ive got loads of Lope but as Bupe is an opi antagonist as well as an agonist that might cause some problems. I dont fully understand the antagonist/agonist thing but its meant to prevent you gaining any benefit from topping up with other opis, as the bupe clings extremely strongly to the opiate receptors and knocks/blocks everything else off.

Ive heard of Clonidine but dont know anything about it or where to get it (thats not a sourcing hint) . Never heard of Lofexidine and wouldnt have a clue how to get it.

Apparently when you are new to bupe you can get a good buzz off it if you snort it, but that could lead to me developing a bupe problem if it becomes too enjoyable. Not sure whether to be sensible or to go for the buzz.

Stick with Bupe mate & a short detox is likely to be more successful than a drawn out one . You are going to have to suffer pain at some point my advice is to embrace the pain & remember it so you don't end up having to do it again .
Stay Lucky :)

Be sensible ffs Bupe habit will make that other stuff like a walk in the park .

7 days maybe 9 at the most you should be on a ever decreasing dose of bupe .

Dose once a day & stick to it .

Be sensible ffs Bupe habit will make that other stuff like a walk in the park .

Oh dear.

As you were typing that i was just discovering that the bioavailbity is higher through snorting, so inevitably ive done that. Still gonna stick to my schedule though. I'll probably need the lope when i come off the bupe in about 3 weeks.

At least I'm sure i've got genuine pills now. They are extremely well made, stamped proffessionally with "B2", and the the blister strips look totally kosher too.

3 weeks you will have a bupe habit by then 8( 7/10 days mate it will hurt you can't expect a painless opiate detox .

Don't snort makes em more addictive . You are already in danger of fukin this up that's if you haven't already . I'm only saying this cos i give a shit not to be nasty you do know that ?

3 weeks you will have a bupe habit by then 8( 7/10 days mate it will hurt you can't expect a painless opiate detox .

Don't snort makes em more addictive . You are already in danger of fukin this up that's if you haven't already . I'm only saying this cos i give a shit not to be nasty you do know that ?

Yeah i do know that and i appreciate you have more experience but im as stubborn as a mule sometimes and I'll do things the hard way/wrong way if ive set my mind to it. Ive decided on a 3 week taper; (i cant find the paper ive written it on right now) but its 2mg for a bit, then 1.75, then 1.5,1.25,1.0,.75,0.5,025, jump, reach for the lope and kratom if necessary.

I'm not gonna stray from that. Ive already bought exactly the right amount of pills for a 3 week taper. Im not gonna waste them as they werent cheap, and im far too paranoid to try to sell illegal / prescription only drugs.

Well good luck but at least you know how i would have gone about it . well i would have used Df118 ( Dihydrocodiene ) but that's another thing all together.

Here's to you being opiate free in 3 weeks :)

Thanks Brimz.

Edit (the bupe has kicked in now): Jesus, it feels like ive taken a little bit too much speed right now. Note to self for future ref: do not drink coffee at the same time as taking bupe. This is after the effects of 1mg of Bupe have hit me. It is fuckin strong stuff eh, the intranasal route has made the difference i think, or maybe its just that the bupe levels are building up in my system.

I may not need 2mg at this rate 1mg will be plenty for me, will just have to see how long the effects last now. Maybe 1mg is too much all at once, and i should just take 0.5mg at a time. Everybodys different in their response i think, so i think it's gonna be trial and error until i get the dose right.

FURTHER EDIT: Got some SLF followed by Starsailor tunes on now, feeling fucking great. I dont think bupe is meant to feel so good, i guess its just the honeymoon period of a new drug.

Last edited:
Exception must be made for HIghest Quality MDMA of course this is standard

I may not need 2mg at this rate 1mg will be plenty for me, will just have to see how long the effects last now. Maybe 1mg is too much all at once, and i should just take 0.5mg at a time.

How frequently are you dosing? Once per day? Once every two days?

If it's more frequently than that then you're kidding yourself and about to end up escalating your problem. Again, I say this not to discourage you, but dosing several times a day (or even twice come to think of it) will make the final jump off so much more uncomfortable when it comes.

As you've already noticed, bupe's different. You might find yourself getting very fond of the lift in mood and energy, as they seem pretty 'natural'; especially after a while.

My opi habit wasnt that big, which was one thing i had going in my favour, meaning i could start at relatively low doses of bupe.

It's been trial and error so far. I'm currently on day 6 of Bupe, day 7 without AH. Beginning to feel OK now, though i have been spending 13 hours a day sleeping. I went up to 2 mg for 4 days and have now come down to 1.5 mg. I'm taking 1.00 mg when i first get up, then another 0.5 mg an hour or 2 later. I will take your advice on board this time, now that my body seems to have adjusted to the switch over I'll start dosing once per day as of tomorrow.

You were right about how easy it could be to develop a bupe habit, im sure im finding it more seductive and enjoyable than its supposed to be, but I believe i am being honest with myself, and although i can see how easily it could get out of control, on this occassion i am determined to stick to my plan. Its very rarely i get so determined to do anything, but i am truly fed up of being an opiate slave, but ive had enough of it now. Im mentally prepared to do it, stick to it, and commit to it. Thank you for sharing your experiences and warnings though. That has helped in a big way, as i now know not to take this stuff lightly.

For me, the real problem will come when i try to come off etizolam. :\ But thats something im not even thinking about yet.

Last edited:
One drug at a time, eh? Best to think of it like that. Otherwise you'll drive yourself crackers.

Sounds as if you're determined enough, so good luck. Be prepared for rough times and I've no doubt you'll see it through.

Oh, and once you reach the end, try to avoid going on a stim / booze binge while you get back to normal. It may seem like a good idea at the time but it ain't.